deCONZ - Official thread

Thank you for using it

Whooow, thank you sooo much @Robban
Do you have a hint when it’ll be released? … so that I can update immediately :slight_smile:

All new functionality is out with 2024.8 release

Future improvements are only in my head so far

Great! Than I’m already using it :rofl: There was no release change, right? I’m on current version: 6.23.0
Thank you very much for your work and keeping Phoscon/Deconz support here. Appreciate it. :heart_eyes:

The integration changes are typically independent of the deConz release except when breaking changes have been introduced

1 Like

Just got hit by strange issue with Ikea Tredanse blinds. I purchsed them back in May and they were working almost flawlesly; I lost connection to deconz once, ~2 month ago, after resetting and re-pairing everything worked fine again. Today morning I got hit by the same problem again, blinds stopped to respond. This time it was different though, because I can see them connected in Phoscon UI, though they are not responding to any move of slider and report wrong position. So following previous case I deleted them, factory reset and added again to deconz. Still the same issue; I can pair them, but they instantly show that are 50% closed (not true) and do not respond to any slider move. Obviously nothing in HA. All the software at most up to date versions (HA core 2024.8.2, HAOS 13.1, Deconz 2.25.3, Conbee II FW 26780700). It was working fine untill today (probably, I noticed it today) on the same versions. Any idea how to troubleshoot/fix?

I suggest you bring this to the attention of the deconz devs as they need to look at the zigbee traffic

OK, got it resolved. I noticed, that while it is not possible to control the blinds neither from Phoscon or HA and their status is reported incorrectly in Phoscon and are unavailable in HA, they are visible and connected in deconz. Also I noticed that there is firmware update available and I was able to perform it directly in deconz. After update blinds become available in phoscon too and after restart of deconz add-on, also become available again in HA. So looks like soemthing changed (and did not noticed when) that DDF file was updated for this device (?) and it did not played well with olde FW version? Would be a bit strange, as problem was very fresh for me, but as I recall some changes to deconz were made almost a month ago with core 2024.8… Anyhow I can hide from sun again :slight_smile:

1 Like

OKay, nice work! I am also in HA on 6.23.0, and since then, several devices had been added. so when can I read a "bumped to deconz … " ? is there any planning for it?

You can track the ongoing conversation here Upgrade deConz to v2.28.1 by jannickfahlbusch · Pull Request #3708 · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

adon v. 7.00 dont work in my system (HA Blue+conbee2). Aqara sensor dont report when closed. Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1, dont report open/close status. HA seems unstabil whit this version. I rolled back to 6.2.3. and my system works again.

Maybe related?

1 Like

7.0.0 seems to be breaking my hue dimmer switch blueprint. Alexander Lyse created.

The first 3 attempts to install and rollback lost 3 hue bulbs and the last one lost the switches.

Does anyone have the same issue at all?

Questions to all users already upgraded to deCONZ v2.28.1 (running the HA deCONZ addon version 7.0.0):

1. Window manager issues in deCONZ (VNC GUI)
    In case you also have issues using deCONZ (new window manager), please turn to
  1. New “Phoscon All Off” device
    Did you also discover the new “light.phoscon_all_off” entity for the new “Phoscon_All_Off” device?

I discovered it is a deconz group…

…and yes, according to the Phoscon app, this is some kind of new “default group”:
    grafik

I never heard about that and I read all release notes from 2.25.3 (addon version 6.23.0) to latest 2.28.1 (addon version 7.0.0) twice.

• First I don’t like getting a default group which automatically contains all of my lights (which was the case here).
  • Second, as HA users I think this adds little to no value, as we are usually not using the Phoscon app and press the power button on the top left. And we have other options in HA to turn off all lights.

Just a notice, as this entity showed up on various places due to my usage of auto-entities card in the UI for the lights domain and it was very irritating (and no, I never used deconz groups so far).

Hi! I have to disagree on this - for example (since I am running deconz outside of HA) I am using groups heavily - reason is I have my switches linked in deconz to groups there directly so I can still turn on or off my lights even if there is a problem in HA (very important) and I only make it smart in HA using automations.

Yes, for your use-case (HA independence) and setup (running deCONZ separately, not on the HA host) it makes sense.

My point (as a deCONZ HA addon user not using deCONZ groups ata ll) is:
it would be good if one would be made aware of that default group provided now (in Phoscon/deCONZ itself and therefore provided with the deCONZ integration).

As mentioned I read the addon release notes, the deCONZ-rest-plugin release notes, the deCONZ HA integration release notes, … nothing. Putting all your lights in a default group distributed up to HA is a bit… intrusive.

Solved for me by disabling the device in HA and clearing the default groups content in Phoscon app. Not sure if newly added lights will be automatically added to that group, but as it is not available anymore in HA I guess I don’t care.

1 Like

No matter if you run deconz or any other zigbee platform, you should always create native zigbee groups and control these instead of making groups of lights in HA.

If you mix zigbee and other lights and switches you can create a HA group which contains the non-zigbee lights and the zigbee group.

The reason you want to do this is that if you send messages to multiple lights at the same time, the zigbee channel gets flooded and often saturated. You see it as lights not turning on at the same time or lights that are missed.

By using groups, zigbee2mqtt, zha, or deconz sends ONE group message to the group which all the lights react to. That is much more safe and reliable.

3 Likes

And by the way. I run 2.28.1 (bare metal) and there are no new groups with all lights. Are you sure you did not create that yourself when you added a switch and just never noticed or forgot about it? I cannot see how the HA integration or the Addon work would add such a group. If there is an item you do not want in HA just open the integration in HA and disable the entity.

Yes, in case you have several lights you want to control at the same time (2 lights in one room), put them in a deCONZ group. That’s the best practise - even I don’t need that and never had issues with not using it that way. If light B turns of 100 ms later than light A, life goes on :slight_smile: So it all depends on the individual setups and use-cases.

As you can see in the deCONZ - Official thread - #3668 by e-raser post (screenshots 3 and 4), that is a new DEFAULT group added natively in Phoscon, not a user defined one.

This question alone proves I’m not the only one not being aware of this newly offered default phoscon group. Guess not many know or even read about it.

I’m on 7.0.0 and still is not possible to use Phoscon app from Google Store. Such Conbee device has been found, but there is not possible to login into it.
SOLUTION: find port in deConz addon, usually 40850 and use it in app with ip address of HA.