To hide the complete header even when views are there:

card-mod-theme: night
  card-mod-root: |
    app-header {
      display: none;
    }

In order to get back control, simply change the theme :slight_smile:
But, when hided the sidebar as well, then… :slight_smile: :joy:
PS: app-toolbar is not nessecary. Modified this.

3 Likes

Works a treat! Thanks @Pirol62. I’ll work on hiding the sidebar next :rofl:

1 Like

Nice to see we have solutions for certain CH options so quick with card mod. Is it possible to have the footer option through card mod? I use the tabs at the bottom like 99% of iOS apps work, which works a lot better on mobile.

1 Like

Can you say where this goes if I’m using the default theme?

edit:
Just create a theme file named default.yaml…

default:
  card-mod-theme: default
  card-mod-root: |
    app-toolbar {
      display: none;
    }

But how to get dark mode?

As mentioned earlier in this thread card-mod can help you get some of the missing CH features back as well as the fact that CH is still mostly working on 0.116. Check out card-mod’s theme cookbok for inspiration and working examples. Any discussion on card-mod will get you more feedback and answers when posed on its official thread.

There has also been a built in method for hiding tabs per user in HA for quite some time now. Find instructions here. At the top of that same page are instructions on how to hide an entire dashboard from non-admin users.

This project has been around for close to 2 years now, still can’t believe it’s been that long. I am having the mods close this thread, but wanted one last opportunity to say thanks for everything and I’ll see you all around.

Stats on this thread and the original CCH thread before closing:

Compact-Custom-Header thread:
cch

Custom-Header thread:

Thanks for the crazy ride! You can find the original farewell post here.

Edit: I’ve created a quick card-mod config for the classic Custom Header look.

35 Likes