Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

ok, thanks, was just responding to Maurizio who was very easy on the ‘corrupted’ finger.

Thank you for this! Looks great! However, do you know why the Cloudy icon may be broken? I’m using sensor.dark_sky_icon entity for the current condition’s icon. You can see currently below on Sunday the icon is missing. It should show the cloudy icon. If the current conditions were cloudy it would have a blank space there. No sure why it’s just the cloudy icon. All of the other ones are working.

It could be because way back i renamed an icon. It might have been that one. If you grab the icons from my repo that will probably fix it

1 Like

add
'show_separator: true ’

1 Like

Is there somewhere an icon pack with .png files and not .svg files compatible with dark sky integration?

That worked! Thank you!

I am using the ones that David posted here. Download his icons and it should work. I had to do a full refresh of my browser to get the icons going but it’s working now!

1 Like

Theres a brand new version of this card coming soon using typescript not javascript. I will work with current configs. However a question… do any of you use the alt formats or old daily format as we are considering dropping support for these in the new card…

1 Like

Hey David, any chance we could make the entity_pos a little more versatile? I would love to be able to switch from in to % so I can use that field for projected humidity.

I don’t understand what you mean by this

So please forgive me as I might be being dense. But Currently from what I gather entity_pos is used for projected rainfall in inches. Personally, I don’t find that as usefull. So I am using that field (? please correct me.) to display the projected humidity. But since it is coded to display rainfall it is in inches.

Screenshot 2022-05-28 161033

that field is currently locked to rainfall. Do you really need humidity forecast for the next 5 days? We have introduced some more slots now as well… Perhaps you can ask about this here Customising the BOM Weather and lovelace - now in HACS - #1290 by pocket as we are currently actively working on a new card. Ask about it there and Simon and I can discuss this for the new card.

@G3GhostTech entity_pos is intended for possible rainfall. Something most people and most weather integrations provide. As @DavidFW1960 mentioned I (the Simon mentioned) am currently working on a revised weather card that will have a bunch of new options and a full graphical configuration. I am based in Australia and our bureau dose not provide humidity forecasts. If you follow the link David provided you find a post towards the bottom that has the github repo where the alpha version is hosted that can be added as a custom repo in HACS.

@DavidFW1960 and @theRat thank you very much for the reply. Understand it could be a strange request and I def know how much of a pia when you get one off requests. Definitely love all that yall have done! I cant wait to test the new card!

I think we are going to be able to support this in the new card by reading the uom from the parsed entity

That is GREAT NEWS! So, I finally got to set up the beta card and I love it. Interface is great and love i don’t have to set up every entity for the 5 day. I did find a bug though… When I am 3 cards wide the “slots” stack. Looks good on my and that is most important personally…

One other thing I noticed on my phone is there could be a little more spacing between the “slots” and the “forcast”. But I know that is more personal pref but I will say I normally the one to compact things…

(Stacked)

(Beautiful card but kinda tight between “stack” and “Forecast” compared to below)

I definitely want to say Thank You for all your hard work. I do want to recognize that a lot of brain power and sweet goes into making this happen. Keep up the great work!

Holy crap, I just realized that after I add my normal style to your card the visualizer still works. KUDO MY MAN! I think it breaks EVERY OTHER cards visualizer. I wish I could figure out how to mod the default dark mode to just auto include in every card…

style: |
  ha-card {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    box-shadow: none !important;
    }
  }

The styling options when implemented will fix that for you

Oh I missed that. You saying its in the road map for ha?

Oh, wait, was I being dim… did you actually mean the styling options your going to add to this card? Or are you saying they are adding a global styling option? Its late here and my adderall has worn off. haha

Styling options for card elements

specifically this