Daikin Integration - Updated 2022-09-26

Yes, it still works fine.

It depends on a number of factors. For a quick check, try to use the official HA Daikin Integration. If it works you’re set. If it doesn’t, means that you’ll have to try different alternatives. The custom cloud integration in GitHub - rospogrigio/daikin_residential: Cloud control of Daikin devices that are supported by Daikin Residential Controller app. seems to work fine for the most current wifi adapters. Give it a shot.

Thank you for the reply but I can’t test it yet. I have to decide for a new house (which will be build within the next months) the air condition I want to have. And the Daikin it’s the only one the company is selling. That’s why I’m asking if anybody already tried with the cloud control app and the Enumera version (EU).

But I will buy it anyhow. Otherwise we have to install it later on. During construction phase all wiring etc. is done and it’s behind the wall. With installing it by ourself we have some cable wiring on the wall :smiley:

But if anybody has those new air conditions would be fine if anyone has the same Daikin we think we have :smiley:

New units will for sure not work with the native HA integration. You’ll have to use the custom cloud one.

1 Like

Hello HA community, I am new here and currently in the process of making my home a bit smarter. I came across the Daikin topic and recently ordered a Daikin AC set (FBA50A9 + RXM50R). However, I haven’t ordered the Wi-Fi module yet. How can I determine if the Wi-Fi module is the older one for FBA50A9?

FBA**A9 units used to be shipped with BRP069A81 wi-fi adapter which indeed was BRP069A41/B41 with appropriate cable. I read recently it’s shipped with BRP069C81 which already does not provide local access but only cloud one. Just asked your seller if there is a chance to fit BRP069A81 (resp.BRP069A41/B41) to your unit. If not possible you have to investigate yourself if BRP069A81 can be fitted and run on your unit later on.

According this thread Daikin component with BRP069A81 - #2 by Casca BRP069A81 works with the official Daikin integration.

I can confirm that since this new firmware update, it’s not working anymore…

i think i have to move to a cloud solution :frowning:

I don’t think you understand. Disabling the AP is a good thing.

When connected to your wifi the AC used to continue to broadcast its own access point. This is silly.

Now it does not do this.

What are you referring to as not working? The previous firmware was already cloud only and everything still works with the new one.

oh I’m sorry i mean the default integration in HA is not working anymore, didn’t know with other firmware’s…
But i can confirm that this custom integration is working : GitHub - rospogrigio/daikin_residential: Cloud control of Daikin devices that are supported by Daikin Residential Controller app.

I’m sorry for the confusion!

Ok, that makes sense then. But what is the model number of your adapter? Because mine never worked with the local integration (HA default one).

I have recently updated my firmware on Daikin AC and the integration with local IP control stopped working for me.
I looked into the protocol between the app and AC and instead of http://ac-ip/aircon/get_sensor_info
it now uses http://ac-ip/dsiot/multireq and there is so much data and it is not static so I cannot just save some request for ON/OFF or temperature change, it is generated based on a previous status request and all that info is unreadable and huge.

Does anyone have any idea what to do other then replacing this AC with another brand and losing a lot of money?

Just out of curiosity what is the model of your wifi adapter and the firmware version? Because I just tried the endpoint you mention on my BRP069C4 and it doesn’t work.

Model is Daikin Zetas Inverter FTKZ09VV2S.
Don’t know the adapter model, it is a built-in model. Manufacture year is 2022
Firmware is 2.8.0

The adapter model should be listed inside the ONECTA app. Even though it’s built in you can still check the model.

Replace the wifi controller board with this:

1 Like

Can you elaborate how you found that protocol changed to http://192.168.0.229/dsiot/multireq?
I tried it and now get “GET Method Not Allowed”
Compared to the previous “http://192.168.0.229/aircon/get_sensor_info” get response
“Page Not Found /aircon/get_sensor_info”

I install proxy app (Charles) on my phone and captured the requests that the Daikin mobile controller does.
Problem with this mulrireq request is that it is always different. You cannot “save” specific json request to stop or start the AC and then fire these specific requests. i.e. same request to stop that AC will not work twice. (weird right?)
First there is a request for AC’s data and parameters. And then as I suspect all request are generated based on that one. Which is a very stupid thing to do because this does not really makes the whole thing secure, just more complicated.

If you like I can attach some examples but you can easily capture them on your own and maybe get lucky and understand how they work.

Is there another free app that could be used, instead of this paid app?
I’ll give WireShark on the PC a go to capture data on the IP address, but not sure if that will work.

Oh yea, I forgot that Charles is a paid app.
But as an alternative I think you can install an Android simulator on a PC, Daikin app and use WireShark to log the requests from it. But for me Charles looked like a good solution totally worth the money because it is not an easy task to log requests from the phone - it creates a virtual VPN to get the traffic. Also - it can also grab SSL requests succesfully which is amazing (but not required for Daikin protocol). And 10 bucks is not 100 so it’s ok for me.

I also send some example of my AC usage - stop and start the AC. Maybe you can understand it better than me.
start
stop