☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

This link doesn’t work. Sorry.

again :slight_smile: https://file.io/ogtDQ5bmopX9

Oh, now I understand. By “no shading” you mean ending the shading.

Well, yes. Now it’s getting complicated.
I already had what you want after a major conversion of the Blueprint. But then a user pointed out to me that it makes no sense to go to the ventilation position when the sun protection is ended. You want more air in ventilation mode. And there is even more air when the roller blind is fully opened. Or not?

I even still have the code in there. Only completely commented out.

mmhh…i think its not a part of having more air, maybe its a part of the lockout protection!
I mean normaly the ventilation (only) stops if the door/window will be closed and NOT if the weather changes twice (sunny → cloudy → sunny)

Hi together,

is it possible to open the shade in the evening if open the door (lockout contac sensor gets open)?

Would be very useful as an additional option.

Thank yo very much!

Guys, can you recommend a weather integration for HA? I’m in Germany and openweather is here currently just not reliable for me. Its sunny to partly cloudy, but it shows cloudy all the time.

Any recommendations very welcome to improve shading function.

Hi, one question:
If the roller (door) is in shading (40%) and than i open the door, i expected that the roller immidiatly switch to “ventilation” (80%). But it doesn´t. Do i have to confiugre something special oder works it as designed?
Thanks in advanced
Christian

if it should open everytime when the door is open than use the ventilation;)

i think there is no optimal weather integration! But for my position near hannover the following both are good:
met.no (integrated in HA)
DWD from FL550

But both of them have there probs with changing between sunny and cloudy and back, in different ways!! :wink:
I think you have to integrate all of them and check them over a longer time 1-2 week and than decide which to take!

1 Like

Hey. Nice idea but it’s result from a three-state sensor. So I use the ventilation if the door is tilted (position 20%) and lockout if the door is fully opened (position open). So it’s not practicable in that situation. I know from fhem with ASC that he door is opening in lockout position. Could be a nice idea for an additional option.

Another question: In our bedroom the shading end opened the blind altough the resident entity was “true”. My wife nearly killed me after her nightshift. Please help me to avoid my own death :wink:

Thx alot guys!

Hi Guys, I have been struggling with setting up the cover helper option. i created a new input_text helper and assigned it to the blueprint config for one of the covers. but regardless of the cover position, the helper value is Unknown. any advice?

if i see the States Tab under developer tools, my cover has a current_position attribute. Can i perhaps use that to continue the automation when the cover is manually moved?

alias: Cover Control Automation (CCA) - Bed2 Hilite
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.bed2_hilite_blind
    drive_time: 9
    time_down_early: "17:00:00"
    time_down_early_non_workday: "17:00:00"
    time_down_late: "20:00:00"
    time_down_late_non_workday: "20:00:00"
    time_up_early: "08:49:00"
    time_up_early_non_workday: "09:00:00"
    time_up_late: "09:00:00"
    time_up_late_non_workday: "10:00:00"
    workday_sensor: binary_sensor.workday_sensor
    auto_options:
      - auto_down_enabled
      - auto_brightness_enabled
      - auto_sun_enabled
      - auto_up_enabled
    cover_status_options: cover_helper_enabled
    cover_status_helper: input_text.cca_bed2_hilite

EDIT: i think i figured it out myself, the helper’s maximum length had to be 254 characters long instead of 100.

1 Like

Now I can say it publicly: give me a little time to work through the posts of the last few days. I was on vacation and have just returned home.

4 Likes

Found the trigger. When using “lookout protection” the roller doesn´t move.
As i´m using a separat contact sensor therefor, i put a delay of 30 sec in sending the signal to ccu.
That´s helps to open the blind to “ventilation” and than lockout protected.

Regards
Christian

some curious situation today:

shading started as it should.
I opened the door for ventilation.
But nothing happend!
Cover was still in shading position.
But as u can see the status helper changed to lockout true and ventilation false!:

the trace for that: https://file.io/vaB5DvyrDNhP

another thing i figured out today, i set the ventilation to 95%, shading is set to 50% the values in the traces and in HA are correct, but the real position of the cover during ventilation is going from 95 to i would say 93 than to 91 and so on! And also the shading position is changing a little bit…from normaly 50 to 52 than 54 and so on! How could that be?
It must be a problem with the current position in combination with the tolerance (set to 1 %).
i put 4 traces (2 for open and 2 for close): https://file.io/bWICkCWTWNZu

So i need to set the ventilation position to 100…this works fine!!

after deleting my last post because I had misconfigured shading min elevation it is still not working as expected :slight_smile:

I have a sleep state binary which prevents opening and my expectation would be to enter shading mode directly after sleeping ends because they are 100% east direction.

my min values for shading are 6 elevation and 66 azimuth, sun values today at 8:30 were 25 and 85 but the covers were set to 100% instead of only 20%, trace can be found here : https://file.io/jUANSm73O08P

Thanky you and best regards
Andi

The best way to get rid of problems with current weather condition is to use a (outdoor) brightness sensor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly my thought as well… Can you recommend something good? :slight_smile:

A short question, does the ventilation mode overwrite the daily closing?

As I’m still using some Homematic stuff I’m running a HmIP-SLO. Which is quite ok.
But wouldn’t make sense without an existing Homematic environment. Maybe there are some good Zigbee/Matter devices available.