[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Within Alarmo there is indeed no function to trigger the alarm when the arming fails with open sensors.
You could however create an automation in HA to achieve your goal.
For example:

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: alarmo_failed_to_arm
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ trigger.event.data.reason == ''open_sensors'' }}'
action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmo

If many users miss such function I could add this in Alarmo.
Feel free to create a feature request for that in Github.

3 Likes

Thank you for the automation, I tested it and while it does work, it has a downside.
The same event triggers at the start of arming, so you do not get the “bypass sensors” question on the keypad when you forget a window, only a deaf ear :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried to change the automation by looking at the trigger. But this event is missing the info to determine if it is a event at the start or end of arming:

event_type: alarmo_failed_to_arm
data:
  command: arm_away
  context_id: null
  area_id: "1655296595"
  reason: open_sensors
  sensors:
    - binary_sensor.contact_sensor_roldeur_home_security_intrusion_3
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2024-02-08T13:16:17.556909+00:00"
context:
  id: 01HP4DS8RMN7T61DXQBSMN58BX
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

I also tried with actions in Alarmo, but it has the same behaviour

1 Like

Hey guys, is it possible to hide the arming options in the right upper corner? I don’t need it.

Super important!

But furthermore, I cannot get the tool to work at all. I do not understand how to connect it to my Ring Alarm panel, and the config instructions are lacking. I researched this for a couple hours on the web and couldn’t find anything more than a 2-yr-old blueprint which should have worked in theory, but did not allow me to choose any devices (i.e. Ring Control Panel). So, I’m unable to even start using Alarmo.

Hello, is there any way the Alarmo card can update the arm status if the state changes by external input. The builtin alarm card updates states fine.

If I arm the alarm, the card shows the state as expected. But if I then disarm the alarm from another place. ie a physical keypad or an app, then the Alarmo card still thinks the alarm is armed. Any ideas how to make it update?

Want to show the delaytime in the frontend. How can I get a “countdown” timer based on the alarmo delay?

Try this one. It works like a charm!

Any help with an issue most appreciated. I am trying to have Alarmo run a script. The script is simple and works fine (it sets the volume on a cast device and then plays an mp3 on it).

When I try and add the script as an action in Alarmo it keeps saying action required in the task section.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 181802

When looking at the YAML section this is what it says

Screenshot 2024-03-04 181907

Thanks in advance for any help

remove the dash and spaces on the left.

service: script.entry_exit_delay_sound

You shouldn’t need the entity_id & data: since the service call states the script to be run anyway.

1 Like

I have a need to “Allow open while arming”, and I see discussion in this thread and I see it was added. But I don’t see it anywhere, not in sensors or general. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

It’s on the Advanced Settings, within the sensor settings

“Allow open initially”

Thank you for the reply. I suspected that was it, but it’s grayed out on all three of the door sensors. Do I have some other setting that is not compatible with that?

Sorry I don’t see anything on my end that overrides it. Are the sensors marked with the type door?

Yes they are

Found it. It was the Arm After Closing toggle that prevented that from being selected.
Thanks for your help.

Hi, I hope it hasn’t been discussed here yet otherwise I would have missed it.
Can someone tell me how to disable just one alarm using a dashboard button?
I have “away, night, home and vacation” under alarms and I just want to deactivate the “night alarm” with a button. Can anyone tell me how this works?
I don’t have an active PIN code.
Here my code:

square: false
type: grid
cards:
  - type: custom:mushroom-template-card
    primary: Nacht
    secondary: |-
      {% if is_state('alarm_control_panel.alarme', 'armed_night') %}
        aktiv
      {% else %}
        inaktiv
      {% endif %}
    icon: |-
        mdi:security
      {% else %}
        mdi:security
      {% endif %}
    icon_color: |-
        red
      {% else %}
        green
      {% endif %}
    multiline_secondary: true
    entity: alarm_control_panel.alarme
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: alarmo.arm
      target: {}
      data:
        mode: night
        entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarme
    double_tap_action:
      action: none
    hold_action:
      action: call-service
      service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
      target:
        entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarme
    badge_icon: ''
    badge_color: red
columns: 1

Hello there, I’m trying to add an action to Alarmo that will
 arm another alarm when Alarmo is armed (trying to control multiple alarm systems from Alarmo).

When I create an action, however, I cannot select a alarm_control_panel.something device to issue the arm command.
If I try with YAML, I cannot validate an action.

What am I missing?

Since HA 2024.4 my HA crashes on arming / unarming.
Anyone experience the same issue?

Any idea where to look for that?

I use the latest HAOS in VM on proxmos.

Same here. Since 2024.04 home assistant restarts whenever I arm/disarm alarmo. I have the impression it is maybe z-wave related?

It seems to be related to the nspanel blueprint:
All references to alarm system in the blueprint need to be deleted. That solves this problem.

2 Likes