deCONZ - Official thread

A lot of those controllers actually expose themselves as two lights. The RGB and CCT light so they can be controlled separately. Check it n their documentation if this is the case.

To clarify that , i’ve edited the post!:slight_smile:

1 Like

I try not to use one of those, because they mess up with my HomeKit integration.
I got the idea to create a dummy light that is only dimmable in Hass and to control the light with it via automations / NodeRed.

Hope, that this will work out.

2 issues i have lately:

1. I have some xiaomi motion sensors, and for some reason, the “motion off” is detected after 5 minutes instead of the default 90 sec…, i have 4 sensors, 1 bevaved liked this a month ago, i need to repair that sensor to fix it… now its another sensor … what can cause this? i still see the duration set to 90 sec in phoscon …btw, the motion off detected is a also 5 min in phoscon … so its not related to HA

2. if i do a full reboot of my hassos, my power switches are not available, i have 4 ikea ones… after a reboot of my hassos, i need todo a restart of the core… then they are visible again…
    if i dont do a reboot of my core, when i want to turn something on/off , i have this error…
    2020-03-30 09:46:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities switch.ikea_switch_1

Now for no aparent reason, all my deconz are unavailblae, only way to get them back available is to remove integration ad readd it … what a pain

I know that this issue been discussed earlier, but I cannot see that the issue has been solved.

Using latest verion of HA (107.4) with deconz (Conbee II 2.05.75, 264A40700) on Intel Nuc i3.
HA is running in virtual enviroment,deconz in docker-container. On Debian Stretch (virtualized VMware)

I have tested and disabled integrations until it was clear that when deconz is active, the HA-install uses more and more memory - until crash. This seems to take about 8-10 hours from restart.

Last working HA-version was 103.4. Any suggestion for solution?

I noticed this as well. Had some scripts which turned off the lights and checked 3 minutes after the last movement. Since a few days I saw that the script didn’t work correct anymore and that it was caused by the motion sensors not going to the off state (no movement detected) anymore within those 3 minutes. Apparently something changed in Deconz?

Yeah, noticed this already month ago, opened issue on GitHub… Several users have the same issue… It’s complete random with a sensor, they are still configured with 90 secs in deconz… So all looks fine

Hi, I had the same issue and opened it on GitHub. In the meanwhile I updated to 107.7. What I recognized so far is, that the swap increases up to 26% and then decreases to 22 or 23. Since more then a week the swap file moves between these borderlines.
So the bug might be solved. I’m still on 2.05.73 and OS3.11. I currently neither trust deConz updates nor OS that much :wink:

Ok, testing with 107.7 :slight_smile:

Tested with 107.7, same issue remains.

Maybe it’s not deConz. I still have no issue so far. Max 26% and then down to 22/23%

True, could be something else. But it started when I installed Conbee II and deconz. Did not use this integration before.

Hey,
im running home assistant on a QNAP TS-453be inside container station, got it running.
However, Im trying to add a conbee2 stick and cant get it to work.
Ive installed deconz also as container, I can access the web interface, however the firmware shows as not connected - meaning, the stick cant be found. I tried mounting the container with both ACM Usb and TTY privileges under advanced settings/devices.

The problem is, im pretty much a linux-newb. I can follow tutorials pretty well and so far ive got several things to work if only I had something to follow…

However this time, i have no idea what to do.

I found the advice to use “sudo usermod -a -G dialout admin”, however I get the response " usermod: group “dialout” does not exist

Soooo. What can I do?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

@deconz developer/implementation guys (I think it’s @Kane610?) do you plan to integrate the new ota-firmware-upgrade plugin?

Forum Thread

What’s new about it? My Docker installation already includes an OTA option. All my Tradfri lamps have been updated.
Just activate the “STD OTAU Plugin” via VNC access.
Here is a small manual (in german):

I want to update my Philips Hue devices. I think they fixed a problem with the firmware files from hue. The fixes are only included in the new plugin. The problem occur because some firmware files have other filenames: .sbl-ota

See this Thread

Ah, I didn’t know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

There is nothing for me todo. This is implemented as part of deconz, so you have to either build your own version or wait for a released version with this functionality

1 Like

The addon saves OTA update files into addons/data/otau folder. This gets packed up and saves into every snapshot.

It’s my understanding OTA files can be re-downloaded. Is there any way to not include this in snapshot?