deCONZ - Official thread

I’m not focusing on anything.
But fact of the matter is that all was fine before the update. And after the update is not.
:sob:

I know, but if your discussing troubleshooting its good to know what is outside of the scope

Hello all!

As I’ve stated before I keep an updated release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

For the beta release coming today I wanted to share what’s changed since last release.

Released with Home Assistant 2022.2.0

Take care and I hope your issues gets resolved.

4 Likes

great job as always!!

1 Like

Hi,

I am using Deconz/Phoscon in HA:

Version is up to date, but firmware 26660700 (released in 2020/12). Why does it not show that there is an update for ConbeeII (26700700)?

It should update at the very least when a restart of core has occurred.

Upgraded / restarted everything (Core, Supervisor, HA).

not helped.

Aah wait, you’re talking about stuff showing up on deCONZ side? Not in a entity in Home Assistant? Can’t help with stuff on deCONZ side.

I asked about this:

Here should be a notification for newer FW version for Conbee II. Now it can’t find an update.

To update the Firmware take a look here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Update-deCONZ-manually#update-in-windows

Or follow this tutorial: How to update ConBee/ConBee II firmware in Windows 10 - Flemming's Blog

Thank you, I’ll update manually then. Why I want to update? I hope connection will be better for devices like temp sensor Xiaomi WSDCGQ11LM. It works so unreliable. Some of them reconnects fine after restart, some of them not. Clicking the button on it → connects instantly. I don’t want to run around the house after a simple restart to reconnect them.

I think you’re actually experiencing this problem, my Xiaomi sensors were all fine after following these instructions: Xiaomi: Lost devices or functional issues - dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki (github-wiki-see.page)

TBH, I don’t understand why that page is not made more prominent, Xiaomi sensors are the most readily available on the market (alongside IKEA) and this is a BIG problem that they have with a very easy fix.

1 Like

Yes, I checked that site many times yesterday, but it is confusing.

He only missed some Node descriptors, which appeared after pairing.

Here are my sensors:

For example I have 2 Xiaomi Aquara temp sensor from which one is reconnecting correctly, but not the second one. When I check Node descriptors the only difference is the ID.

Thank you for this. I frequently have Xiaomi devices drop off following restarts.

Do you know if existing devices need to be deleted and re-paired, or can these instructions just be followed from Step 5 onwards for already-paired devices?

I think yeah, you can just continue from Step 5, just check the difference between before/after on one, if it looks like in the screenshots, you’re good to go :slight_smile:

Are there any way to see the signal strength of connected devices? I have an Aqara temp sensor that constantly pops out.

Will give it a go, thank you.

May I ask how a properly connected WSDCQ11LM should look like?

Here is my result:

1. I added the sensor, I immediately started to see incoming data. I also did the Xiaomi trick for lost device. After a hour green battery and name is showed up too

Node info:

1. Old sensor which is not re-connecting automatically.

Has much more data (18 vs 32) even when most of them are 0 or empty. Weird.

Node info:

In both cases Power descriptor is empty, I think it should be filled as I saw on this screenshot.

When I am doing the Xiaomi trick for lost device, after data receiving (blue dots) I see red dots, is this normal?

Video

Mine looks like this: