deCONZ - Official thread

Just installed 6.1.1, coming from 5.3.8
Seems after a while, my add-on was just stopped… No idea why… Never happened before

Any idea what could be wrong?

Same happen to me today, though I was experimenting quite a lot for callig deconz services directly. At some point of time I noticed that all of my zibbee devices are not availble and I was not able to connecto to deconz plugin. After restart everything went back to normal and stay OK for now. Perhaps I send some rogue command, by accident.

i had those in my logs …

2020-07-22 12:34:42 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error
2020-07-22 12:35:00 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error
2020-07-22 12:35:18 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error
2020-07-22 12:35:36 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error
2020-07-22 12:35:55 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error

was in your case also the deconz addon stopped?

Well, hard to say… I was not able to open webUI, but integration status in Supervisor view showed that it is running. I had to restart (another issue is that sometimes I need to restart few times before it really starts or even restart entire HA instance). So far working stable, lets see for how long.
I checked log and so far no errors related to deconz, but since in meantime I upgraded to 0.113 and restarted HA anything related to this issue was erased.

My system also halted on 6.1.1. I saw the add-on was stopped. Started it and a couple a minutes later stopped again by itself.

A full restart did fix it for at least 24 hours. I hope definitely.

its stranged indeed , never happened before that my add-on was stopped

Had some strange Hue light behaviour shortly after updating the add-on to 6.1.1.
Some lights did not respond, had to power cycle to get them back in business.
Also with a aqara pir sensor, didn’t respond to movement, even after performing my best dancemoves.
Had to press the button on the pir, almost instantly it came back to life…
Never had this issue. Used to work like a treat for months.

is there away to use the “ontime” parameter by HA?
I know that by ZCL standard there is a “On With Timed Off” feature that would be nice to use, but I don’t know how use it and if it has been integrated.

Yes using the configure service vice you can achieve that

ZIGBEE - WIFI INTERFERENCE IS REAL.
Well, it explains everything. Since I’ve been experiencong recently lots of problems with stability of Zigbee network (mainly not updated entities statuses, bulbs stopping to respond to commands, general network slowness) I was really blaming recent updates of deconz and/or HA itself fo these problems. But then I realized, that issues started more~less the same time as I upgrade my home WiFi network to new set of Draytek Vigor 802/903 APs and changed its configuration quite significantly. So I spend quite some time reading about Zigbe and WiFi interference (since both use the same 2.4G band) and reconfigured my WiFi to remediate potential issues. Bingo! My Zigbee returned to stability I experienced previously! So in principle:

• I had Zigbee network configured to use channel 15, which is fitting nicely into small sweet spot between WiFi channels 1 and 6 (taking into consideration 20MHz channel width). So far so good, no need to touch Zigbee.
  • BUT my WiFi was running on 40MHz channel width to increase bandwidth… so I decreased width to forced 20MHz to avoid interference with zigbee channel 15 from WiFi channels 1 and 6.
  • I have 3 APs running on channels 1, 6, 11 (one per floor) and Zigbee dongle is located in basement. So reconfigured which APs channels, so that ground floor one is now using channel 11. So physically closest to dongle AP uses most far channel in spectrum from Zigbee.

As you see just few small changes, with very little sacrifice of WiFi bandwidth (due to decreased channel width), but difference for Zigbee performance and stability is night and day!!! So if you have some stability issues - just remediate your networks to work without conflicts!

4 Likes

Running deCONZ 6.1.2 on Home Assistant 0.113.1.

My Aqara Magic Cube has stopped triggering any rotation events. I think this may have happened since updating Home Assistant and deCONZ but I can’t say for sure.

Other gestures still work (I haven’t tested them all).

Has anyone else noticed this? I’m not sure what my next steps should be (so welcome any suggestions).

Thanks all,

Roland

just updated to 6.2.0 , but the add-on doesnt want to start … it just stops again
running HassOS 4.11 , esxi

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: executing... 
[15:21:24] INFO: GCFFlasher V3_13 (c) dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh
Path             | Vendor | Product | Serial     | Type
-----------------+--------+---------+------------+-------
/dev/ttyUSB0     | 0x0403 | 0x6015  |            | ConBee 
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] novnc.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] novnc.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[13:21:24] INFO: Running the deCONZ OTA updater...
[13:21:24] INFO: Starting udevd...
[13:21:24] INFO: Running the IKEA OTA updater...
[13:21:24] INFO: Running the OSRAM LEdvance OTA updater...
[15:21:24] INFO: Websockify waiting for VNC to start
[15:21:24] INFO: Starting VNC server (local/no)...
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
1 Like

I am seeing the same, the addon starts then stops after upgrading to 6.2.0

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: executing…
[09:34:07] INFO: GCFFlasher V3_13 (c) dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh
Path | Vendor | Product | Serial | Type
-----------------±-------±--------±-----------±------
/dev/ttyACM0 | 0x1CF1 | 0x0030 | | ConBee II
/dev/ttyACM1 | 0x1CF1 | 0x0030 | | ConBee II
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] novnc.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] novnc.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[13:34:07] INFO: Running the IKEA OTA updater…
[13:34:07] INFO: Running the OSRAM LEdvance OTA updater…
[13:34:07] INFO: Starting udevd…
[13:34:07] INFO: Running the deCONZ OTA updater…
[services.d] done.
[09:34:07] INFO: Websockify waiting for VNC to start
[09:34:07] INFO: Starting VNC server (local/no)…
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

already created ticket here :

Same here. Disabling vnc (i.e. removing the port) is a workaround to get it back up.

1 Like

maybe disabling VNC is needed? i read something i change log , that VNC now uses ingress?
i cant test right now anymore, rolled back to 6.1.2 :slight_smile:

Disabling VNC does allow the addon to start. Thanks

You’re probably right - that was what led me to try. Still odd that it’s not really mentioned/removed. Let’s see what your github issue will bring :smiley:

deconz

This is the new page when you click ‘open web ui’. The top link is the “old” phoscon ui - and the bottom is the network map via ingress.

How do you rollback?