[Daikin] BRP069B41 module New firmware 1_14_78 safe?

Hello,

I cannot use the Diagnostics method because my units do not appear in the app. I cannot select any device.
On my network (router page) I CAN see the devices, so they are connected to the network but the app doesn’t show them.

Johan

1 Like

Thanks to all of you guys for the very helpful tips.
So far I could recover 2 of my 3 units a Comfora and Stylish.

I’m still having a problem with another Comfora: the WiFi adapter flashes both the RUN and AP light and doesn’t react to any button press. Taking it of the power didn’t help as well.
For my other units I reconnected them to the WiFi and then ran the diagnostic steps but I can’t get this unit reset the wifi settings.

If anybody has a tip how I can reset this one as well I will be very grateful

Did you try to hold Mode button for 3 seconds?

Same problem here. 1 of my 7 adapters flashes simultaneously and constantly on both leds (power & ap).

Therefore this adapter has no network connection anymore and is not visible in the app or in the wlan devices.

Remove it from AC for 30 minutes and also resetting with the buttons did not solve the problem.

Rest procedure was:

1. Press both “Setup” and “Mode” buttons simultaneously till all LEDs are blinking.
  2. Release both buttons.
  3. Press the “Setup” button shortly: all LEDs will start to blink quickly.
  4. Wait till the “Power” LED is continuously lit. The adapter has been reset successfully.

Unfortunately the run & ap led blink still constantly and simultaneously.

Seems the adapter is broken now and have to replaced.

Try ending the debug after only 2-3 seconds once the device has been found. Only select the devices you still need to fix if you know the IP address. This will greatly improve the workaround success as you are more likely to complete the steps (find device, select clear logs, start diagnostics, wait 2-3 seconds till unit has been found,end diagnostics, stop and reboot) before the 45 disconnect happens.

1 Like

Ditto problem here. 4/5 units I was able to bring back to live with the Diagnostic issue; the 5th was fine yesterday, but during the night it must have hit a stage where it is bricked. No responsiveness to any buttons, powercycle etc.

I was told by Daikin Netherlands that for this particular issue, I had to ‘raise a case’ by filling in the ‘find an installer’ form, which they will then pass through to the technical channel internally. YMMV, but I think it is worth calling Customer Service and getting directions for your local approach as well. Clearly, some of these units get bricked with the faulty firmware, as it reboots itself one to many times.

You can actually run diagnostics fix even if you do not see the device in the onecta app main page. In the diagnostics window under devices you should still see the ip if wifi runs for the 45 seconds interrupt, it should popup eventually. If you cannot see the device here maybe the device is hard bricked or you need to reset the wifi first on the unit. This can be done using various steps using the powerful button on IR remote.

For what it is worth. I came close to hard bricking 1 of my units too yester. But got it working again after shutting the power cycle down for the circuit breaker to the heatpumps external unit for several minutes as this supplies all the internal units with power supply. So the question should be, when you activate the curcuit breaker again does the front flap on the unit still open and close immediately? It this is not the case, most models would be hard bricked. What you could try if you know enough about electricity is: open and remove the front flaps on the unit which is bricked. Now remove the whole casing. In most units you should now see the electric cables in the unit on the right top side. Try to see if there is a circuit breakers in the device itself. Unplug and even replug the electric wires if nothing else works. Needless to say you would do all of this with the circuit break to the device and external unit cut. Only if the flaps open when you power the device again it would be unbricked.

So the unit itself works perfectly fine still; it is just the gateway that is nonresponsive and keeps on flashing. But I can still (and could from the very beginning) use and control the unit using the remote.

So it is not the end oif the world if the gateway itself is FUBAR (because I see no way how a standard person can get it working again, once it keeps on flashing these LEDs all the time), but I would hope that Daikin would either send over a new one, or at least offer something to be able to send the gateway controller to them so they can flash it properly.

Unfortunately i couldn’t register all of my units. One of them has still the timeout problem. i tried the diagnostic a lot of times in short ( only a few seconds) and long (1-5 minutes).

btw. the gateway adapter of this unit is not bricked and has a working ip address)

So 5 of my 7 units are working fine; 1 has a bricked adapter (flashing leds); 1 is not working with the fix.

I was able to push and hold the power button on the WLAN unit/gateway, as mine has a little round power button. It switched it off and I turned it on again I pushed & held the Mode button several times until the AP led was yellow (non blinking). I finished connecting to my network. (Just in case, don’t connect to a 5Ghz network, I sort of remembered that didn’t work)

Also, I still had the Daikin Controller app and for me that was an easier app to reconnect with my network.

Then I went back to the Onecta app and used the method from GoranKis and tried that several times. I did one device at a time.

Hope it helps and a big thanks to GoranKis!

unfortunately mine is not going off, when i push the round power button.

I think I held it for about 20-25 seconds.
The Mode button I held for 5-10 seconds several times until the AP led kept burning without flashing.

Once I was able to continue connecting to my network I didn’t use the WPS button on my router, but connected to the gateway device in my WiFi settings on the iPhone.

I must have taken me easily 30 minutes to reconnect to my network.

I pressed the power button for more than 1 minute. the device didn’t go off.

After one day of trying out all possible things, i will call a service installer to replace 2 modules.

I had the same issue. Your solutions worked!
Thanks

Not to scare anyone but one of my five units has gone Phantom offline today. It’s connected, has an IP but is offline in the app. It completed the firmware update before successfully and was working until some hours ago.
It seems there’s something in the firmware causing the behavior as it never did so previously

I confirm that this is working.
But you have to be very fast. The device restarts after 45 seconds, but it’s accessible via the app only 10 seconds. You have to be very fast! I ping the ip via cmd ping IP.IP.IP.IP -t. Then go to the more->settings->diagnostics, select the Start Diagnostics->Advanced settings->select Clear error counter after diagnostics and go back. Then wait for the next device reboot, it will show timeout in the cmd ping session. When the first ping appears, go right away in All devices on the network, select the device, go back and Start diagnostics. After 1 second stop th diagnostics with reboot. The device should reboot after 2-3 seconds, it will not go up to 45 seconds. Do this for all the devices (I powered them off all from the button, and was resetting them one at a time, others turned off after rest, so it’s easier for you to select them in the menu. Then logout completely from the app, log in again and add the devices once more.
Gorane, pozdrav od Makedonija! :wink:

1 Like

I had the same issue last yesterday and somehow managed to solve it by factory resetting the controller. I kept both the setup and mode power pressed at the same time for a few seconds until leds started blinking continously, then let go of the buttons and pressed again only the setup button (you can find these instructions burried deep in the daikin website). Then this allowed me to reconfigure the module from the app and it worked for all my 3 units.

Of course this whole think took be 1 hour to figure out.

Would you have a link to that?

For me factory reset doesn’t seem to work since I can’t re-add the devices. I get stuck with registering them at Daikin.

@FlyingDutchman How can I reset the WLAN adapter to its factory settings? | Daikin

before doing this, it was stuck for me also at registering them. After resetting them with the above instructions and reconfiguring them (putting them in AP mode… and all the other steps) it registered them in under 30 seconds.

EDIT: for me, the power led wasn’t continously lit, but blinking and then i went in the app and reconfigured it.