☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Hi,
i disabled the time control options (disable time control and all time triggers) and disabled the generic open and close automation. But the automation still triggers, when the times reached! Its more a hint, because the covers didnt run, because all is deactivated, but the automation shouldn’t trigger i think!
Here are some traces for that: https://file.io/LAn5VUcOyeBb

1 Like

Yo, that’s a bug. A small logic error when checking the schedule helper.

is_time_field_enabled: "{{ 'time_control_input' in time_control or time_control == [] or time_schedule_helper == [] }}"

so in this case the part “time_control == ” should be deleted…right?

As a quick fix, this should do the trick:

is_time_field_enabled: "{{ 'time_control_input' in time_control }}"

today again the same issue - find trace below:

at “up-Time” also “Shading” was enabled!?

helper information:

There is still an active shadow from Sunday, July 7, 2024 15:07:13. We need to find out why it wasn’t reset. That should have happened in the evening at the latest.

What happened yesterday after that? What other actions did the roller blind perform yesterday? Do you perhaps even have any traces?

Crazy: the last cover close was before at Sonntag, 7. Juli 2024 09:33:30.

yesterday at 09:33 should have been a manual movement.
no traces left unfortunately :frowning:

i will test it today :slight_smile:

Another silly question :wink: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: : Would it be possible in the weather forcast section to separate the weather condition from the temperature?
For example to take the condition from the actual values and the temperatur from the daily forecast?

1 Like

Hi there and thanks for you work. I am currently migrating from FHEM where I did sun shading with my perl function and was totally hyped to test your blueprint.

Unfortunatrly shading is not working at all. I just tried to setup a new automation without changing anything but the mandatory input (sun, temp, cover, helper) and the cover is not moved.
I am using an homematic cover which has the current position and is working fine. I found your test template for shading and if I remove the brightness and temp2 it throws true

helper: {“open”:{“a”:false,“t”:1720521476},“close”:{“a”:false,“t”:0},“ventilate”:{“a”:false,“t”:0},“shading”:{“a”:true,“t”:1720522100},“locked”:{“a”:false,“t”:0},“manual”:{“a”:true,“t”:1720522100},“p”:25,“v”:4,“t”:1720522100}

here is my trace of the test automation:

Did you activate Automation Options->Enable automatic sun protection ?

Very nice, thank you!

today (06:15 = opening time) it happened again - other roller, but with same configuration.

it happens, when

• shutter was moved manually (close) the day before today
  • instead of “open” it processes “shading in”

Would it be possible to add an action before opening the cover?

I have some roller blinds behind an switch because they have coil whine. Before and after opening or closing these I have to toggle this switch.

Hi!
my automation is never beeing executed. I searched for a while but couldn’t find any errors. Does anybody knows why it isnt’t beeing executed? All conditions in the trace are “false”.
I only want to use the shading feature.

description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    shading_forecast_sensor: weather.forecast_home
    blind: cover.cover_ost
    auto_options:
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
      - auto_sun_enabled
      - auto_shading_enabled
    time_up_early: "09:30:00"
    time_up_early_non_workday: "11:02:00"
    time_up_late: "11:00:00"
    time_up_late_non_workday: "12:00:00"
    time_down_early: "16:30:00"
    time_down_early_non_workday: "17:00:00"
    time_down_late_non_workday: "23:00:00"
    auto_down_condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: zone.home
        state: "0"
        for:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 30
    sun_time_duration: 60
    sun_elevation_up: 8.6
    sun_elevation_down: 2
    drive_delay_fix: 0
    shading_azimuth_start: 71
    shading_azimuth_end: 187
    shading_elevation_min: 21
    shading_forecast_temp: 22
    shading_weather_conditions:
      - sunny
      - partlycloudy
      - clear
      - cloudy
    check_config: false
    check_config_debuglevel: warning
    ignore_after_manual_config: []
    cover_status_helper: input_text.cover_state
    auto_up_condition: []

Hi,

Thank you. I have configured now the helper, but still nothing happens.
I will not open when sunrise, neither close for shading :frowning:

This is my config:

alias: Auto Beschattung Schlafzimmer
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.schlafzimmer_rollo
    position_tolerance: 17
    shading_azimuth_end: 193
    shading_waitingtime_start: 300
    auto_options:
      - auto_shading_enabled
    check_config: false
    time_down_early: "16:00:00"
    time_down_early_non_workday: "16:00:00"
    time_down_late: "17:00:00"
    time_down_late_non_workday: "17:00:00"
    shading_azimuth_start: 90
    time_up_early_non_workday: "06:00:00"
    cover_status_options: cover_helper_enabled
    cover_status_helper: input_text.auto_beschattung_schlafzimmer_helfer
    resident_sensor: binary_sensor.anwesenheit_schlafzimmer
    sun_elevation_up: 20

Resident sensor is always set to off.
Any idea?

Thanks

Could you please create this as an issue on GitHub? Then it won’t get lost and I can think about it.

The weather conditions in the forecast annoy me too. I use Openweathermap and have completely unworldly predictions that make my shading incorrect.

But every additional option complicates the blueprint and I notice in support how the beginners are more and more overwhelmed.

2 Likes

First of all, I’m sorry to tell you that the trace is wrong. I need a trace for a shading trigger. Not the reaction to manual changes like here.

Are you aware that HomeAssistant only reacts to numerical triggers if the threshold is exceeded?

You have not specified any sensors (temperature or brightness). So you probably only want to use the sun azimuth. And here it is only triggered when the value 95 is exceeded. Not after that. Unless you change the value temporarily via the developer tools.

Please see this issue: Feature Request: Add "Additional Actions Before X" · Issue #77 · hvorragend/ha-blueprints · GitHub

1 Like

You always manage to unknowingly withhold information from me. More traces would have been good. Or a screenshot that shows more from the past. The screenshots only show a lot of the following day. But I don’t really need that. No offense meant. It’s kind of funny. :grinning:

But! I think I’ve found an approach.

• Your roller blind was closed early.
  • Presumably (outside of the screenshot) the helper was then also correct.
  • But then - i.e. afterwards - the shading was triggered and temporarily stored.
  • This is normally done because it is required before the daily opening.
  • This value is never deleted. This is normally done when closing in the evening.
  • But it doesn’t come to you anymore.

I’ll have to fix that.

1 Like

Is nothing really happening?
Not all day?
No response to any time?
That is strange.

What I find strange is your condition in auto_down_condition. I have no idea whether the waiting time really works. But if that were the reason, only the lowering of the roller blind would not work. So that can’t be the problem.

Do you have several CCAs in operation?
But they all use their own helpers, don’t they?
The name seems to be quite generic. Is it also 254 characters long? Just to be on the safe side.

But more importantly, show me a few traces. Then we’ll find the cause.