Custom Component: HACS

you need to select it under your HA profile

Some integration raises errors on every HACS start

2019-10-06 21:11:48 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.danobot.entity-controller] Missing manifest file.
2019-10-06 21:11:48 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs] Validation for danobot/entity-controller failed.

NOt sure if this is an issue with has or the integration
But updated Fork Of Yet Another Take On An Alarm but it still shows update

Yes same here.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Isn’t that an issue to raise with danobot?

I have same errors on every HACS start

Same issue here

Have you contact the developer of that custom integration?

Just raised an issue on the Danobot extension-controller Github.
https://github.com/danobot/entity-controller/issues/82

3 Likes

I enabled experimental mode via the integration and later in YAML. After looking at it I decided to disable it, so I did so in both locations. Even after restarting several times, the option is still appearing in the sidebar menu. And when I look for it in .storage it shows it disabled, yet it continues to persist. Any ideas?

I’ve just updated to 0.15.4, but it still tells me that the installed version is 0.15.3 and an update to 0.15.4 is available.

Oh… yeah… forgot to bump the version again

1 Like

That should not happen again https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/blob/195ec2525e4dafe84a5412af6c9494c1886bc6a7/.github/workflows/release.yml#L43-L47

1 Like

Hello All.

It is my first time using HACS and I have run into the following issue.

version 15.5 - manual installation method
Hassio installed via the Docker method
Originally I was on version v0.99.3 and also just tried with v0.100.1

configuration.yaml

hacs:
  token: !secret hacs_git_token
  theme: true

Community (displayed on the sidebar), however, there is nothing in the “store”. I select the settings tab and press RELOAD DATA, and nothing happens.

I checked the system log and this is what I found:

2019-10-10 17:31:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-10-10 17:31:21 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs] Validation for custom-components/hacs failed with GitHub returned 401 for https://api.github.com/rate_limit.
2019-10-10 17:31:21 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hacs] [Unknown error] - Could not load HACS!
2019-10-10 17:31:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.frontend] Removing unknown panel community
2019-10-10 17:32:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/__init__.py", line 218, in recuring_tasks_all
    await self.load_known_repositories()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/__init__.py", line 278, in load_known_repositories
    blacklist = await self.repo.get_contents("repositories/blacklist", "data")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_contents'

Upon checking https://api.github.com/rate_limit

{
  "resources": {
    "core": {
      "limit": 60,
      "remaining": 57,
      "reset": removed
    },
    "search": {
      "limit": 10,
      "remaining": 10,
    },
    "graphql": {
      "limit": 0,
      "remaining": 0,
    },
    "integration_manifest": {
      "limit": 5000,
      "remaining": 5000,
    }
  },
  "rate": {
    "limit": 60,
    "remaining": 57,
  }
}

Which seems to indicate it is not a rate limit issue.

I was initially on version 15.1 of HACS and tried to upgrade to 15.5 to see if that would solve the issue. I even enabling the experimental version to see if that would help in any way.

I am not sure where to check next.

Thank you in advance for any guidance that any of you can provide.

Your token is not valid, generate a new one, and please use GitHub for issues.

1 Like

Thanks @ludeeus that worked.

My apologies for posting this here, I will use for issues in the future.

I had something strange trying to update to 0.15.5. It showed it was updating to 0.15.5, but the const.py file still downloaded with the version as 0.15.3 (and the installed version oddly showed as 0.15.4).
I eventually had to reinstall 0.15.3 and I could then update to 0.15.5 with the version showing correctly.
Could something to do with 0.15.4 having the wrong version number have confused the update process and caused it to simply re-download 0.15.4?

No, but if a single file fails it will restore the old version

New documentation site just went live :tada:
https://hacs.netlify.com/ (Same place)

There are some parts MIA, and probably a “couple” of typos.

If you have not yet completed Hacktoberfest 2019 and want to help out with this project, any PR to the documentation is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes