deCONZ - Official thread

Unavailable where? That is key information.

Are they available and active in the Phoscon app? Then the issue is that the Home Assistant integration has not pulled them in. I assume the backup you restored is a Phoscon backup file restored back in the Phoscon app.

If it is in Home Assistant the items are not available then the question again is where?

Is it your old Lovelace cards that show them gray? Or are they not available when you look at the device list in the deCONZ integration? Or worse, they are all there duplicated with the old ones broken and new ones working with entities called …_2
In that case remove the Integration (not the addon) and add it again. These deletes all deCONZ devices and entities both old and new. It may be a good idea to restart Home Assistant between the removal and readding the integration.

Read the new Guide I posted yesterday.

1 Like

In Phoscon i have 1 entity i dont use anymore, its an Ikea USB range expander…
if i delete it, its gone, but if i browse then to another page, like sensor/light/switch, i always receive “bad gateway” …
then i need to restart the add-on … afterwards the usb range expander is back , but no bad gateway anymore then …

also the USB expander is not visible if i open the VNC…
i am just unable to delete it…

any tips?

EDIT: nm , seems the extra “light” in phoscon webapp, is the actual conbee usb stick … it was not the range expander… strange, the conbee stick was never there before , now it seems possible to rename it

I experienced some ikea strangeness last weekend. Bought a tradfri motion sensor and an E27 smart bulb… to be used about the house but not together as is usual with ikea kit. Tried for over 30 mins to pair the motion sensor, googled it tried all different ways but nothing. Anyway, I took a break from the motion sensor and attempted to pair the bulb… deconz picked it straight up and it worked great. Then I went back and tried pairing the motion sensor… worked first time, paired and worked as expected… strange.

Same here, its just appeared in the past week or so.

Seems it’s a Known issue, fixed in .75 just released

i am running now 2.05.75 , there is a new firmware out, but how to update? (conbee 1 )
in info page, there is this text below, but in phoscon, i dont see the “upgrade butto”?
i see there “firmware up to date”" …

New firmware version 0x26350500 for RaspBee I and ConBee I to improve route maintenance [#1261](https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1261) [deCONZ_Rpi_0x26350500.bin.GCF](http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_Rpi_0x26350500.bin.GCF)

## Upgrading RaspBee and ConBee firmware

This add-on allows you to upgrade your firmware straight from the Phoscon
web interface with ease.

Go to "Settings -> Gateway" and click the upgrade button.

However, some USB sticks (like the Aeotec Z-Wave sticks), can interfere with
the upgrade process, causing the firmware upgrade to fail silently. If you end
up with the same firmware version as before you started the upgrade, consider
unplugging the other sticks and try again.

18:38:14:689 GW update firmware found: /usr/share/deCONZ/firmware/deCONZ_Rpi_0x26330500.bin.GCF
18:38:14:689 GW firmware version: 0x26330500
18:38:14:689 GW firmware version is up to date: 0x26330500

which is a wrong one. But thanks anyway

hi @KennethLavrsen,

Can you share your Wireguard configuration file?

To check with mine?

server:
  host: xxxxxx.duckdns.org
  addresses:
    - 192.168.xxx.xxx
  dns: []
peers:
  - name: hassio
    addresses:
    allowed_ips: []
    client_allowed_ips: []

I did update for the last version im using docker in a ubuntu server nuc and aving this issue what can I do to fix it!

How do I force a device to connect directly to the coordinator, as opposed to going through a router in between? I do have a strong signal between an eurotronic spirit zigbee TRV and the conbee 2 stick yet the radiator valve seems to prefer a connection via one of few zigbee lights. This ultimately leads to losing connectivity and getting unresponsive. Is there a way to force direct routing to the coordinator?

I have a similar problem.

You shut off those lights and then re pair the valves

So you’re saying that if I re-pair the route will stick? Because so far, I just power the lights down, the eurotronic connects directly to the Conbee, but as soon as I power back up the lights it will re-route via one of them…

Mmmh well I did not do extensive testing on my setup, I thought once it register with a node it sticks to it.

But in my case was another router (a plug) not the Conbee. The Conbee (or any router) may have a limit on how many direct connection can handle (??)

Maybe you can test using another router (a plug, another light)?

Is this a common problem? Or just a bug in the .75 firmware.

I want to pair my ikea tradfri bulb E27 (conbee 2), but no luck doing that. The device does not see it, sometime it does but then i get the lamp icon with the name unknown and can not do anything with the lamp (no control in phoscon HA).

Question regarding OTA for devices:
Through the VNC, I opened the “STD OTAU Plugin” and manually updated one LEDVANCE bulb. The next day, I opened the VNC and it showed in the OTA window the updated versions for all of the LEDVANCE bulbs; however, the version number did not update for any of these bulbs in the node list nor in deconz web app.

The question is, did I actually update the firmware on the bulbs? And if so, how do I refresh the bulbs to show the correct firmware? If not, what did I do wrong?

The easiest way is to open the Basic Cluster, which is reachable by clicking the right hand side circle on a node, in the Cluster Info Panel and read all attributes. This should refresh the version information. Currently this isn’t done for all devices automatically after an update (will be in future releases).

It’s a known issue, caused by otau plugin which does not report updated status to deconz.
But otau plugin has closed sources…

So a workaround is to reset and pair again your devices(not delete).

I think i read it could also been done by reading descriptors in vnc deconz app for each devices but it had never worked for me…

Btw you can verify actual firmware version by requesting a read attributes in otau cluster.

I haven’t check it but versions should be stored in a json deconz config file so it could be possible to update it manually.

It’s clearly a burden and i’ve made myself a reason about it.

Not that a big deal thus for ikea and ledvance/osram devices as they should normally ask for update each time they goes from no current powered to power on.

Hi Everyone,

I’m running several Philips hue lights on my Conbee II ~ 20, but i have an issue with one of them i cannot get fixed.

Model: E27 Philps Hue Bulb White
Issue:

When i turn the bulb on, to brightness 88 for example, it turns on > goes to 88 > 44 > 88…
This also happens when i don’t set any brightness in the turn on command.
Please check the following video; https://photos.app.goo.gl/rcVGQAKLmCegML6n8

This is the only bulb with this issue, the rest of them runs perfectly fine. Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

Hi all together, I have an annoying issue with some hue bulbs in the livingroom. My conbee stick is located in the middle of the first floor on the end of a 3m extension cable + a powered USB2.0 Hub. All bulbs and swithes on the same floor and on the 2nd floor are rock solid.
Downstairs the kichen and even the garden lights don’t make any trouble as well.
But in the livingroom there is always at least one bulb (Hue, the others from tint are reliable) which makes trouble and turns unavailable. Most times its only one bulb at the same time but it is every week another one.
Sometimes it helpes to switch off, wait a minute and swith on again. After this action the bulb sometimes stays stable but only sometimes.
Does anyone have a similar experience?

Hi, everytime I restart HASSIO have to delete and re add deCONZ in integration (deconz key is on a different pi3)
The above is an issue but mostly because during the read I have to modify the Xiaomi temperature sensors.

When re add the humidity is called sensor.xxxx_temperature2 and pressure
sensor.xxxx_temperature_3

and having like 10 sensors it’s a pain all the time.

Any ways to make it automatically?