deCONZ - Official thread

I was stuck on 6.11.0 and receiving errors when I tried to update. Disabling deCONZ and then restarting HA seemed to fix the problem and allowed me to successfully install the update to 6.11.1.
After updating, I had to restart HA, close my browser and then open HA again to get the deCONZ web application running successfully.
My temperature sensors and heat switch worked correctly after updating, but my Xiaomi motion sensors were not reporting and needed to be manually bumped to get them going.

That solved the issue, thank you!

Hi again! i am struggeling with adding the deconz intergration. i can choose it from the dropdown list but then i get an “Unknown error occurred”.
I have no idea whats wrong.
Gateway seems to be connected with latest FW 26720700.

Yesterday I rollback 6.11.0. Today , everything fine for me on deconz 6.11.1.

Do you have the deconz plugin started in 6.11.1 ?
Integration is “only” for retrieve data from that deconz plugin

Yes 6.11.1. i need the integration to get entities as far as i understand

Indeed but check what you discover in deconz / phoscon - GW.
In phoscon, you can see the firmware of your gateway.

Within the phoscon app i see my connected bulb. Also when i switch the light off and on, i can see the state of it there. The FW of the phoscon GW is up to date (26720700)

Ok, deconz plugin is running fine. Then let’s concentrate on integration.
Integration was already running one time or never ?
Do you have other integration like ZHA, zigbee2mqtt because I think only one can be running ?

no other integration is running. i had zigbee home automation 1 time for testing active, but uninstalled it. I thought it should be easier with deconz integration

Maybe it is usefull to know that i am using a VM inside a Synology NAS. The VM (HA) has the IP 192.168.69.155 but the phoscongateway is showing the IP 172.30.33.2 which one is also available to select when adding the descon integration.

That’s the way to add integration by selecting the IP 172.* into deconz integration.
From 192.168 , the ip 172 need to be available. That’s something that may need to check.
you can also access the page via port 172.30.33.2:40850 (but need to active this in deconz plugin to have the passtrough + check REST API).
in conclusion, try to access from your VM 192.* this http://172.30.33.2:40850 (check in deconz app the REST API plugin , you will found some information on IP,port etc as well )

The VM 192* is on the same Network as all other devices, so there is no difference to my pc. But i am not sure how to activate it in config. Just see 40850/tcp Host is empty. What to enter here? The name of the Phoscon-GW? That doesnt work…
Rest API tells me this. Just what you sayed.
Screenshot 2021-12-21 163233

Uhh, that 172 network is from the docker network from HA… Don’t think you can access it from the local lan 192 network, you can only reach it from the docker network

nah it is no docker. but i got it working by accident. i had to go to settings in phoscon app and allow connecting apps.

1 Like

In deconz plugin configuration tab,
deCONZ API backend (Not required for Ingress)
deCONZ WebSocket (Not required for Ingress)

Add port if it’s not present and restart. And try

Thanks for your help! I got it working by accident. i had to go to settings in phoscon app and allow connecting apps.
Then the integration has been added

After latest update 6.11.1 everything is working, however link quality seems to be worse than before between network components, especially between routers.

E.g between gateway and a sensor in approx. 15 m distance VNC shows strong green line, but gateway and a router that is closer to the gateway the signal line is not that strong at all. In general all connections between routers seem to be weaker than signals between routers and sensors, even the distances are in favour of better connection. E.g. in one room routers only few meters apart the connection line is yellow/ brown.

Routers are mainly wall plugs and only one light.

Only the display of the LQI has been changed, your network is the same as before.
Info from manup:
v2.12.6 (LQI A + LQI B) / 2
v2.13.x Minimum of LQI A and LQI B

So the weak side of a connection determines the color.

When you restart, it can take a very long time to get back a “stable” network.
I saw one smoke sensor not reconnecting but that nothing to do with the update as firmware don’t change.

mine routers (ikea plugs) all green before, now all yellow
is that normal?