deCONZ - Official thread

It looks like it gets created when you click on the triple dot - list the lights - and submit.

And it does not get listed as a group in Phoscon.

In HA it gets picked up as a light group. And I just disabled it also. Then it is invisible again in HA. Seems to be a new feature in Phoscon app that you can turn off a group of lights in the UI. Since you only need to disable it once in your life in HA I would not be too worried

Wrong. It was automatically created. I only spotted the source of it by checking out the Phoscon web app.

Not in the group section (we know and are used to) for years. But technically, it’s the same - just not in the UI.

:+1: That’s what I did too. Interestingly, according to the Phoscon UI you can also bind power switches there. Probably another switch group will be created then in HA. But - I don’t really care. I just would have known this before. Reading all available release notes of 6 months twice and still getting surprised by new “features” - funny :slight_smile:

To anyone that wonders about groups in Deconz

When you pair a new switch an empty group is created with the switch associated with no lights. I personally never used these.

You can manually add a group, add lights (and plugs), and assign a switch, and you can also do some programming of buttons if Deconz knows the switch.

The advantage of this is that HA can be down and the lights still work.

The disadvantage is that same switch in HA is more difficult to assign multiple values to. I actually need to try that!! Personally I only have lights in my groups and no switches.

The huge advantage I have seen is that even when a light appear to be disconnected from deconz (grayed out), it often still reacts to the group messages, so noone notice that the light is in limbo until you look at HA or try to turn the light on and off as a single light. That is a huge home approval factor as 95% of all turnings lights on and off is either automatic or by a switch that controls an entire room. If you only have two lights in a group, it may not be worth it. But in a normal living room with 4-10 lights or worse a celing with many individual spots, you really have an advantage of almost always seeing all lights turn on and off even if one is marked as unavailable. It is the light itself that knows it is in a group and reacts to the group messages.

2 Likes

Hello all!

Here comes another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

This release brings one tiny extension and that is to be able to select fan mode of Air Purifiers like the Ikea Starkvind.

Here are the changes coming with Home Assistant 2024.9.0.

No new pydeconz release this time.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

Could anybody explain me, how to use DDF?
I have been found file on site Deconz Toolbox with the same manufacturer and model and this file I’ve tried to upload. Looks that file has been uploaded with success. But what to do now?
I’ve been tried delete device in VNC and add it again but still no difference and no new device in Phoscon.
Thanks for your help.

I’ve attempted again and my blueprint no longer works on 7.0.0

Does anyone else use this blueprint or have any suggestions as to why it doesn’t work on this release?

Blueprints have nothing to do with addons

Thank you.

Just curious as to why the update breaks the blueprint or breaks the dimmer switches

Are the devices unavailable after the upgrade? Hard to guess other reasons

Yeah just the switches
I tried doing it right at bedtime to give it enough time and when I woke the switches don’t respond.

All the Hue bulbs respond from the dashboard all other devices are there just the Hue switches don’t respond to button presses.

Looking online it seems nobody else is having this issue

So I’ve no idea what changed
I have done several reboots
Restoration of back ups and this morning disconnected my ConbeeII stick upon reboot I decided to try the update again and it’s finally worked.

Have you tried running the pairing process without removing the devices?

No.

But I will.

The weird thing is, after saying it went to plan, the devices vanished again after around a couple of hours.

Still not working for me. I use

• not discovered? → “manual enter” (the whole translation is quite adventerous)
  • IP: HA-IP. Port: as configured in deCONZ addon of HA (40850 as default). Hit “search”.
  • login: it shows another IP address of 172.xxx.xxx.xxx range, which seems to be the HA internal IP address. Anyway, login attempts fail with “login attempt failed”

The whole app also is not very responsive (hitting buttons does nothing very often).
That way the iOS app is currently completely unusable (for me) unfortunately.

Edit: after the fifth attempt the HA IP was finally used and shown for the ConBee 2 device, login possible. Wow, that app is buggy and laggy as hell. But getting off-topic here.

1 Like

So this is the error the blueprint is giving me

Error: UndefinedError: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘event’

That doesnt mean anything to me

An imported blueprint on Deconz 7 breaks.

It works on the last Deconz 6 that was released.

This is the traces to show what is happening

I also tried another blueprint available and got the same resulting error message.

What is strange, is that the switches appear after the install of the update 7.0.0, then they vanish.

They’re showing in phoscon, but not responding to this or another blueprint.

hmm, wanted to check a new sensor i added, but i see that all my lines in the mesh are gone? how to enable it again? i saw all green lines before

I think this is a bug that appears only if you use a VNC viewer. I have the same bug. What I do is just to grab a node and move it around a bit on the screen. At least that made my screen update and the connection lines reappeared again.