☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Shouldn’t the pauze-option be used to skip automation for several days?

You could use “:question: Additional condition for the entire automation” or you could disable the automations via Home Assistant e. g. per script to disable everything.

1 Like

Yes. No problem.

1 Like

Somehow the shading isn’t working in any Somehow the shading isn’t working in any of my rooms today. But as I see it, all the conditions are met. Am I missing something?
https://file.io/jucLJ7k1Tfcf

Thank you Herr.Vorragend, apparently DWD is currently delivering nonsense in the weather forecast. According to DWD I have condition today: lightning-rainy. But the sun is burning like hell outside :wink: There are supposed to be thunderstorms this afternoon or in the evening, but it’s just stupid when the forecast for the day is lightning-rainy.

1 Like

Hello, sorry for my possibly stupid question, but I would like to protect my house from sunlight and thought that this blueprint could help me. However, I don’t understand why with sun elevation settings the blinds open instead of close at a certain sun elevation. I’m confused. Can I still use this blueprint?

Greetings Mike

Have a look at the shading settings. The sun elevation settings are just for daily opening and closing.

1 Like

Yes I’ve already thinking of this option but I have to find a way to detect when it pass on manual mode to switch off the binary sensor.

I don’t see the option in the blue print. Can you show me where it is ?

Nothing to do with that
An other enhancements can be to use here condition than simple entities

You could ask Herr.Vorragend to implement Additional Actions After Manual Change :slight_smile: Or just add a button to HA to disable.

1 Like

I’ve got a button, but how do you automatically detect when you switch to manual mode to turn the button off? I think it’s something that needs to be implemented.

Please explain exactly what you mean by “switch to manual mode”.

the basic principle is automatic management by the bleuprint. But if there’s a movement that’s not foreseen in the automation (for example, I lower the shutter for a nap when it’s normally open or in the shade position), it mustn’t move until I put it back in automatic mode.
This last part I can manage it with :

At the moment, when this happens, I have a switch that goes to off. Automations are no longer made until it switches to on (manually via the HA interface or automatically via another automation (when the house is empty, for example)).

Why do I start earlier?
You have a boolean with which you can pause everything via the global conditions.
Afterwards or during this process, move your roller blinds to the desired position. And everything stays quiet afterwards.

You can then ignore the manual detection stuff.

I do the same on my upper floor with the bedrooms. Here, the person decides whether to open it or not.

You have to enable this:

Yes this part is OK but I have to find a way to detect when the cover move in a manual position to put the switch to off. I don’t want to put it off manualy in HA interface.

I’ll think about it another time. Until then, I have included it as an issue.

But you will probably have to do that.

I also don’t think it’s a good idea to completely shut down the blueprint by making manual corrections.

If you need to do this, you will probably have to implement it in your own automation.

Okay, I’ve just had a chat with crandler. I can install that. It probably shouldn’t be difficult either.

I just don’t know how to do it the other way round. So how to turn it off again.

Could you create a ticket on GitHub, please?

1 Like

For me the switch to on for the binary (to réengage the automation) have to be done manually or via other automation so no problem.

I create an issue on github.