deCONZ - Official thread

@Robban is there any way that I can use beta on home assistant on rpi, I use deconz as add-on not in docker. I enableb beta in supervisor, but I still have only stable version.
Thank you

Not that I’m aware of. Sorry

For example, there would be the Aqara E1 to support (for those who use deconz in supervisor)

I added a zigbee fan controller (model TS0501) to deconz though phoscon as a “light” and the light and fan speed controls work in deconz.

However, only one switch entity for the light shows up in home assistant, anything else to configure for a fan? so it can be controlled without going into deconz.

I didn´t really do anything special. Running 6.10.0.

I tried to add the Wiser motion sensor via Phoscon. It never really gave me a “succesful” message in Phoscon and I nevet got it to show in Phoscon. But after a restart it was available as a sensor in HA and has been working flawlessly ever since :slight_smile:

If the fan is exposed over the rest api it should be supported (or is something I don’t support yet). Enable debug logging for the integration and see what it exposes in terms of zhatype = Fan

See logs below, nothing in the debug log with type = fan

Setup

'manufacturername': '_TZ3210_lzqq3u4r',
'modelid': 'TS0501',
'name': 'On/Off light 18',
'state': {'alert': 'none',
'on': False,
'reachable': True,
'speed': 0},
'swversion': None,
'type': 'On/Off light',

Debug Log switching fan speed

2021-11-11 19:28:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":false,"reachable":true,"speed":2},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}
2021-11-11 19:28:29 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":false,"reachable":true,"speed":3},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}
2021-11-11 19:28:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":false,"reachable":true,"speed":1},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}
2021-11-11 19:28:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":false,"reachable":true,"speed":0},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}

Debug Log switching light

2021-11-11 19:28:52 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":true,"reachable":true,"speed":0},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}
2021-11-11 19:28:54 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] {"e":"changed","id":"18","r":"lights","state":{"alert":null,"on":false,"reachable":true,"speed":0},"t":"event","uniqueid":"bc:33:ac:ff:fe:0b:2d:93-01"}

Deconz log

ZCL attribute report 0xBC33ACFFFE0B2D93 for cluster: 0x0202, ep: 0x01, frame control: 0x18, mfcode: 0x0000 

It’s probably a bug since it should identify as a fan type’: ‘On/Off light’

@Robban do you think next stable will be in next couple of days or weeks? I have few hue dimers v2 which can be detected in current version, but not able to use them. Many thanks.

I would say weeks

@Filip_Kotian I sense you have not really understood who is who and what is what

Deconz in Home Assistant consists of 3 pieces

The German company Dresden Elektronik who also manufacturer the Conbee sticks release the Deconz software. Part and only part of this is open source and the developers of this make their work not for Home Assistant but also for other solutions. They have their release cycles and are currently in progress with a larger rewrite which should end up making it easier to add code for new devices.
You find this project at GitHub - dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin: deCONZ REST-API plugin to control ZigBee devices.
Deconz itself can be installed on a Windows host or Linux host. Dresden Elektronik maintains a Raspberry Pi image as well as a Debian/Ubuntu repo… And from here you can choose to use the stable release or the beta branch. And there is a but well maintained Docker version.

Then you have the Home Assistant Deconz integration where the main dev is Robban. This is Python based code that communicates with a Deconz installation. The Deconz that the Integration connects to can run on the same computer as Home Assistant or on a different computer. It is up to you

And finally there is the Deconz addon for Home Assistant. This is a Home Assistant project member that maintains this. This is a Docker image that gets started and run by the Supervisor. We have seen this addon use both stable and beta versions of Deconz depending on the stability.

If you want to not be dependent on when which version of Deconz gets made available in the addon, then simply move your Deconz to a separate machine and install the beta on that. It is easy to move. Just backup the Deconz data in the Phoscon app. Install Deconz on the new machine, and restore the backup on the new machine. And in Home Assistant you remove the addon and remove the integration and add it again pointing to the new server.

The advice someone gave on turning on beta in Home Assistant was wrong. That does not change the Deconz software to beta

3 Likes

Thank you very much for these information. What I would like to achieve is to have home assistant os and deconz installation on rpi4. Mosty I would like to setup rules in phoscon and manage my lights there (I have conbee II)

So I hope I understood everything, there might be a way to add through supervisor also beta version? I need it cause I have some philips hue dimers v2, which are supported only in beta now.

Thank you.

Hi,
Does deCONZ frequently ping the network to check if devices are availible?

Example:
I have three light bulbs that all show up fine with correct state, but suddenly does my wife power them off (Main power). Will deCONZ capture that and change state to off after a little room of time?

If the power is cut to a mains-powered zigbee device, such as a light bulb, you will usually see the entity marked as “unavailable” in home assistant. The speed at which it changes to Unavailable depends on the design of that device and how often deconz checks to see if that device is still available.

Battery zigbee devices can take quite a while to appear as unavailable as they don’t usually report in to deconz very often, in order to extend battery life.

I have some home assistant automations that alert me if a device changes to Unavailable. Its a handy way to know if someone has used one of the old light switches around the house, or if a device has been physically plugged out.

Does anyone know how to explain how to update a Conbee II USB stick (using a PC) in instructions a dummy can understand? I use deCONZ with my HA Pi, but it stopped working.

I found the instructions here.
But I immediately dont understand the instructions. I dont know what the GCFFlasher is or how to “rename the filename accordingly” etc.

I will paypal anyone $5 if they can translate this into steps I can follow.

Ive been trying to fix my deCONZ situation for about a year off and on, spending many hours not getting anywhere. From what Ive read, this firmware update is my best bet.

I made a post on this with more details but I wasnt able to get an answer

Aren’t the steps here Update in Windows quite easy to follow?

they probably are for people deep enough into this stuff to know what they are referring to.
I’m not familiar with these files or what they should be renamed to or what the Flasher is etc.

I’m just someone who uses a basic home assistant setup and had deCONZ working perfectly fine until it stopped working.

On you windows PC

Download the GCCFlasher http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/win/GCFFlasher_Win_V3_17.zip
Get the ftd2xx.dll file from the 32bit VCP DDrivers and place it together with the downloaded GCCFLASHER

Download the ConBee II firmware http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF

Using a Powershell window (as an Administrator) go to the folder where you downloaded the GCCFLASHER
Plug in the ConBee II into the computer
List all available devices and their COM ports GCFFlasher -l

Replace <PATH> with what path was printed from GCFFlasher -l (step 7 in Windows guide)
GCFFlasher -d -t 60 -f ../firmware/deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF

According to the guide this should work

Note! I just rewrote the notes from the windows guide to smaller steps, hope this helps. I don’t use Windows so and didn’t write the guide so if something is missing I can’t help.

1 Like

Thanks so much ! I should be able to try this out tomorrow

Tried to make a firmware update on one of my device. Dont know what i did. But it ended up like this

The devices seems to be online in homeassistant, but do not change state.
Had the conbee 2 connected to a windows pc with deconz. Put it back into the raspberry and now all the links are gone.

Need help!