[Daikin] BRP069B41 module New firmware 1_14_78 safe?

I have manged to get connected with GoranKis workaround. The point is that You have to be quick as you have got only about 40 seconds to start diagnosis with the error counter clearing option and stop&restart.
Thanks GoranKis.

thanks for sharing. Life saver!

Just to properly understand and sorry for bothering you but how did you reset:

Via powerful into service and then with A or via diagnosis and reboot?

i reset by following the instructions on the link i provided. It was just me doing trial&error yesterday that I discovered what worked for me and helped me with 3 units in my house. I think I did start a diagnostic at some point, but waited for 5 minutes waiting for it and then just cancelled it.

Thanks GoranKis. It works indeed.
I also have 4 units, so in order to optimize the process I launched 4 terminals and a ping command on each unit. I processed 1 unit at a time, and waited for it to finish one boot loop and to get back to replying to the ping commands.
As soon as the unit prints ping replies, start the diagnostic, then wait for the other cycle to stop diag and reboot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, i used the old Daikin App Controller, the App found my two Stylish and then i disabled the out of home function at every device.
After that i restarted the ONECTA App and searched for new devices. They were found and i was able to register them. Settings not lost.

That worked for me. My air cooler controls are again online on the onecta app. Before it was stuck on update and offlineā€¦

Big UP

1 Like

I have just got this toasted message in Onecta:

You welcome all from my komsiluk and aroud the world :blush:

4 Likes

Same here. All my units eventually finished the firmware update after dozens of tries with diagnostics. But two of my four units are not offline - they still have an IP address but they are no longer transmitting anything. I can power cycle the adapters (using power button) but they will only show up for a short time before going offline again. The other two are still good (as of now at least).
Lets hope Daikin come up with a fix that can be also applied to the ā€œbrickedā€ devices.

Try that App, let it find the devices and disable out of home per device. Then use ONECTA.

1 Like

In general I think this app is a lot more reliable than Onecta. But it also cannot find my two units that went offline today shortly after successfully finishing the update.

I woke up this morning to find that all my units were offline after I went to sleep yesterday evening with all of them in ā€˜updating firmwareā€™ mode. Credits to everyone here who have offered their suggestions, but itā€™s absolutely PATHETIC how Daikin have handled this so far. You would expect that at the very least the app warns you about the issues at hand, instead of leaving your customer base completely in the dark! Iā€™ve been effing around for more than TWO HOURS trying to get the damn problem solved, only to find this forum discuss the issue AND ITā€™S NOT EVEN DAIKINā€™s. I already disliked Onecta because of the ridiculous response times, but this takes the cake. Shame on you, Daikin!!!

Can confirm resetting the WLAN adapter worked for me (with there remote). After that I was able to re-add all 4 units. I thought I bricked them :slight_smile: Canā€™t see the difference between the new and old versionā€¦

Yeah for the log reset you have to be fast. Pinging it is a good idea to improve your timing and thus improve your successrate.

I just downloaded and installed Daikin Online Controller - from the Apple cloud - and it immediately found all three units (2 x Emura and 1 x Perfera). I can also see that all three are running firmware 3.1.33, which confirms that they actually updated yesterday evening but never got back online. However, the units keep dropping out and reappearing in the DOC home screen. My wifi network never changed and I never saw this behaviour in the past while using DOC, so this firmware appears to be unstable.

I just disabled ā€˜Out-of-Homeā€™ for each unit and that seems to have solved the issue of units dropping and reappearing in the DOC home screen. I never used that option with DOC and with Onecta it makes sense that itā€™s always enabled because youā€™re always going through the cloud while operating the units (which on a side note doesnā€™t explain the ridiculous response times). Still not able to re-register the units in Onecta though; I removed them earlier this evening in an attempt to fix things. Thanks for the workaround anyway.

Version 1_14_84 is nasty.
I was able to connect to my Daikin Sensira Bluevolution FTXC35C-RXC35C as a AP.
But Iā€™m no longer able to connect to my router.
Tried to reset the WiFi module, got the same result.
In the Onecta app, I see Firmware update in progress and Unit offline messages.

You need to run the log flush fix first to stop the 45seconds bootloop as described above. That will fix all your issues and then you can add them back in onecta in no time.

For those who want to reboot their controller, but donā€™t want to deal with the daikin app:
You can use controllerā€™s REST API to do that.

curl -v http://YOUR.CONTROLLER.IP.ADDRESS:80/common/reboot will reboot the contorller unit.

Thanks god this is a common problem. I spent hours trying to get my units work with Onecta with no success. However, I can control them with DOC. Even disabling out-of-home in all of my units wonā€™t allow me to add them to Onecta again. As it seems to be a failure firmware, once Daikin releases a fixed version, can I upgrade it from DOC (and then keep using Onecta)?