deCONZ - Official thread

I installed beta version 2.05.78 and my issue is solved

Can you explain how to integrate the conbee into hue essentials? I can’t get it work :frowning:

1 Like

It was a long time ago, not sure… did you do this, to start with:

Hi
I have a deconz conbee 2 usb in my NUC (HA supervised) which is working fine.
I had a rasberry b3+ sitting, so I thought to keep it as a backup of the NUC (just in case)
I need some help on how to install the deconz integration to the raspberry.

I installed deconz addon from addon store.
in the config I have

device: /dev/ttyAMA0
vnc_password: ''

When I start the device I can go the webui. There I see that it has the ip 172.32.33.4 for example
When I try to add the integration it sees the ip that my nuc deconz has eg 172.32.33.0 but it can not connect. If I manually place the raspberry ip 172.32.33.4 can not connect either.
In both cases it asks to “Press “Authenticate app” button” which I already have.

Can someone help please?

See this patrioti

not sure that this is my problem patrioti
conbee is working on my nuc (I would like to keep it as HA addon anyway). the problem is I can not connect my rasberry to conbee (which is attached to nuc)

Just upgraded to deConz 6.0.1 on my raspberry pi with a conbee 2 and now nothing is working. Going to the web UI I get the following error 502: Bad Gateway. Not sure what I’m missing.
Configuration

device: >-
  /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2152830-if00
vnc_password: ''

Log

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: executing... 
/usr/bin/GCFFlasher_internal: line 71: /usr/bin/GCFFlasher_internal.bin: No such file or directory
[11:10:58] INFO: 
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] vnc.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] vnc.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[15:10:58] INFO: Running the OSRAM LEdvance OTA updater...
[15:10:58] INFO: Starting udevd...
[15:10:58] INFO: Running the IKEA OTA updater...
[15:10:58] INFO: Running the deCONZ OTA updater...
[11:10:58] INFO: Waiting for device...
[15:10:58] INFO: Can't fetch data from osram!
[11:11:02] INFO: Starting the deCONZ gateway...
./run: line 71: /usr/bin/deCONZ: No such file or directory
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

As soon as I try to log on to deConz it says it’s not running and takes me back to the supervisor to start it. I’ve tried rebooting but no luck. Not sue why there is a missing file and I can’t belive my device fail Before I try falling back to the version I was on ( 5.3.6) is there something I can fix?

1 Like

I have exactly the same on my Raspi3 after update to 6.0.1

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: executing... 
[17:44:17] INFO: GCFFlasher V3_13 (c) dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh
Path             | Vendor | Product | Serial     | Type
-----------------+--------+---------+------------+-------
/dev/ttyAMA0     | 0x0000 | 0x0000  |            | RaspBee 
/dev/ttyACM0     | 0x1CF1 | 0x0030  |            | ConBee II 
[cont-init.d] firmware.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] vnc.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] vnc.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[15:44:18] INFO: Starting udevd...
[15:44:18] INFO: Running the deCONZ OTA updater...
[17:44:18] INFO: Waiting for device...
[15:44:18] INFO: Running the IKEA OTA updater...
[15:44:18] INFO: Running the OSRAM LEdvance OTA updater...
[15:44:18] INFO: Can't fetch data from osram!
[17:44:18] INFO: Starting VNC server...
[17:44:21] INFO: Waiting for VNC to start
[17:44:22] INFO: Starting the deCONZ gateway...
qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0
Could not connect to any X display.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

And also here, same thing.

I just installed 6.1.0 and it fixed the problem for me.

As soon as I enable VNC port 5900 it fails!
When I disable port 5900 all is OK.

1 Like

what does this mean in 6.0 release : New deCONZ firmware management on startup

can we now update the firmware correcly? this was not possible before, it always failed

Follow this issue to see when your add-on issues are resolved; https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/issues/1480

Thanks!!!

This did the trick for me :slight_smile:

I have some strange issues with deconz recently… In living room I have set of 18 spotlights that up to now I was managing as light group directly in HA. Since such large groups do not work well (lights are not fully synced when switching on/of or dimming - there are slight delays between individual bulbs) I decided to switch to deconz group. I created one in deconz and everything seemed to work fine until I started to test. Then it turned out that:

• not all lights behave as included in the group. 2 out of 18 lights do not react to switching on/off or dimming. Strangely their status is reports (as entity state) as if these are working properly.
  • I deleted and recreated the group, but with the same result, this time however some other 2 bulbs are not working.
  • I started to test it vs HA light group and when switching whole set on/of using either of groups I noticed, that status of bulbs in some situations is reported improperly (e.g. they are lit, but reported as off and other way around). It takes several retries to get status in sync with actual situation.
  • more strange; I started to check how it looks from perspective of deconz plugin itself and it seems that the problem is not with HA, but with plugin that is showing also the same incorrect/inconsistent data.

I’m using deconz with Conbee II stick and running the most up to date integration version 6.1.1. I tried also to restart the plugin and HA itself, but results are exactly the same.

So is dissynchronised status known issue? Is there any limit of lights in group (it seems to be consistent to work for 16 lights, dropping randomly 2 out of 18)?

Was these problems starting with 6.1.1? I am asking because I have not upgraded yet and perhaps I should wait for the next version after 6.1.1

Issue with reporting of states I noticed previously, but was more sporadic, while here (at least in case of groups) is systematic. Also I’ve never managed so large deconz group, so I cannot say if this is related latest version or it existed previously.

Hi,

When I try to enable the websocket it says add-on not able to start.
It sais 8081 is used somewhere else. With 8080 it’s ok.
What I want to do is to enable the api so I can use deconz with node-red.
Also my local IP in deconz is 172.30.33.2, when all other devices have 192.168.100.x
Do you know what i have to do?

I was having similar problems with my Conbee II when I upgraded DeConz to 6.0.1. After the update I was getting error messages saying bad gateway and the integration would not run. I ended up taking the Conbee II from my raspberry pi and putting it into my Windows computer and following this link to the wiki showing how to manually update the firmware on the Conbee II.

I also updated to 6.1.0. I’m now not having any problems. However, I am a little concerned about going to 6.1.1.

1 Like

Some update on groups; I removed from group 2 light that misbehaved and added them again. This fixed group issue and all light work now unisono.