[Daikin] BRP069B41 module New firmware 1_14_78 safe?

Yes, no problem at all.

2 Likes

Winter is coming. Now I use the heat pumps (Daikin) even more for heating :blush:

Is there a solution for the broken wifi module yet?

1 Like

Mine magically came back after two weeks, I did not do anything. It was completely offline for these two weeks, so none of the remedies listed here were applicable. The whole unit was dead as well.

The firmware version running on it is the one which broke it, 3_1_33

I banned all 4 of my units from the Internet and deleted Onecta - no more fw updates for me! What Daikin does is maybe good for them, but this circus serves me no purpose as a user. They are not bringing any new features, at least for my units.

Hi Peter. Did you upgrade Onecta during these 2 weeks?

My units also came back online without my intervention. Unfortunately not for long. After a day or two they went offline again.

No, no updates since the incident.

I use my Daikin units for heating, so their availability is crucial. I no longer trust Daikin with any software, especially updates. I deleted Onecta even before the updated and seemingly bricked unit came back online. It just happened on its own somehow.

Hi everyone, I also fell for it when installing this buggy firmware. I have a stylish air conditioner and it no longer connects to the network. In fact, to be more precise, the wifi doesnā€™t seem to work at all. During pairing with the router only the green LED lights up twice. Nothing else.
I really donā€™t know how to solve this.
I tried to reset it from the Split by holding down the keys in all combinations, but nothing happens. There is no way to be found online. The orange LED always remains off.
Are there people in the same situation as me?

Same here, Fabio. I have 4 units, 3 recovered and one is still unusable. That unit has completely disappeared from the network. My guess is that the firmware update failed at a critical point, leaving the unit without any useful software.

Yesterday a new version of the Onecta app was announced Daikin Status (statuspage.io) Havenā€™t updated yetā€¦

Iā€™m in the same boat, Fabio and Rene. One of my Stylish units is not seen anymore by my router.
Has anyone managed to contact Daikin about this? Iā€™ve left 2 messages on Support for customers | Daikin but never got a reply from themā€¦

I still have issues to connect.
I just bought my Daikin Altherma 3.
Havent added my Daikin to Onecta app before.
Trying to add device for first time but I cant do it for last 2 weeks.
My wifi module - BRP069A78

I connect to Daikin AP wifi but then error - failed to connect.

Anyone else have same issue with BRP069A78?

If you see the Daikin AP SSID, it means your Wifi module is working. Itā€™s been a while, but I do remember it takes a number of tries to get it connected to the Onecta app.

I join to daikin AP wifi. I go back to app but it says failed connection.

I have tried 100 times with 4 different phones.

You should start a separate topic for this, as this is unrelated to the original topic.

What you can try, once you get the error that it canā€™t connect to the Daikin AP, you switch to your WiFi settings and manually connect. The you switch back to the app, and retry the connection. Takes a few tries.

In my wifi settings it shows as succesfully connected to daikin ap wifi. Just shows no internet connection (check image above)

No internet connection at this point is fine. First, the app needs to connect to this AP, so you can tell it what Wi-Fi network it should connect to. Then the Wi-Fi adapter will restart, and process to connect to your network. (if all goes well)ā€¦ Iā€™ve had all sort of timeouts.

Some mobiles are dumb and route all traffic across your mobile data when the wifi canā€™t provide internet.
Try to disable mobile data connection and try again.

I have tried that. no luck on 3 different devices.