Custom Integration: Linksys Velop

Are there any errors in the logs?

Have you tried reloading the config entry?

Can you install the latest beta and provide the diagnostic data from either the config entry or the mesh device?

I’m not seeing any of these issues and haven’t seen any other reports of this either.

Hi!,

Is there any problem with lastest HA Versións (Ex: 2022.6). The integration is not working well.

This is the debug info:

2023-06-12 15:32:14.907 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Linksys Velop Mesh for linksys_velop
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/linksys_velop/__init__.py", line 279, in async_setup_entry
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(config_entry, setup_platforms)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'ConfigEntries' object has no attribute 'async_setup_platforms'

Thanks in advance

Make sure you are running the latest version of the integration as this was fixed a while ago.

Hey, first of all, thank you for the great work.

I was having some issues setting this integration up and it seems that the current version of the manifest.json is missing the version key. Current version of the manifest.json file:

{
  "domain": "linksys_velop",
  "name": "Linksys Velop",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/components/linksys_velop",
  "requirements": [],
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": ["@adamnaj"],
  "homeassistant": "0.100.0"
}

Should it be “version” instead of “homeassistant”?

Hi, I’m going to assume that you’ve not installed the integration discussed in this thread. You’ll need to add a custom repository to HACS which is detailed in the first post. You should then be able to add this integration. Pay attention to the versioning as that will ensure you’re installing the correct one.

Having the same issue here on HA 2023.11.

Hi,
I installed the most recent version (2023.10.1) of this integration in HACS (running HA in docker container, bridge mode) and tried next to add the integration but I keep running into the error:“Config flow cannot be loaded. 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble” What could be wrong?

I successfully installed other integrations that use ‘local’ network IP and browsed through the posts here in this topic.

Thanks for any help.

I like the looking for these cards, specially the connected devices, do you mind the YAML file please. Thank you

Hi, I’m having trouble adding the integration of my velop node(s). I have installed HACS, have added the custom repo + downloaded it, so now I can see the Linksys Velop in the ‘add integration’ pane. So far so good. But upon trying to add the master node, it times out.
I am using the same IP (192.168.1.52) I use to login to the web portal of that node + the router password. The node is reachable from my Home Assistant (pinged it). I have activated logging, which shows the auth request going out to http://192.168.1.52/JNAP with the correct password, but timing out after 10s.

Any ideas?

Does the integration get suggested as a discovered one? It relies on zeroconf being available in your network but that should ensure the address is correct (I’ve found that I can occasionally login against a child node, not just the main one).

Unfortunately it’s not just a single YAML file for the cards. They’re a series of decluttering cards, state-switch cards and subviews.

1 Like

OMG feel stupid. There was a NAT-ting router in between nodes & HA; so yes the ping test worked, but only in the wrong direction. Updated (=optimized) my network topology (should 've done that long ago already…), HA & nodes on same subnet now, Velop immediately got autodiscovered :slight_smile:

So let the addition to Murphy’s law state: You will probably find the solution yourself, but only after you exposed to the world your ignorance…

Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve installed this integration and made a dashboard for it, so far so good. It shows what expected. Still I have two questions:

1.] Why can I switch the guest WiFi network off (checked this in the router) but not put it back on again?

2.] Why, while the guest WiFi network is turned off (by the switch from question 1) all other entities become unavailable?

Maybe someone already mentioned this, could not find it while scanning this thread.

Some extra info:

• Router = MR5500 : FW = 1.1.2.209598
  • Accespoints = MX5500 : FW = 1.1.5.209977

My guess for both of these is that you just need to wait for the entities to become available again.

IIRC when you change stage of the guest network (I don’t use that function) it soft resets the whole router. The integration can’t reach it whilst the router is offline so entities become unavailable.

Thanks for the reply, will test this and will let you know the answer.

Works as you said. App. 2-3 minutes later everything comes available again in HA and also it is possible to turn the guest network on again. Thanks again, yet another thing to do from my list. :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks like HA 2024.1.x is going to introduce a breaking change for this integration. I will try and find time to get it fixed, but for now, if you desperately rely on it for automations you’ll probably want to hold off upgrading.

This might affect all the integrations I’ve written so I need to fix them all.

I’ve now pushed a beta release which will hopefully ensure compatibility with new versions.

2 Likes

I’m giving this ago, been away for 2 years, working on other things. So I’ve done a complete restart of my HA Blue device.

But I’ve installed the Linksys custom integration and it seems to have installed at version 2024.4.1 asking me for primary node address and password. that worked but I don’t get any of the devices showing online. I want to use device tracker on my network for coming and goings.

I’m wondering have I installed this incorrect.

I’ve tried installing the latest version 2024.5.1, but it locks up at the primary node and password and doesn’t connect to the network.

I have the following device Linksys Velop AC6600 (WHW03Bv2) which is linked to a LINKSYS switch (LGS528P 28-Port Gigabit PoE+) would this have any issues with the connection. I did run the same setup 2 years ago with an older version of the Linksys integration and that worked.

Any help would be appreciated. keep up the good work.