deCONZ - Official thread

That’s interesting. I had a mix of tint E27 and Hue E27, Lightstrip and GU10 in the livingroom (8 in total) and operated around 10 different scenes via deconz. The tint bulbs didn’t switch correctly from time to time until I found out, that they only had difficulties with a few of the scenes. With 5 of them, everything was ok. As these 5 were different ones from one tint to the other, it could not be caused by the scene itself. So I switched them with hue bulbs from other rooms. These rooms have only 5 scenes in maximum. Now everything is ok. That brought me to the knowledge, that tint might have a memory problem. All that happend in the beginning of this year.

But as I know the e14 bulbs of Ikea are big as E27 bulbs -> looks depending on the lamp very ugly. So I am looking for the candle size (like tint and hue).

I have GU10 from philips which do not make a noise. Do you have the noise only on the E14 bulbs?

The Ikea version is exactly the same size. TRÅDFRI LED bulb E14 470 lumen - wireless dimmable white spectrum/chandelier opal white - IKEA

Oh yes, you are right. There is a big one and the candle size from Ikea. Thanks for the information.

If we are speaking about Ikea and deCONZ:I have 2 power plugs from Ikea. The 2 plugs often looses the connection in deCONZ and become unavailable. I must pair them again. I think if they get unplugged I always have to pair again. The bulb from Ikea doesn’t have this problem. Does somebody has the same problem?

That’s probably an easy question to answer, but i didn’t find anything by searchig this thread:
Is there a possibility with deConz on Conbee II to have the hue light bulbs remember the last settings like with the hue bridge?
I have around 20 ordinary light switches(the ones that cut off power - i know its not ideal, but i’m in a rental and it would be qutie expensive to upgrade all of them).
I also have same Ikea Tradfri bulbs, these turn on with the same brightness/color they have been turned off with. My Philips Hue bulbs turn on with the same standard brightness/color every time.

Is there an option to have that Tradfri behaviour with Hue bulbs as well?
(Ideal would be circadian lighting, but that would need smart light switches or shellies, so sadly no option atm)
Thanks in advance!

Here is how I did it with Philips Hue bulbs: Accessing Philips Hue Bulb/Sensor Configuration With ZHA Integration? - #2 by erikg

If anyone knows how to do this with Sylvania bulbs/strips, I’d love to hear about it. I didn’t see any relevant attributes when browsing the cluster information.

1 Like

Just an FYI that I’ve done some smaller refactoring and “improvements” to pydeconz and integration to work better in certain circumstances like for example improve cover support.

Its all on HASS dev branch and I’d appreciate it if a couple of different setups where to try it out just to make sure I didn’t break anything.

Cheers

2 Likes

I recently replaced my Philips Hue bridge with a Conbee II USB-stick. I’m very content with the Conbee II USB-stick, it seems to be much more responsive when controlling my devices from Home Assistant, but so far I haven’t been able to integrate my wall switches.

Ideally I’d like to link my wall switches to both my lights, and to Home Assistant so that when for whatever reason Home Assistant temporarily ISN’T available that I can turn my lights on and off, and that when Home Assistant IS available, I can control automations/scripts with the other buttons on my wall switches. How can I do that with my Conbee II USB-stick?

This is my setup:

• Home Assistant v0.118.3, running in a docker container
  • Conbee II USB stick, firmware version 0x26670700, linked to the Home Assistant docker container via --device=/dev/ttyXXX:/dev/ttyXXX
  • Busch-Jaeger 6735/01-8x, 6736/01-8x and 6737/01-8x wall switches. These are correctly linked to the Zigbee network in Home Assistant.
  • Various Zigbee lights and dimmers. These are correctly linked to the Zigbee network in Home Assistant.
    Conbee

PS I haven’t used the marthoc/deconz container for managing my Zigbee network. Ideally I’d like to do all that from Home Assistant, but is that possible?

I am not a deconz professional. But what I know:

• there should be only one coordinator in the zigbee network. So I dont know if you can have deconz + philips = 2 coordinators running.
  • I have wall switches from Ikea, Philips and Xioami. Actually they are working perfect. You need to pair them. And there is (i think) the problem - you must decide to which coordinator you want to pair. If you pair with deconz, you will see them and can assign the keys. Btw: they often lose the pairing, this horror.
  • At the moment i am so frustrated with deconz. So I dont know if it is so a good idea to move from philips away to deconz. You must try, maybe your setup has less problems than mine.

It depend if your wall switches have support for this but take a look here.

Hi everyone, I feel utterly confused. I got the Conbee 2 stick today, I plugged it into my Raspberry Pi (with HA installed: https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/4.16/hassos_rpi4-64-4.16.img.gz)

Every guide talks about adding Deconz as an add-on but there is none. If I go through Integrations it shows up but then asks me about ip/port and gateway API access. If I go to http://phoscon.de/app it just keeps looking for a Gateway and never shows up.

When plugging the stick into my Windows 10 laptop and install the software everything works great, I can see it in the app and connect it to HA without any issues. Of course I don’t want to rely on having the stick connected through my laptop but rather use it on the same Raspberry Pi I host HA on.

Every manual installation guide for Deconz seems to assume Ubuntu/Raspbian and the latest image when installing HA seems to be running Alpine Linux.

Add-on and integration are two different things. The add-on installs the deConz software, you install it from the add-on store as explained in the docs

@eelcohn looking at the screenshots, you are not running deConz but ZHA integration, this topic is about deConz.

Hi @sjee,

Deconz isn’t listed as an add-on on the store:

@sjee Is a connection then to deconz + the philps hue brigde possible at the same time?

I have a maybe very simple question. The sensors and wall switches are working. But look at the screenshot:

• the ikea wall switch has no connection
  • but it stands below a bulb and should have the best connection
  • if i press a button on the ikea switch: it works! in deCONZ i see a blue point.
  • but why is no green line? i thougt this is maybe because it has a battery. but other door/window sensors with battery has a green line.

The same happens to other sensors or wall switches. Some has a green line - some has no line (but works well). Has somebody an explanation?

After installing the Deconz addon, I am asked for the IP and port. What do I use and how do I get it?
If I use the IP supplied in the top right hand corner when using the Phoscon app, it says unable to get API key.

Can somebody help? All the tutorials casually skip this step.

My Aqara door sensors also have this kind of behaviour, it’s normal. I think this has to do with battery saving. It will send a message to the Conbee stick as soon as it is triggered.

I don’t remember that I have to enter an IP address or a port. But maybe you can try 127.0.0.1 as ip address and 8123 for the port.

I am totaly desperated with the conbee stick. Actually the webapp Phoscon is the problem.
My problems are:

• Save a scene does not always works. It saved, but then later I see the settings of a totaly different scene. So I often must save 3-10 times a scene until it really saves.
  • I don’t know why, but sometimes some devices get unpaired. Then I need to configure some scenes again. The horror of saving scenes starts again.
  • Now, this is new: I have 7 bulbs in one room and about 7 bulbs in some other rooms. I created a group with the 7 bulbs in room one. But then when I want ot create the scene, I see the other 7 bulbs. There is no chance to create a scene for room one.

Has somebody the same problems. Problem 3 is a big problem for me. It makes the stick useless.