deCONZ - Official thread

Home assistant uses its own silly version numbers for the addons. Totally confusing. And Dresden Elektronik that makes Deconz always forget to update the version in their software. Especially with betas. The 2.27.2 beta says 2.26.3 in the Phoscon web interface.

Mine says 2.27.2. in the deConz VNC Interface.

is there a way to trigger an update manually?

Updates can only be done manually. How to do it depends on your installation method.

I just installed HomeAssistant OS on an SD card (with the Raspberry Pi Imager) and then started the RPi4 with the SD card, opened the Home Assistant web interface and added deCONZ under Add-ons.
After the installation I activated the 4 points in the add-on (start on boot, watchdog, automatic updates, show in sidebar).

When you run deconz as a HA addon you are at the mercy of the HA devs to build a new docker build a d release it. It can take weeks or months. Especially if it is a beta version with known problems which is fair enough.

I personally run deconz on a debian machine separate from HA installed with apt. Then I decide when and if I upgrade.

so, can we update then manualy, if we use the HA Adon for now?
or will it role back if we plug in the stick after the Update

HA addons are managed by the Supervisor and you can only upgrade to a version that the maintainer of the Addon has decided to release. If you do not see a notification that an update is available then you cannot upgrade. The software you upgrade is not the firmware on the stick. To upgrade the stick you normally need to bring it to another computer and then back again.

I am a little bit confused :man_shrugging: :sweat_smile:
Viking do you run Home Assistant OS on a Raspberry Pi?
Or do you use different hardware?

I use a Home Assistant Blue with a Conbee II.
This morning I updated the stick manually using the instructions from the add-on. Unfortunately, only the firmware was updated. The gateway version remained the same.
At least I was able to fix a bug that I had for some time, which meant I couldn’t add IKEA buttons.
I would be happy if we could also update the gateway without Frenck having to adapt the add-on.

I run HA Core in a Docker container on a Linux server…
DeConz also runs in a docker container but on a different server.
My ConBee II is connected to a USB port on the same server where deCons runs.

Hi. I seem to have a problem with Conbee II after restoring a Home Assistant backup.

My system is Raspberry Pi 4B with Conbee II attached (with a long extension cord) to USB2 port. This same setup has been working for 2.5+ years. I’m running f.ex. latest Home Assistant (2024.6.4), deCONZ add-on (6.23.0).

After the full restore, all my Zigbee devices (30+ Plugs, Switches and Sensors from various vendors) are not responding at all. I can still see them in Phoscon, but they’re greyed out.

Attached is the screen capture from Phoscon’s Gateway view. I tried to reboot host and also restart gateway - no change in the situation.

From previous messages in this thread I got the impression that Conbee II stick maybe needs to be (re-)flashed with latest firmware. However, I cannot find compiled MacOS version of of the GCFFlasher 4. Does it exist somewhere?

Any other suggestions on how to correct this situation are warmly welcome…

Managed to get access to a PC and flashed latest firmaware to Conbee II stick. Need to check tomorrow if that works. BUT, is the latest firmware really this, from year 2022?

deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF 15-May-2022 23:40 163244

I found it from here. If so, could flashing solve the “Not connected” problem I have?

I personally think that it is more likely the add-on does not properly see the stick. Double check add-on configuration and make sure the right device is selected. It is recommended to use “/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_XXXXXXXX-if00” and not /dev/ttyUSB0 or similar as it might change over time due to many reasons.

@jnc Yes, the device’s address in my settings looks just like what you describe. And Conbee II stick with deCONZ add-on/integration started to work after the firmware installation I mentioned earlier. It required a host reboot.

However, this morning (most likely after another host reboot, due to storm & temporary power outage), my Home Assistant instance was up’n’running just fine – except for the Zigbee devices, which were not working. Pretty frustrating.

Should I try the ZHA instead of deCONZ with this Conbee II stick - would it be more robust?

Personally I’d stay away from ZHA, consider running deConz outside of HA on some Raspberry or a separate container.
What you describe here looks like either wrong mapping of the USB port, hardware issues with the port itself or a bad cable (if configuration is really OK).
Alternatively, if you want to try a different integration, go for Z2M, however as your issues are more related to your hardware changing integration will most likely not help.

@jnc Thank you for many improvement proposals.

Just out of curiosity, why would you stay away from ZHA?

I think ZHA is more for beginners or smaller networks. It heavily relies on HA and it’s troubleshooting options are limited.
Z2M and deConz are more independent solutions that can both be installed separately without HA and can work even if HA has problems.

2 Likes

Hello all!

Here comes another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

Mostly this release is about tidying up and improve the integration code and tests in preparation for a future refactoring. One could say it was my summer therapy :). So Im mostly doing this log to show that Im still supporting deCONZ integration even though its been low on development activity in form of new features.

HASS 2024.6

HASS 2024.7

HASS 2024.8

New pydeconz release available.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

6 Likes

Thanks for your work.

1 Like