[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

With the above sorted, on to a new issue. I’m trying to set up automations to trigger the alarm. Here’s what I’m doing:

alias: Test arm alarm
description: ""
trigger:
  - device_id: 4d328b3aa26b9354955a6450c590e101
    domain: zha
    platform: device
    type: remote_button_triple_press
    subtype: Up
condition: []
action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home
    metadata: {}
    data: {}
mode: single

When I triple click the button, the automation shows as run in HA, but the alarm is not armed.

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I don’t know what it is…

Not exactly sure, what you’re trying to do here. :open_mouth: :laughing:

The service-call alarm_control_panel.xxx is from the HA alarm integration, where you’re using Alarmo. :wink: You see, where this is going? :laughing: Happens to the best of us :rofl: :rofl:

For Alarmo you need to use the Alarmo service-calls. Take a look here at the example on the Alarmo page, it practically is your automation. :wink:

Lol. Well, not sure if I feel more or less dumb now that I know the answer.

Thanks!

@Obioban @paddy0174
Service alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home should work fine with alarmo.
However you should provide the entity_id of the alarm entity.
The alarmo.arm service is only created to allow some extra settings (like skipping the exit delay or bypassing blocking sensors).

1 Like

But you would have to enable the alarm integration first, or does Alarmo do this by default? :slight_smile: On the other hand, now that you say it, I don’t have an (HA) alarm configured, and I do have these service-calls… :thinking: :open_mouth:

Thanks for pointing it out, I didn’t know that! :slight_smile:

@Obioban You feel great, because you got it working! :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

@neliss Thank you so much for this custom component! I was wondering though if you have considered submitting the Alarmo integration component to the Home Assistant Core repository for default inclusion?

Please see this related feature request that I newly posted to ask for Alarmo or a similar integration to be included in Home Assistant Core by default to make what this offers more accessible to new users:

1 Like

Yes I have considered submitting a PR for Alarmo, but I am afraid it will never be merged. There are many reasons, to name a couple:

• HA components are (mostly) meant to provide interfaces with external devices/services. This component doesn’t fit in here since it only combines existing entities to provide functionality, like an automation.
  • HA components are not supposed to require a dedicated frontend panel for configuration.
  • Alarmo creates its own database of user/pin combinations (amongst other data), I think this is frowned upon.
  • Alarmo has its own rudimentary automations ‘engine’ (for creating simple tasks like sending a notification), I don’t think this is appreciated.
  • I’m sure my coding quality and style is not up to par with HA, I’m just sharing this project as a hobbyist.
  • I don’t feel motivated for stripping down alarmo and endless code reviews. I rather spend the limited time I have on expanding it to my (and the users) likings.

I believe that alarm integration in HA should be built from the ground up and requires careful thought and attention of the HA dev team. I see it very strange that alarm functionality is still missing. If you ask me it is way more essential than voice assist, which currently seems to be the main priority of the developers.

6 Likes

@neliss thank you for your detailed answer, all awesome argumentets and valid points. Would be great if you could also copy that same reply to the new linked feature request, and especially your comment that there should be an native integration or features for this inside Home Assistent Core even is that is not all that is in Alarmo (at least not as it is today):

I’ll have to admit, you’re running a good promo tour here! :+1: :laughing: Just to note, you can always do that by yourself. Select the text in the post you’re interested in, click “Copy quote” and then post it in the other thread by just responding and pasting in the “copied quote”. The author of the original post gets notified and all. :slight_smile:

I had my first environmental sensor trigger of Alarmo today. Worked well! One of the kids had flooded the bathroom.

When I disarmed it, I used my code… wondering if in an emergency situation like a fire, whether Disarm should be allowed without a code? Remembering a code while the siren is screaming and if it was a fire to manage too - perhaps a codeless disarm would be better. I could create a button and an automation - but using the same Alarmo card would be more intuitive.

After latest update of Alarmo I got this error message (running HAOS 2024.6.4). Any ideas?

Setup failed for custom integration ‘alarmo’: Unable to import component: cannot import name ‘StaticPathConfig’ from ‘homeassistant.components.http’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/init.py)

I might be wrong but I got the message:

0758f9bf553523e177c625406c4c826028b2a760

(Ignore the energy, just got an example of the message).
I use the notification to write which sensor has been tripped and then it calls my phone using an Asterisk server.
I tried to write the notification on yaml but it doesn’t allow me to save it on Alarmo.
Am I mixing things up or is this genuine? :slight_smile:

Quick edit:

This is what I have on the notify bit inside Alarmo:

service: notify.me_asterisk
data:
  message: "House alarm has been triggered! Cause: {{open_sensors|format=short}}."
  title: ""

And this is what I tried which errors out:

service: notify.send_message
target:
  entity_id: notify.me_asterisk
data:
  message: "House alarm has been triggered! Cause: {{open_sensors|format=short}}."
  title: ""

Maybe quite a basic question: I was wondering if there was any possibility to make a requirement for a disarm code for the Away Alert but no requirement for disarmin night alert? So far we’re using the Aqara Alert System and are used to disarm Night alert wih a single click on a button. Dien’t figure out to do this with Alarmo so far. Thank you!

Please change the documantaion.
for HomeKit

homekit:

• filter:
    include_domains:
    - alarm_control_panel
    entity_config:
    alarm_control_panel.alarmo:
    code: 1234 # should be identical to a user in Alarmo as well

in code “” are missing. Without it dosent work

Hi,

this is really a great component! Keep up this fantastic work.

I have a question regarding sensor-configuration where I haven’t found an answer yet.
So here is my use-case:

• I want to use three modes “away, night, vacation”.
  • I have a window-sensor.

In “night” mode I want to enable for the window-sensor “bypass automatically” (so I can keep the window open at night for fresh air).
In all other modes I don’t want to have this enabled, so that the arming would fail until I close the window.

Is this somehow solveable with alarmo?

Thanks in advance
Joerg

Yes it is, and you already gave the answer yourself. :slight_smile:

Go to the sensor panel in Alarmo, click the sensor of the window you want to bypass and open the hidden content by clicking “Erweiterte Einstellungen” (I’m assuming you’re german). This should give you this extended view:

ha_240802_alarmo_bypass

Select the modes for bypass and you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I haven’t activated the “Bypass automatically” and so I didn’t saw the possibility to select specific modes!

Thanks a lot!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: Asked and answered within a quarter of an hour! :partying_face: :laughing:

Have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone
I have 27 sensors connected from Delta Dore/Tydom to Home Assistant via MQTT who are not discovered by Alarmo…
Sensor type : open/locked (integrate into the door & window of the house)
Manufacturer : Delta Dore / Tydom

Home assistant sensor well see when door or window are locked or not.

Anyone gave same type of issue ?

Hi everyone,
I have to get in touch here because of a few questions about ALARMO.
But first of all, a big compliment and thanks for this integration and the work that has been put into it. I think it’s great to be able to have such an integration in Home Assistant :slight_smile:
But…
I have already installed and configured ALARMO and it is already running in a minimal configuration as an alarm system for our house. Everything is fine up to this point, but I am totally confused in some places and most of all with the notification via TELEGRAM.
I have found a few posts on the internet where TELEGRAM seems to be integrated into the ALARMO notifications, because the TELEGRAM service was available and selectable in the ALARMO notifications. On other places, I have read that the TELEGRAM service was suddenly no longer available in ALARMO, but could be solve by adding the necessary lines of code to the ALARMO notification via YAML and the notification via TELEGRAM still worked.
And for me…, nothing, unfortunately nothing at all.
The TELEGRAM service does not appear when I configure a notification in ALARMO. Adding the TELEGRAM lines in the yaml code of the ALARMO notification does not help me either, it is simply not accepted in ALARMO and an error appears regarding the service.
In short, I simply cannot use TELEGRAM in ALARMO.
I have somehow managed to do it using a helper, but I don’t really like it.
The main reason that I don’t think my current solution using a helper is so great is that I am missing some options that I have in the notifications created natively in ALARMO.
For example, the user name stored behind the PIN code can be sent in notifications when activating, deactivating, triggering, etc., as well as the sensor name that caused the triggering…
Another point that caught my attention is the lack of a status in Home Assistant for “failed armed”, which would also be a useful information I wanna send via notification.
This currently doesn’t seem to be possible at all in ALARMO, not even in a notification created in ALARMO…, because this status is simply not available for selection.
I’m kind of caught between two stools now, because on the one hand I really like the ALARMO integration and want to continue using it to its full extent, but on the other hand I want to send all my Home Assistant notifications via Telegram, as I have done so far.
In desperation, because I don’t know whether the missing TELEGRAM service in ALARMO is a bug or a missing function, I have already created a “bug report” on Github…, but so far without any feedback.
It would be great and I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this fog :slight_smile:

Thank you for any information and help I can get.