☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

True, “Ignore_shading_after_manual” is active. And you are also right, that I moved the blind manually today. It was very warm and sinceI experienced in the last days that it stopped working, I moved it manually today.
But I didn’t manually moved one specific blind to check (sorry, unfortunately forgot that when posting :smiley: )
Last thursday, when sun shading worked, this blind was triggered at 14:01. Today there is a trace at 14:00 but that didn’t end in a movement.
https://pastebin.com/hC4T5upB

Edit: What just came to my mind when I woke up this morning: the blinds are opened in the morning by a knx timer. So not really manually by hand but manually in the sense of cca. I think since ignoring of manual actions works, this case prevents the Sun shading from triggering, isn’t it?
Will test now one blind with deactivated setting and another with a reset time after being opened by knx.

Next Edit: It does work again with unchecked “Ignore_shading_after_manual” or a reset at a certain time after blinds were opened by the KNX Timer.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I have removed the problematic condition (all of my additional conditions in fact) in all my CCA automations (4).

It seems to have fixed the issue on two of them. Thanks!

I’m not sure why the other two CCA automations are not working. I’ll gather some infos and get back to you.

Awesome support. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation. Then I’ll have to come up with something else for the sun shading.
But then I have another question. What values are triggers in the sun shading range? If I am in the azimuth range, brightness and the two temperature sensors are triggers, right?
And if I were to use force shading, do I simply have to move the roller shutter to the open or closed position via a separate automation system so that CCA recognizes everything again?

How can i setup that time opening is ignored when shading is active?

For example. Up early takes account, i close the blind manually and at Up late the blind opens again. Shading is active during this times.

First off all, this blueprint is really amazing. It has an incredible number of features, and the automations have been working well for me.

However, a few weeks ago, I noticed that after an update (of the blueprint), the trigger “t_shading_end_1” no longer works. I recreated the trigger in the developer tools, and it worked fine there. I also recreated the automation, but the issue still persists. I thought about a breaking change, but I could not find anything.
Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

My config:

alias: Cover - <room east>
description: ""
trace:
  stored_traces: 20
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.<cover east>
    auto_options:
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
      - auto_sun_enabled
      - auto_ventilate_enabled
      - auto_shading_enabled
    individual_config: []
    cover_status_options: cover_helper_enabled
    cover_status_helper: input_text.<cover east>_cover_status_helper
    drive_time: 60
    open_position: 100
    close_position: 0
    ventilate_position: 75
    shading_position: 5
    position_tolerance: 3
    ignore_after_manual_config:
      - ignore_opening_after_manual
    reset_override_config: reset_timeout
    reset_override_timeout: 60
    time_control: time_control_input
    workday_sensor: binary_sensor.workday_sensor
    time_up_early: "05:00:00"
    time_up_early_non_workday: "06:00:00"
    time_up_late: "07:00:00"
    time_up_late_non_workday: "08:00:00"
    time_down_early: "20:00:00"
    time_down_early_non_workday: "20:00:00"
    time_down_late: "22:30:00"
    time_down_late_non_workday: "22:30:00"
    default_sun_sensor: sun.sun
    sun_elevation_down: -3
    drive_delay_random: 0
    auto_ventilate_options: []
    shading_brightness_sensor: sensor.<outdoor illuminance>
    shading_sun_brightness_start: 20000
    shading_sun_brightness_end: 10000
    shading_azimuth_start: 60
    shading_azimuth_end: 160
    shading_elevation_min: 5
    shading_elevation_max: 90
    shading_temperatur_sensor1: sensor.<indoor temperature>
    shading_min_temperatur1: 22
    shading_temperatur_sensor2: sensor.<outdoor temperature>
    shading_min_temperatur2: 18
    shading_forecast_sensor: weather.home
    shading_forecast_type: daily
    shading_forecast_temp: 25
    shading_weather_conditions: []
    shading_waitingtime_start: 120
    shading_waitingtime_end: 120
    auto_global_condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.cover_<room>_pause
        state: "off"
    check_config_debuglevel: error

I deleted my last post because I figured out my mistake.

Alles Gut!

All my blinds are working properly.

Thanks!

Are there any volunteers available for a beta test?

I have revised the logic behind the contact sensors and would like to have this tested first.

The code is located in this separate GitHub branch.

I’m still expecting problems. So please do not use it productively.

I have found the error, but I don’t think this behavior is intended @Herr.Vorragend
I find the weather forecast to be too inaccurate (because the condition is always to late or wrong), but I like the daily forecast temperature. This results in the trigger “t_shading_end_1” always being true and therefore never trigger.
The cause of this is the following code:

shading_forecast_sensor != [] and (shading_weather_conditions == [] or states(shading_forecast_sensor) not in shading_weather_conditions

Maybe this condition should be separated and be connected with the other conditions with an and condition.

1 Like

Oh, indeed. Well observed. Thank you very much.

Do you mind creating this as an issue in the GitHub project?
I don’t want this issue to get lost.

Really really. Is that really the case? I should have noticed that at home by now. That surprises me and would be totally unfortunate.

Normally, the roller blinds are not opened for a second day if the ‘prevent_opening_multiple_times’ option is active. This is probably also the reason why I don’t notice this in my case.

Feel free to show me your traces and I’ll take a look.

Hello thank you very much for this great blueprint, the truth is that it is magnificent.
The only doubt, sorry if it has already been asked before, but I did not find it with the search.
How would you set the elevation in the “Sun Shading” mode for covers with West orientation?
I had no problem with the blinds facing East, but with the West ones the elevation is reversed, the sun heats that part of the house at sunset.
For example:
The activation elevation would be: 60º.
The end elevation would be: 15º.
How should you set it in the blueprint in the fields “Sun Shading Elevation Minimum Value” and “Sun Shading Elevation Maximum Value”?
I have tried several things but have not been able to find the key.
Thank you very much

I think you should try to understand exactly what azimuth and elevation are and how they change over the course of the day.
You need to define values for azimuth start and end and also elevation minimum and maximum. Elevation Maximum should (or must be) above minumum.

I also have configured blinds facing to west for sun shading and set azimuth start = 185°; azimuth end = 302°; elevation minimum = 6° and elevation maximum = 90° (default value). you could try these values and adapt them to your needs.
Lowering azimuth start (start shading) results in earlier shading start, increasing means later.
Lowering azimuth end (ends shading) opens the blinds earlier, increasing opens later.
Lowering elevation minimum sun shading starts earlier and lasts longer, increasing does the opposite

1 Like

How can I import the blueprint without overwriting the existing blueprint? I would like to test with 2 roller shutters

You could change the file name and refer to the beta blueprint in both automations.
But please wait. I’ll upload a bugfix this evening.

To be honest, I can’t answer that at the moment. You probably live in the other hemisphere, don’t you?
All comparisons in the bllueprint work the other way around. I’m having a little trouble imagining this right now.

Hello.
Thank you very much for your help, I will try today with those values to see how it works.
The Azimuth and Elevation I understand more or less how it affects, I had configured the blinds with another automation, so I know more or less in what values I need to act.
My doubt came because in the blueprint it says

Sun Shading Elevation Minimum Value
Starting from which elevation of the sun should the window be shaded?..

At least in my location (Spain) the west facing shades only receive radiation when the sun starts to set, so the starting elevation will be higher than the final elevation. Just the opposite of east-facing blinds
That’s why my question is how to correctly parameterize this situation. With Azimuth there is no doubt.
I don’t know if I have explained it well.
Thank you very much for your time.

Hello.
I live in the north hemisphere, in Spain.
I attach an image of a shadow simulation program, maybe this way it will be clearer to understand it.
As you can see the windows oriented to the West, only receive sun from noon to sunset when the sun elevation begins to decrease.
That’s why my doubt that how to indicate in the blueprint the maximum and minimum value of elevation because the direction of the sun is the opposite that from sunrise to noon.
Thank you very much for your help.

Set minimum to 15° and maximum to 90°. Sun below 15° will stop shading. Sun above 15° will shade. In combination with the azimuth, it should work as expected.

3 Likes

Can someone help me and tell me why the awning is not shaded.
Should not shade this and reopen at the end of the shading. Since it is an awning, it is slightly different from roller shutters.

Awning extended means closed.

Awning retracted means open.

Always think from the point of view of a shutter…

id: '1722425580819'
alias: Cover Control Markise
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.markise
    auto_options:
      - auto_shading_enabled
    default_brightness_sensor: sensor.wetterstation_warema
    brightness_up: 20
    brightness_down: 10
    sun_elevation_down: -3
    sun_elevation_up: -0.5
    workday_sensor: binary_sensor.workday_sensor
    check_config: true
    cover_status_helper: input_text.cover_helper_markise
    cover_status_options: cover_helper_enabled
    auto_up_condition: []
    auto_down_action: []
    brightness_time_duration: 120
    shading_forecast_temp: 24
    shading_azimuth_start: 110
    shading_tilt_position: 0
    shading_azimuth_end: 270
    shading_position: 0
    shading_forecast_sensor: weather.home
    shading_min_temperatur1: 19
    sun_time_duration: 60
    individual_config: []
    ignore_after_manual_config:
      - ignore_shading_after_manual
    shading_brightness_sensor: sensor.gw1000a_v1_7_6_solar_lux
    shading_temperatur_sensor2: sensor.gw1000a_v1_7_6_outdoor_temperature
    shading_min_temperatur2: 19
    reset_override_config: reset_time
    reset_override_time: '17:00:00'
    shading_forecast_type: daily
    shading_elevation_min: 12
    auto_down_condition: []
    auto_shading_end_condition:
        entity_id: binary_sensor.regensensor_solar_water_leak
        state: 'on'
    auto_up_force: binary_sensor.regensensor_solar_water_leak
    auto_shading_start_condition:
        entity_id: sensor.season
        state: summer
        entity_id: binary_sensor.regensensor_solar_water_leak
        state: 'off'
        for:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 5
          seconds: 0
    shading_temperatur_sensor1: sensor.gw1000a_v1_7_6_temperature_1
    drive_time: 70
    reset_override_timeout: 60
    open_tilt_position: 100
    close_tilt_position: 0
    shading_waitingtime_start: 60
    shading_waitingtime_end: 60
    time_up_early: '19:00:00'
    time_up_early_non_workday: '19:00:00'
    time_up_late: '20:00:00'
    time_up_late_non_workday: '20:00:00'

Awning is currently open. Here is the excerpt of the helper.

Here’s another trace log from just now… I’m of the opinion that the azimuth over 250 should have finished the shading.