☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

imao you can pauze / resume the blueprint for longer periodes using the global config switches:

Perhaps you use that during winter of holiday.

That leaves (imao) that the manual interrupts should be temporarily, and the blueprint should resume normal behavior after some timeframe of event (like ‘next day’), when assumed everything is back to normal.

New Update - Long awaited features added :slight_smile:

2024.06.26:
  - Breaking change: The option "Prevent the use of the 'get_forecasts' service (prevent_forecast_service)" has been removed and replaced by the configuration option under "Sun Shading Forecast Type"
  - Fixed: If tomorrow is not a working day, the right time is taken now - #80
  - Fixed: If the blind is moved manually below the shading and ventilation position, this is no longer recognised as closed.
  - Added: Additional Actions After Manual Change - #87
  - Added: You can now decide whether you want to use the hourly or daily weather forecast.
  - Added: It is now possible to reset the manual detection of roller blind movements at 00:01 - #86

Please note the breaking change:

The option “Prevent the use of the ‘get_forecasts’ service (prevent_forecast_service)” has been removed and replaced by the configuration option under “Sun Shading Forecast Type”

Feature: It is now possible to reset the manual detection of roller blind movements at 00:01

Feature: You can now decide whether you want to use the hourly or daily weather forecast.

Feature: Workday Tomorrow?

A little tip: You should take a look at the “Workday Tomorrow” option. It can be quite interesting.

Until a few days ago, we only checked whether TODAY was a working day or a weekend. But Friday is a working day for me and as the following day is a weekend, I want to open the blinds for longer. This can be realised by configuring the “Workday Tomorrow” sensor.

Textual revision

I have also reworded the titles and descriptions of the main features a little. Again. Maybe we’ll have fewer misunderstandings with newcomers in future.

6 Likes

Hi @Herr.Vorragend ,

Unfortenatly my screens did not work with the automation. I’ve got a new tracelog. I’ll also update towards the latest release.

Tracelog:

First of all: What exactly is not working?

Up, down, sun protection?
You sent me a trace that reacted to a trigger to end the sun protection. That might be wrong. I also need the other traces.

But: You have deactivated Cover Status Helper. This is required as a minimum for shading.

Then again, I wonder why you switched off the time control? Was that deliberate? Do you really only want to open in the morning and close in the evening based on the height of the sun? And both at 0?

I also notice that there are hardly any configured shading values. No brightness sensor. No temperature sensor. Only sun elevation and weather forecast.

Please describe your problem in detail. Thank you.

Wow … Nice update again!!

Can you explain the thing with the daily / hourly forecast? What do you usually recommend ? Hourly forecast condition could change regularly while the daily one is set for the entire day ? Any clue if the free OpenWeather integration offers both?

And when would you recommend to set the new “reset at 0:01”-function?

Thank you very much and again a BIG THANK you for all the efforts !!!

1 Like

Like mentioned in a post the day before, I like to close and open based on sun position, temperature and weather forecast. I don’t have additional sensors, although i might consider buying one in the future.

I’ve used suncalc to check what Altitude- and Azimuth ranges to use, configured temperature from forecast

I didn’t know status helper can activate and deactivate, I’ll check where I can change that. And I’ll check the sun settings. 0 is below ground/horizontal?

Many thanks for that!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you please show me a trace of any opening trigger?

[quote=“Bostil, post:817, topic:680539”]
Can you explain the thing with the daily / hourly forecast? What do you usually recommend ? Hourly forecast condition could change regularly while the daily one is set for the entire day ? Any clue if the free OpenWeather integration offers both?[/quote]

I prefer the daily forecast.
The hourly forecast isn’t really a forecasts. It just looks one hour into the future or the current hour.

I don’t use this feature at all. I also don’t use the option to skip the next action after manual journeys. Even when I had a quick look at it yesterday, I wondered whether it all works at all.

Is there any how-to on how to do this? Is this a full trace at a different specific moment in time, or like a part of the complete trace that I can select and download and that provides additional info?

I thought when not selecting anything deeper in the trace, I can extract/download the total trace and that would show config and something that triggered it in the first place.

You have a selection of traces in the selection or jump back and forth using the arrows. Tip: Increase the number of traces (see second post)

The triggers are called:

• t_bo_ for blind opening
  • t_bc_ for blind closing
  • t_si_ for shading in
  • t_so_ for shading out

And so on.

By the way:

New update

2024-06-27:
  - Minor bugfix
1 Like

most of the weatherforcast integrations provided daily and hourly forcast and the actual weather. The daily forecast only shows the max temp from the day and the weather condition from 1 point at the day. Now it could be that the the daily forecast said “its raining”. But who knows when? So it could be that its in the evening and before the sun is shining. In this case the cover wouldn’t close, because the daily forecast saids “raining” In this situation the hourly forcast or the actual weather condition would be more “accurate”

@Herr.Vorragend: thx for implementing this!

which DWD forecast did you use? For me the integration from FL550 seems to be the better one!

yep that would be nice for winter, but as i know from @Herr.Vorragend , the implementation wouldn’t be easy, maybe a new blueprint is neccessary!!

I am using the integration from FL550. Think this is a data problem and not an integration problem. But my problem is solved with the new CCA option to chosse hourly forecast.

Hello,

can anyone explain how to use the schedule helper? I don’t understand when it’s useful.

Just a little an other question, why it’s the ventilation icone here and not lockout one :

i need some help, since some days the ventilation didn’t work anymore!
The trace could be found here: https://file.io/P8EsbpAfdV9X

Hello, I would like to be able to use automatic sun shading based only on an exterior temperature initially. I think I have correctly configured, with the trigger temperature, azimuth, elevation, but it seems not to work… Could you tell me how to show you my configuration in order to help me?

Did you also Set up and enabled a Cover status helper? This is necessary for using Sun shading. It is located at Cover status detection and you just Meer to create a helper, Text Input 254 char length

1 Like