Custom Component: HACS

It’s not just you. All resources are correctly loaded for desktop browsers like Firefox and Chrome but fail to load in the iOS beta 2.0 or 1.5 app or Safari.

I’m getting the same error in one of the integrations I use. It is added to config and working… just HACS doesn’t think so… Minor glitch. I did log an issue.

Sometimes for plugins and integrations the update/reinstall button is missing:

This error also appears in the console:

main.js?v=0.17.1:636 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'background_task' of undefined
    at HTMLElement.render (main.js?v=0.17.1:636)
    at HTMLElement.update (main.js?v=0.17.1:186)
    at HTMLElement.performUpdate (main.js?v=0.17.1:148)
    at HTMLElement._enqueueUpdate (main.js?v=0.17.1:148)

Refreshing the page usually fixes it.

Hello,

i have the same problem as @kartcon .
i’m on HACS 0.13.1, and i will upgrade to the latest version.
what are the right steps to upgrade successful my HACS?

i have the option: available versions: Next
but i need version 16.2 of higher to upgrade.

thanks

@ludeeus I think that “Back to installed” link uses wrong string from translations. It uses repository::installed but it should repository::installed.

And the difference is?

There is no difference In English but there is in Polish. Now in Polish this “Back to Installed” label doesn’t have sense and is grammatically incorrect.

That’s my slogan :wink:

What do you suggest?
Removing the “Back to” part of it?

I think part “Back to” is OK. If you change part “Installed” from repository::installed to common::installed (I think about lokalise.co labels) it will be OK also.

https://github.com/hacs/frontend/commit/f53242df0c01922f9448f91bc1856b3bc7ea1b2a

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is a HACS issue or an Authenticated CC issue.
But as you wrote them both :slight_smile:

It is showing as not loaded but it is…

I have this:

sensor:

#=== Get information about successful logins to Home Assistant.
  #=== New IPs detected are added to configdir/.ip_authenticated.yaml 
  #=== see - https://github.com/custom-components/authenticated
  - platform: authenticated

and this entry from today. (I’d like a blank line between entries in this log file :wink: )

172.30.32.2:
  city: null
  hostname: supervisor.local.hass.io
  last_used_at: '2019-11-18T22:34:36.270249+00:00'
  prev_used_at: '2019-11-18T20:41:29.279628+00:00'
  region: null
  user_id: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  username: Hass.io

I should add that I am still on v0.16.3 and just restarted.

it’s fixed in 0.17.2

1 Like

I’m trying to develop a custom component and want to include the repository in the default repository later. I looked at the instructions at Include default repositories | HACS, where the following is mentioned:

Before you try to add your repository to the default store first make sure that it follows the requirements for that type that are listed below.

However, I don’t see a list with requirements on that page. Am I overlooking something?

Looks like I need to rewrite some docs :sweat_smile:

Have a look here https://hacs.netlify.com/docs/publish/start

Ah, ok, these requirements. Thanks, I did see these, but I though the docs were refering to something else.

Hi,

I updated HACS to an earlier version to either 15 or 16 and i am now on 17.3. When i upgraded all my installed things disappeared. Everything else appears to be fine.

Is there any way to get HACS to scan what was installed and add it back in?

The “hacs” folder is still in my custom_components folder.

Thanks

Stephen

I asked two days ago just how to upgrade to an interim version, such as 16.2 or 16.3 prior to going to 17.x but never got an answer. I guess I’ll watch to see how to fix the issue above. Yes it was clearly stated that 17 would break the interface if you were on an older version and I assume that was the cause. Now I have to decide to wait for an answer on the interim upgrade or employ the break it and fix it approach.
No, I’m not upset at the developer. I understand that upgrades sometime require a new approach and a fresh install. Kudos to the effort they put forth. My only gripe is that the notice of a breaking change came without instructions how to fix the issue for those of us who delayed the upgrade.

To upgrade to an interim version just use the drop down menu

i have the same problem, i have this option:

HACS

i can choose for “next”, and not for other versions.

Download the zip file from the release page for 0.16.3 manually