I spent almost 2 days trying to add a few custom lovelace cards, but no luck. I saw similar issues on the internet, but the recipe did not work for me. Can someone help me?
Here is some info about my setup and what I tried so far:
- my HA 2020.12.2 is running in a docker container on a x86 host
- a directory with HA configuration files is mapped to /config directory in the container
- allowlist_external_dirs setting in the configuration.yaml enables /config
- tried installing cards manually, as well as via HACS
- the error is not for one card only - I tried several different ones
- I see cards I installed listed on HACS->frontend tab
- I see cards code located in /www/community
- I tried different base ULRs in the resources section of my ui-lovelace.yaml
resources: - url: /hacsfiles/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js type: module - url: /local/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js type: module - url: /local/community/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js type: module
- The card lovelace code is taken from card’s instructions:
- type: custom:simple-thermostat entity: climate.living_room_trv step_layout: row show_header: false control: false
Unfortunately I continue geting the ‘Custom element doesn’t exist: simple-thermostat.’ error for all options I tried. Does anyone know what is wrong?