Custom Component: HACS

There is probably no beta at the moment…

@cdrom1028 options is a map and not a list

hacs:
  token: xxx
  options:
    experimental: true

Make sure you have v 0.15.0 installed, if you do clear your browser cache.

With the addition of the experimental option, I will not release beta version anymore, that setting is enough.

So where are experimental features visible? In HACS settings?

For this version, right here

hahaha… yeah just found that. Thanks.

Can experimental stuff be displayed in table view like regular HACS stuff?

Nope, only grid (like the initial version of HACS and the hassio store)
currently I’m not sure I want to add it it, but I have not decided yet.

For now I’m just happy that I was able to build the new frontend at all.
fun fact, the entire experimental frontend are just 13kb (gzipped), and that is half the size of just one of the pages of the “old” one.

1 Like

Well good job. It looks pretty nice. Just used to the table view - makes it easier to find stuff for me.

1 Like

Oh, ok. That was the issue. :+1:

@ludeeus I have really grown to like the layout of HACS Overview page as I can tell the type of Add-On (Integration, Plugin, Python Script) to know if I will need to reboot after upgrade. I also really like how you have the GA Settings page laid out. That being said I welcome the additional tabs in the Experimental Option Greatly.

By the way I like the “store” icon with Naming of HACS in your example…

1 Like

Clicking on a card of the experimental view in Firefox does nothing, Chrome works.

I really like the new interface.

But… if it makes a difference I’d vote for the table view too. There are a lot of plugins and table view is much easier to read.

If it doesn’t make a difference, then no worries, it is still a big improvement.

1 Like

Can you open issue @ github?
add console errors to the issue.

Translations for the new experimental UI are now handled with Lokalise :tada:

3 Likes

How i can use theme installed by HACS ?

https://hacs.netlify.com/faq/#files-downloaded-for-theme

so, has anyone here seen the sidebar icons disappear for HACS after a reboot? I was adding a new zone and after reboot I started getting configuration errors for browser_mod. when I went to try and look at the integration, no HACS… I don’t even know where to start on this one…

I’ve rebooted, deleted cache, ctrl-f5 reloaded window and I still don’t see the new interface.

edit: adding images of config

i had it for two reboots then lost everything… Ugh…

Can’t you people read???

Apparently I can’t. Point taken. Heading for Github