deCONZ - Official thread

hello, some devices have lights, switches and sensors connected in deconz.
everything works fine from the function, but ALL XIAOMI sensors have no proper status in the firmware and battery.
have 6 Xiaomi window doors sensors and all display the same values.
am I doing something wrong?
loud chancelog should be fixed in this firmware, the battery bug?

Conbee Gateway:

Xiaomi Sensor, all the same values:

unlike a Tradfri sensor: (it´s OK)

synonymous have a Xiaomi motion sensor but also the same wrong value in battery.:

Am I doing something wrong while connecting or otherwise?

regards johann

all sensors are already in use for weeks, so it is very unlikely that all should still have exactly 100% battery …

Same here with my xiaomi, they all report 100 for battery :wink:

:thinking: And just from Xiaomi I have the most Sensors :angry:

Well, I have been told, that if sensors are more then like 8 months old, then you see battery level dropping, not in beginning

1 Like

Hey guys,

I’ve been using Deconz with Marthoc’s hass.io addon for a couple of months without a problem. I just now tried to move to the official integration, but I’ve been unable to do so, as the integration shows no connected devices even if there are devices configured in phoscon. The stick shows as Deconz-0000000000000000.

What might cause this issue? I had it working before.

have you changed the ports? read my reply here, and few posts above how i converted to offcial deconz

Hi, I’m just trying to migrate my good old deconz addon (marthoc’s one) to the new official addon, the only difference is that now I have the deconz in the same machine that main home-assistant (IP has changed).
I also get the error “Invalid key for deCONZ at 172.30.32.1”
deconz is working fine, it seems the integration does not know how to connect to deconz.

Did you @cdrom1028 or @Robban manage to solve this without having to re-pair all the devices (i have twenty or more devices paired …) ? Have tried twice removing the integration, then uninstalling the addon, rebooting, reinstalling the addon, restoring the configuration, adding the discovered integration, and same results: “This integration has no devices”

I also had some issues when migrating, but these where solved by doing the following

• use the same ports as in the Marthoc addon
  • don’t use the discovered integration, but get the normal Deconz integration by pressing the + symbol in the integration page. After that the devices were found.
1 Like

I did that recently.
The steps were:

• Create Backup in phoscon
  • install the new one
  • stop the Old one
  • change the Ports of the new one
  • Start the new one
  • Open phoscon
  • load the Backup
  • restart Hass.io

That was it for me

1 Like

Thank you! I used port 8080 again, and manually adding the integration all devices have been discovered.

The only difference has been with the port, reverting to the original 8080 did the trick. Thanks for answering!

I have discovered a problem with the official deCONZ-integration when using a motion sensor and the corresponding light level to turn on/off lights:
I use a Hue Motion Sensor to discover motion and switch on the light in this room with an automation, only when light level is below 3 lux (as condition). A second automation turns the light off, when the sensors changes it’s state to off. I set the duration of the motion sensor in deCONZ to 120 seconds. This works reliable, but only untill the light turns off the first time.

The reason seems to be, that in the case that the motion sensor detects a new motion after the light turned to off, the value of the light level doesn’t update fast enough in HASS. It seems to update, when the motion sensors detects a new motion, but then the automation has already run with the old light level value (when light was on) and the condition is not true, so the light doesn’t turn on, even if the room is in full darkness in this moment. Without a new motion the value of the light level updates only after a longer time period.

Is there a way to update the value of light level fast enough to use it in Automation?

It’s as fast as it can be. Enable debug for deconz to see all messages and timing

I had a similar problem with Xiaomi motion sensors. (By the way, this isn’t a problem with the deCONZ integration, but rather the way the lux sensor in the motion sensor is designed)

I worked around the problem by creating a new automation to turn on the light a second time while the light level in the motion sensor has not yet updated. Here are the triggers, conditions, and actions I used:

Trigger:
If motion detected
Condition:
Current timestamp - timestamp of last time that light was turned on < update period of light sensor
Action:
Turn on light

As you can see, this automation ignores the lux value because the logic is that if it was dark enough to turn on the light last time, then it is probably dark enough to turn it on again, regardless of the light sensor value.
The assumption is that the light sensor updates in a few minutes.

@Fury1SOG This sounds good. As i am a noob in HASS automation, could you please give me your automation code. I’m sure i can replace the enities, however i still learn the syntax of autmations!

Here it is. In my case, the light sensor in the Xiaomi motion sensor needs about 150 seconds to update, so this automation activates if the light was previously turned on less than 150 seconds ago:

- id: '1700000000002'
  alias: Turn ON 1F-S light if motion detected (again)
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: 'binary_sensor.1f_s_xiaomi_motion_sensor'
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: "{{ as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.light['1f_s_light'].last_changed) < 150 }}"
  action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: 'light.1f_s_light'
3 Likes

Great! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, was somebody able to set default power on state of hue bulbs to “previous”? If i try it via the deconz GUI, it says the write failed. The bulb has the correct firmware, the power on behavior was configurable in the HUE hub.

This ticket suggests it should be possible, but I have no idea on how to get it working …

Right now the light turns on at full brightness after a power cut.

That is not yet supported by deconz

Mmmz, but apparently it is possible to make it work via another way (at least that is what the ticket suggests) ? Maybe via the REST api ?