Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

It was a browser update as well that broke it for me. Not just 2022.5.x

ok, thanks, was just responding to Maurizio who was very easy on the ā€˜corruptedā€™ finger.

Thank you for this! Looks great! However, do you know why the Cloudy icon may be broken? Iā€™m using sensor.dark_sky_icon entity for the current conditionā€™s icon. You can see currently below on Sunday the icon is missing. It should show the cloudy icon. If the current conditions were cloudy it would have a blank space there. No sure why itā€™s just the cloudy icon. All of the other ones are working.

It could be because way back i renamed an icon. It might have been that one. If you grab the icons from my repo that will probably fix it

1 Like

add
'show_separator: true ā€™

1 Like

Is there somewhere an icon pack with .png files and not .svg files compatible with dark sky integration?

That worked! Thank you!

I am using the ones that David posted here. Download his icons and it should work. I had to do a full refresh of my browser to get the icons going but itā€™s working now!

1 Like

Theres a brand new version of this card coming soon using typescript not javascript. I will work with current configs. However a questionā€¦ do any of you use the alt formats or old daily format as we are considering dropping support for these in the new cardā€¦

1 Like

Hey David, any chance we could make the entity_pos a little more versatile? I would love to be able to switch from in to % so I can use that field for projected humidity.

I donā€™t understand what you mean by this

So please forgive me as I might be being dense. But Currently from what I gather entity_pos is used for projected rainfall in inches. Personally, I donā€™t find that as usefull. So I am using that field (? please correct me.) to display the projected humidity. But since it is coded to display rainfall it is in inches.

Screenshot 2022-05-28 161033

that field is currently locked to rainfall. Do you really need humidity forecast for the next 5 days? We have introduced some more slots now as wellā€¦ Perhaps you can ask about this here Customising the BOM Weather and lovelace - now in HACS - #1290 by pocket as we are currently actively working on a new card. Ask about it there and Simon and I can discuss this for the new card.

@G3GhostTech entity_pos is intended for possible rainfall. Something most people and most weather integrations provide. As @DavidFW1960 mentioned I (the Simon mentioned) am currently working on a revised weather card that will have a bunch of new options and a full graphical configuration. I am based in Australia and our bureau dose not provide humidity forecasts. If you follow the link David provided you find a post towards the bottom that has the github repo where the alpha version is hosted that can be added as a custom repo in HACS.

@DavidFW1960 and @theRat thank you very much for the reply. Understand it could be a strange request and I def know how much of a pia when you get one off requests. Definitely love all that yall have done! I cant wait to test the new card!

I think we are going to be able to support this in the new card by reading the uom from the parsed entity

That is GREAT NEWS! So, I finally got to set up the beta card and I love it. Interface is great and love i donā€™t have to set up every entity for the 5 day. I did find a bug thoughā€¦ When I am 3 cards wide the ā€œslotsā€ stack. Looks good on my and that is most important personallyā€¦

One other thing I noticed on my phone is there could be a little more spacing between the ā€œslotsā€ and the ā€œforcastā€. But I know that is more personal pref but I will say I normally the one to compact thingsā€¦

(Stacked)

(Beautiful card but kinda tight between ā€œstackā€ and ā€œForecastā€ compared to below)

I definitely want to say Thank You for all your hard work. I do want to recognize that a lot of brain power and sweet goes into making this happen. Keep up the great work!

Holy crap, I just realized that after I add my normal style to your card the visualizer still works. KUDO MY MAN! I think it breaks EVERY OTHER cards visualizer. I wish I could figure out how to mod the default dark mode to just auto include in every cardā€¦

style: |
  ha-card {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    box-shadow: none !important;
    }
  }

The styling options when implemented will fix that for you

Oh I missed that. You saying its in the road map for ha?

Oh, wait, was I being dimā€¦ did you actually mean the styling options your going to add to this card? Or are you saying they are adding a global styling option? Its late here and my adderall has worn off. haha