Custom Integration: Linksys Velop

When using 2024.5.1 do you get an warnings/errors in the logs?

if you goto your integrations page then find linksys_velop
click the configure button

should give you the option to create a device tracker

Yeah but I didn’t make a note of it, I can install it again and come back to you with the log details

@Frosty I’ve done this, but nothing comes up in the list, and nothing is seen as on my network. i.e. (online devices = 0)

I’ve tried again did a fresh instal of the intergration, put when I press the confiure button and input the IP address in and local password to the mesh router I get the following;

Linksys config
I checked and double check cut and pasted the same password as I inputted in version 2024.4.1, but i can’t get passed this part of the configuration.

what log would you need if i can’t set up anything more than this.

Ah yes… However, I did change the config flow between those two versions. It now, unbeknownst to the user, will test the password first using the API rather than attempting to just grab all the info.

When you say you’re using the local password, is it really the local password? i.e. not the linksyssmartwifi password that allows you to use the cloud account to login.

Hi uvjim,

The password I use is the one I’ve set up to login to the cloud site.

I now have it working now, here is my process to help others.

So I’ve logged in via my local IP address (192.168.1.1) using my cloud login.

Go to Connectivity tab

On this section I edited the Admin Password

Input the new password and then press OK to apply this password

This is the password I’ve inputted in to the home Assistant setup and then everything started to work.

1 Like

Thanks putting the instructions in. That’s the local password so I guess my documentation should be updated to reflect that better.

Older versions look like they weren’t trapping a “bad” password properly so let that step go through and then returned no results. Good to know I’ve finally stopped that from happening, because a few people had raised no data despite setup seemingly working.

1 Like

Yeah i was trying all my passwords even the one on the sticker underneath.

I must have setup the admin password a while back and forgot all about it. As i use the cloud password to login in.

This should be made clear with screen shots if possible, as there are so many passwords in to the device. It can be a little confusing (well to me anyway, some people are clever than me, lol).

Thanks for your help and getting back, it well appreciated. Keep up the good work its awesome.

1 Like

Hey im struggling to get the integration to find my other devices automatically. I used the admin password for web portal and the primary node ip address with no luck. I have 9 nodes and none of them appear just this random one. I dont know what im doing wrong and this integration will literally be a life changer. One of the nodes is connected to a baby monitor and sometimes it disconnects without us knowing while we’re sleeping. I need to create an alert automation whenever a node is disconnected.

Don´t know exactly when but noticed today (11-08-2024) it is not working anymore for me with failed setup, will retry…

Beside a standard update I did not change anything - installed version 2024.5.1

Core: 2024.8.1
Supervisor: 2024.08.0
Operating System: 12.4
Frontend: 20240809.0

No logbook events at all.

Might have something to do with the latest HA updates.

Velop Integration working fine for me here with same setup as you mention so might be local and not HA related…

unrelated, but mine stopped working since I moved the DNS to pi-hole. it finds all my devices just every entity is unavailable.

Using same setup here and no issues. I’m going to assume (based on my assumptions rather than anything else) that if you delete the integration and add again it’ll likely say something about an invalid or bad password. There was an issue recently opened (and closed on GitHub about something similar).

Would need logs to help out on this one. I used pi-hole for DNS and DHCP here and have no issues.

ah fair enough, I just presumed it was pi-hole as it was working fine since that. Will look into the logs appreciate the response

Hi, I wish it was this easy, I did not delete the integration and I did not change the password on the router aswell. I did not change any internall password what so ever. Below a screenshot with another error.

I did find out that logging was off, I did enabled it as of today, hopefully it will give some more information.

Ok, home from work and after dinner I rebooted the router and now it is working again. Still strange for everyrhing was operational in the network. Anyhow I case someone else bumbs into this situation a reboot of the router might work.

Thank you very much for your work in making this integration, it helped me a lot.

I have the Linksys WHW0303 Velop, with 3 nodes, this integration works perfectly on my HA, which is installed on a Raspberry 5 PI, running Home Assistant OS 2024.8.1.

Thank you for the kind words. I’m glad it’s working for you.

Hi, just tried installing this. Got “Bad response on login. Check that the primary node is correct.” When I go to the IP address of the primary node I am using the password works. Suggestions? Thanks.

Are you using the local password? There seems to be a lot of people over the last few months having issues even when this “used to work” for them. It’s even happened to me where the local password just stopped working and I had to reset it.

This is the login screen from the Android app. Are you using the Router Password option to login? That’s the password the integration uses. You may find it needs resetting.

1 Like