[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

I’m not sure how the HA automations work exactly, but checking for the attribute arm_mode=armed_night should do the job fine.
I don’t see any reason why this condition check would pass when the alarm is in armed_away. I would dare to say there could be an issue in HA itself if this is the case.

As an alternative you could also check for the alarm to have state: armed_night.
The only difference is that arm_mode is set for arming, pending and triggered states as well, but I think in your case this is not relevant.

alarmo.arm service is intended for arming only. For disarming you can use the default alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm service.

1 Like

@neliss In 1.5.6, the keep_keypad_visible settings seems to be working great. My panel stays consistent now whether armed or not.

Thanks for all of the continued improvements!

Hey y’all! Right now I am mashing up the Alarmo backend and a custom card project that give larger, scaled buttons.

I would love to see this functionality incorporated into the new Alarmo custom card.

Thoughts?

Jason

2 Likes

nice!! i will have a look and see if i will implement this in my dashboard as well :slight_smile:

@jasonshearer Having the ability to have larger buttons on the keypad is the only remaining desire I have (at the moment). At present, the buttons are really small on my “alarm panel” tablet. I am not always able to get them right the first time and I know it causes problems for other family members, the pet sitters, etc.

That was my big thing. The code above works well. Would love to see this integrated into Alarmo :slight_smile:

Below is my card config using the Git page above pointing to the Alarmo entity.

Jason

confirm_entities:
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open_4
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open
  - binary_sensor.garagehalldoor_access_control_window_door_is_open
  - binary_sensor.z_wave_door_window_sensor_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
  - binary_sensor.z_wave_door_window_sensor_access_control_window_door_is_open
entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
labels:
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: Away
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_home: Home
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.clear_code: Clear
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.disarm: Disarm
scale: 16px
show_countdown_timer: true
display_letters: false
states:
  - arm_home
  - arm_away
type: 'custom:alarm_control_panel-card'

Have set this up and pretty happy with it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the awesome work

1 Like

Let’s do it :+1:

2 Likes

I have read most of the posts and read that using a lock keypad with keymaster disarm alarmo.

I could not find instructions on how to do it.

Another question is: can other keypads be used to arm and disarm alarmo?

I don’t know what you mean by this.

Yes, but so far you will have to set up automations in HA to link the external devices to Alarmo.
There is a feature request to have functionality added to Alarmo to simplify this, but this is still open.

Assuming you mean to have the alarm state changed to disarmed when the lock status changes to unlocked?

Jason

Yes. I was probably too tired to make myself clear. That’s my bad.

Hi, this looks so good. tried installing via HACS and got up and running but no Custom Alarmo Card for Lovelace :frowning: Tried restarting several times nothing, checked the card folder in custom_components and vey few files so removed via has and installed manually from zip file. More files this time but the card still does not show up as an option when I edit my dashboards, any help most appreciated as really want to migrate to this :slight_smile:

Clear you browser cache / switch browsers / go to private mode.

Any change to share the custom card code you’re using?

I’ve been using jcooper-korg card for a few days and the size is fantastic.
you you have a mix of that and the Alarmo card I’ll love to use it.

You don’t need Keymaster. Your lock sends a zwave event when it is locked and unlocked. That event data will contain a user id of some sorts for the code that triggered the event. Use the information in that event to trigger an automation that arms or disarms alarmo when authorized users lock or unlock the door.

This is my card code in the post below. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Jason

Hi! I wanted to use Alarmo to be able to enable/disable users to disarm the alarm. Basically I want to create a guest user that only has permissions to disarm when my guest mode is active. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

You could create a guest user with its own code, for that user you have these settings:

Seems like this is what you need right?

The only issue is that the “guest mode” is a manual action (you have to create the user in Alarmo).
I could add some toggle switches to the GUI for disabling/enabling users, but there is no easy way to link a “guest mode” to the configuration of users.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I wanted to avoid having to manually switch the “allow for disarming” for the guest. My idea is to enable guest mode automatically when the router detects some of my allowed guests and if they are present they can disarm the alarm. This needs to be controlled in an automation.

With the way it’s done right now I think I can create an automation that catches the disarming with the changed_by: guest. If the guest disarmed the alarm and the guest mode is off, I will arm again or even trigger it. But I would like to have a more seamless solution, if possible.

I see one scenario where you have a guest mode attribute on the alarm and then one switch on the user to say if it’s a guest or not, and if the alarm guest mode is on, then all the guest users can disarm.

Another more complex solution would be to create a sensor per user like: sensor.alarmo_user_guestA with some user options as sensor attributes (the allow arm and disarm only I guess), this way you could change the permissions per user in the automations.

What do you think? Will you eventually develop some solution like this?