deCONZ - Official thread

Sure man :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’m not asking for support.

There’s a high chance that someone in 3.5k messages has had a similar experience, and if that’s not you, then great for you.

I have added recently some hue dimmers to the Conbee II stick for some custom functionallity.

Before this I had only aqara battery devices connected to the stick and some other battery devices (door/windows sensor/motion/scene switch).

Also I have a lot of Hue lights connected to the Hue Bridge. I was always thinking that the Hue lights also repeated the signal for the devices that were connected to the Conbee stick.

But what I have read is that it are 2 seperate zigbee networks and that they don’t repeat the signals to the different networks only in there own network.

So I have added also an Ikea repeater to the conbee stick to have a better zignee network.

The Hue dimmers that I have added are new and have almost full battery. But what I noticed is that when I press the dim buttons on 1 Hue dimmer the lights goes to red (of the dimmer).

This is the graph of the Zigbee network:

You see that the Hue Dimmers had automatically seen the Ikea Repeater and send their signal to them.

But I have no knowledge about the numbers of the lines you see in the graph. It seems to me that the aqara battery devices are all better without the repeater than the Hue Dimmers with the repeater?

Hi!

Recently, I tried to get external encrypted access to my HA working, using the Duck DNS Add-on. I reversed the changed I’d made when I found that both internal and external access were not possible for some reason. Immediately after this, devices via deCONZ were greyed out in HA and the integration displayed an error. The Phoscon UI is still accessible. The deCONZ application through VNC isn’t.

I tried:

1. updating the ip address in /config/.storage/core.config_entries to the one displayed in Phoscon.

This got rid of the “greyedoutness” and the error on the integration page, but when I try to turn on or off a light, after a few seconds an error appears “Failed to call service light/turn_on.” In the error log, I found this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/deconz/light.py:234
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: February 17, 2023 at 16:28:16 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:48:43

[2628862328]
[2620692200]
[2628768672]
[2620713808]
[2634037208]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 142, in request_with_retry
    return await self.request(method, path, json)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 167, in request
    response: dict[str, Any] = await self._request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 194, in _request
    _raise_on_error(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 225, in _raise_on_error
    raise_error(data["error"])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/errors.py", line 73, in raise_error
    raise cls(
pydeconz.errors.BridgeBusy: 901 /lights/5/state/on Internal error, 951

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 142, in request_with_retry
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 167, in request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 194, in _request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 225, in _raise_on_error
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/errors.py", line 73, in raise_error
    raise cls(

raise cls(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 200, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1787, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1824, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 213, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 680, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 968, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 720, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 571, in async_handle_light_on_service
    await light.async_turn_on(**filter_turn_on_params(light, params))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/light.py", line 234, in async_turn_on
    await self.api.set_state(id=self._device.resource_id, **data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/interfaces/lights.py", line 174, in set_state
    return await self.gateway.request_with_retry(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 155, in request_with_retry
    return await self.request_with_retry(method, path, json, tries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 155, in request_with_retry
    return await self.request_with_retry(method, path, json, tries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 158, in request_with_retry
    raise BridgeBusy
pydeconz.errors.BridgeBusy
  1. Uninstalling and re-installing the integration. This got me back to where I started. I tried updating the ip address in config_entries again, but to the same result.

Anyone got any ideas to try, avoiding having to completely reset the Conbee stick? Would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hello all!

Another month and another release of Home Assistant so here comes another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

Here are the changes coming with Home Assistant 2023.3.0

Nearly no action from me at all on the Home Assistant front, new role at work has left me brain drained in the evening :slight_smile: , hoping to be back doing stuff shortly as I get more into it. This release fixes some python related issues, no new features…

I’ve gotten requests to buy me a coffee, I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

Can Transition block other commands?
Since beginning of this year (2023) I cannot switch_off some IKEA Tradfri bulbs anyore. I am using deCONZ add-on and HASSOS. Everything worked fine before. Now I found out that it is probably related to the transitions.

Below automation (not complete for clarity reasons) runs every 5 minutes and changes brightness and color temp with a transition of 300 seconds (5 minutes). So the lights are constantly and very smoothly changing over time. This worked very well and the transitions are invisible to me.

trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /5
action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: "{{ template that get some light ids }}"
      brightness: "{{ states('sensor.cl_brightness') | int }}"
      kelvin: "{{ states('sensor.cl_color_temp') | int }}"
      transition: "300"
initial_state: true
mode: single

The issue is that some of the bulbs that have this automation cannot be switched off anymore since early this year. The only way to switching off is powering off and on the lights and then I can control them again using HA. Also restarting HA did sometimes help. However after some time (some minutes?) it didn’t work any more.

Today I changed the transition time in this automation to a much shorter time and I was able to switched off the lamp.

Could it be that while a transition is running no other commands can be done, or is it more complex, as I have exactly 5 minutes transition time and trigger again after 5 minutes. As there is some processing time, each new transition time comes before the previous has ended, things will not work anymore?

To test that, I change the transition time to 245 seconds (4minv, 45 sec). So far things work much better. My question is now, is there some kind of queuing in HA, deCONZ, Ikea bulb, or Zigbee which was recently introduced that can cause commands to be dropped or only to be executed later? Or something else that might explain what I am encountering here?

devices via deCONZ were greyed out in HA and the integration displayed an error. The Phoscon UI is still accessible. The deCONZ application through VNC isn’t.

For anyone with the same issue: I found my solution here:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/fix-ip-autoupdate-for-deconz-with-conbee-ii/405616/5?u=in_theory

After looking into this weird behavior a bit more, I found that I cannot switch off the TRADFRI bulb E27 WS globe clear 806lm bulbs when a transition is still running, however when I change the color temperature first (without a transition time) and then switch off the bulb, it works. If I change the brightness, I still cannot switch off the bulbs. Only when changing color temp it works. So far I only have seen this with these IKEA bulbs, so it might be an IKEA issue.
So my workaround is shown in below script, adding a color temp change first.

sequence:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      kelvin: 2100
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.ikeabulb1
        - light.ikeabulb2
  - service: light.turn_off
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.ikeabulb1
        - light.ikeabulb2
    data: {}

Hi.

I’m having trouble with some custom generated ddf files. It works with Jeedom & Deconz api seems to gives correct result on the problematic device endpoint ( ZHAPower )
I get correctly the Current and Power, but the Voltage entity is not generated.

Deconz Api:

{
    "config": {
        "on": true,
        "reachable": true
    },
    "etag": "983f704e6e23a8dcd1d77ce403bc4304",
    "lastannounced": "2023-03-07T19:34:50Z",
    "lastseen": "2023-03-08T11:36Z",
    "manufacturername": "LiXee",
    "modelid": "ZLinky_TIC",
    "name": "Linky",
    "state": {
        "current": 14,
        "lastupdated": "2023-03-08T11:36:41.068",
        "power": 3066,
        "voltage": 224
    },
    "swversion": "4001-0011",
    "type": "ZHAPower",
    "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:06:38:e1:3c-01-0b04"
}

I don’t see what could be wrong here.

Edit: ok nothing is wrong. The missing properties are attributes. I wasn’t aware of those.
A bit boilerplaty to get attributes as sensor but I got it

after about 4years of perfect running my conbee ii has decided to stop working today

i done the home assistant 2023.03.6 update this morning all was good, up until 10hours later the zigbee just dropped off stopped working.

i rebooted home assistant and still same, unplugged it moved it to another usb port still the same

it starts up then says fatal error then shuts down.

ive even downgraded back to 2023.03.5 and still does the same, i also had a supervisor update today around 4pm but the deconz packed up around 1.30pm according to the doorbell sensor on home assistant

any ideas?

22:23:26:786 COM: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122275-if00 / serialno: , ConBee II
[22:23:27] INFO: Service restart after closing
[22:23:27] INFO: Starting VNC server (local/yes)...
[22:23:27] WARNING: Halt add-on
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 119#119: signal 15 (SIGTERM) received from 114, exiting
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 1664#1664: exiting
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 1664#1664: exit
In exit
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 119#119: signal 17 (SIGCHLD) received from 1664
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 119#119: worker process 1664 exited with code 0
2023/03/23 22:23:27 [notice] 119#119: exit
Closing socket listening at 127.0.0.1:5901
s6-svwait: fatal: supervisor died
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

I’m having exactly the same issue. The Deconz plugin failed today and now it won’t start. I’ve reverted to backups, used different ports, and I’m getting very similar error messages.

I’ve noticed that the Phoscon website is also down.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing it as I can’t control my lights or heating at the moment!

Same issue here. Noticed deconz had stopped, tried restarting it but it gives the same log output as above and crashes again.

Restoring from a backup didn’t work. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

There is a systems outage at Dresden Elektroniks I don’t know if that is related

Hi all,

At this moment, phoscon.de and all other Dresden elektronik web pages are down . This will be fixed somewhere tommorow. 

Due to this, you might see issues with the discovery server as well.

Kind regards,

- @Mimiix / Dennis

I have a feeling it might be related. Does the plugin require phoscon.de to be up and running? I’ve already ordered a SONOFF dongle and am planning to migrate away from Conbee, as my heating and lighting system is down to manual control at the moment.

1 Like

The integration only uses it when running the configuration flow, but I don’t know how it is used on the add-on side.

Feels like it’s unlikely to be a coincidence. Kind of a shame, the add-on is listed as “Local Push” so that feels a bit misleading if it actually relies on a web server to boot up correctly. I could be wrong though. We’ll see if it comes back by itself.

The communication between the integration and add-on is local only with a web socket for signalling

the discovery service is only a support to identify local gateways

But if it’s related to issues at Dresden Elektroniks, would’nt it have an influence on other systems as well?
I’m still on 2023.2.5 and have no issues so far

I don’t know, I just knew about the issue and wanted to mention it.

Well, Phoscon.de is back up, and hey presto, everything has started working again. I think that proves that it requires that website to be up and running.

I think I’m going to have to migrate away from Conbee if that is the case, I can’t have my heating and lighting going down if a certain website disappears.

1 Like

I run Deconz but not as Addon. I run on bare metal on a different machine

There has been no sign of anything cloud related.

The Phoscon app is actually a javascript thing that runs in the browser. It can be loaded from the local installation OR it can be loaded from phoscon.de (Dresden Elektronik). The latter means you may run the latest but naturally that cannot be reached when the website is down

Phoscon JS app has nothing to do with Deconz running and HA connecting to it. All that is 100% local. And unless the HA Addon version of Deconz is made in a mad way - the Phoscon app should be loaded from the addon and not from Dresden.

I think you guys are jumping very quickly to a wrong conclusion. It is probably either a coincidence. Or some of you have bookmarked the cloud version of Phoscon in your browser

There was a Supervisor update pushed out yesterday. I think it is more related to that killing the addon

1 Like