Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

Can’t confirm.
Installed button-entity-row, added to recources (bevore and after dark-sky-weather-card), added an entities card with button-entity-row (on others and the same view).
Absolutely no issues.

Thank you for the nice custom weather card. I wanted to display both a hourly and daily forecast as well as a bit different weather information. For this I used the original card of @Bram_Kragten, adjusted it to work with the Dark Sky Sensor and tweaked the display.

You can find my fork here

weather-card

2 Likes

Thanks, but I already had, and no joy using this link either. It just refuses to work.

Assuming you have does a cache clear?

Thanks for that. I just feel silly now (It obviously worked!)

Lol. Yeah. Clearing cache is always my go-to when I have those kinds of problems. Glad it fixed it for you.

It´s strange. I´m on night call tonight (in Madrid), and in my last shift, I could swear I cleared the cache a few times, and used incognito mode a few other. Must be the damn drowsiness.

One more question and I’ll try to get some sleep: Does the card round the temp up? I have sensor.dark_sky_temperature showing 17.5º, and the card reports 18º back. I have the other weather card installed, and it doesn’t round up.

Yes it does rounding.

FYI: The problem was caused by me, more specifically because I wasn’t loading the card as module but as js since day 1, first time that caused issues.

Thanks

I’m having a difficult time showing text next to the current-conditions icon. I’ve added the value-template for dark_sky_current_text into ui-lovelace.yaml. Is this the correct place for it? Are there any other entries to make it work?

Edit: Nevermind. The value-template needs to be in configuration.yaml. Live and learn.

My configuration is close to what I want. I’m down to the last item, which is converting ‘mbar’ to ‘inHg’. Here’s my template for that:

dark_sky_alt_pressure: 
  value_template: >-
                   {{ (states('sensor.dark_sky_pressure') | float * 0.02953) | round(2) }}
  unit_of_measurement: 'inHg'

Here’s a snippet of the right slots:

As you can see, I’m missing a decimal point, two digits and the proper unit. I’ve poked around a bit and tried to customize some entities, but I’m at a dead end. Any ideas?

Will be HACS implemented?

I doubt it as it seems to be abandoned. I have linked to my fork of this card which is in HACS.

The is is hard wired for the unit and set to round the pressure. All you can do is edit the js if you want something different.

Link to that?

While I have lots of experience with electronic hardware and systems, I’m quite a bit out of my league with software. My first attempt was a failure. A simple search and replace of ‘mbar’ with ‘inHg’ didn’t work. For now, I’ll live with the default; SI units are familiar enough.

I’ll try a few experiments as time allows, but I might put the item on a wish list for the component.

Thanks, Dave.

Edit: Maybe this is why my attempt was a failure:

It’s the BOM weather card in HACS. I have added some additional fields but the config is 99% the same as the original.

Yea, I checked… Similiral but not the same… staying with old fashion weather…

don’t like option to must use “Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)”…

It will work fine exactly the same as the original card does with darksky or any other weather provider

I just updated to Ha .100.3 and I am getting this error in my logs:

http://www.domain.com/local/custom_ui/dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=7:133:148 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined

So I had a number of these which were all related to the addition of ‘d’ to someof the sensors. I corrected the ones I’m using and then verified that all the other sensors can be found in the Dev Tool: 'States"

Here is the card entry in ui-lovelace:

#Weather Card
      - type: custom:card-modder
        style:
          border-radius: 5px
          --primary-color: white
        card:
          type: custom:dark-sky-weather-card
          title: Weather
          entity_sun: sun.sun
          entity_daily_summary: sensor.dark_sky_daily_summary
          entity_current_conditions: sensor.dark_sky_icon
          entity_humidity: sensor.dark_sky_humidity
          entity_pressure: sensor.dark_sky_pressure
          entity_temperature: sensor.dark_sky_temperature
          entity_visibility: sensor.dark_sky_visibility
          entity_wind_bearing: sensor.dark_sky_wind_bearing
          entity_wind_speed: sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed
          entity_forecast_high_temp_1: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_1d
          entity_forecast_high_temp_2: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_2d
          entity_forecast_high_temp_3: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_3d
          entity_forecast_high_temp_4: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_4d
          entity_forecast_high_temp_5: sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_5d
          entity_forecast_low_temp_1: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1d
          entity_forecast_low_temp_2: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_2d
          entity_forecast_low_temp_3: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_3d
          entity_forecast_low_temp_4: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_4d
          entity_forecast_low_temp_5: sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_5d
          entity_forecast_icon_1: sensor.dark_sky_icon_1d
          entity_forecast_icon_2: sensor.dark_sky_icon_2d
          entity_forecast_icon_3: sensor.dark_sky_icon_3d
          entity_forecast_icon_4: sensor.dark_sky_icon_4d
          entity_forecast_icon_5: sensor.dark_sky_icon_5d

Lastly I should note that the card appears in the UI just fine, but I’d like to squash this log error.