deCONZ - Support management of DDF files through HA config

+1 for me too. It would be awesome!

+1 also for me, would be great.

+1 yes please! do you guys now of any work arounds? editing does DDF’s is a pain now…

+1, I have some zigbee devices which can’t be integrated correctly without DDF in deCONZ. It would be great to have it.

+1 I would love this too for my newly aquired lixee device!

1 Like

This would be so essential, I wonder why it hasn’t implemented yet. I hope that we see some implementation this year :partying_face:

+1 Please!

+1 for this feature!

+1 for this, I was amazed to find that this is not possible yet!

+1, yeas this would really help

+1, it would make the DeconZ integration way more powerful

+1
And, to fix that when using deCONZ inside HA, the windows for the program can be reformatted, resized, so that in DFF-mode, I can drag and drop inside DFF\Bindings…

+1 - Especially because shutting down HA, mounting (particular annoying on OSX) the SD Card and manually modifying the files is tedious to say the least.

Update
I managed to get access to the directory where I saved a DDF json file via VNC. Important to understand is:

1. hassio (using this install method) via Balena Etcher) uses docker
  2. using the SSH or Community addon (my choice) you only get access to SSH inside that container BUT NOT the actual OS (big shout out to @quentinsf in his comment)

The aforementioned comment finally helped me to locate the documentation “How to get SSH access to the host”.

Steps are simple:

1. Generate SSH keys (Tutorial)
  2. Format a USB drive names “CONFIG” as described in the tutorial
  3. Save the pub key on the USB drive, rename it to “authorized_keys” and plug the USB drive into your device (in my case a Pi)
  4. Install the SSH Addon, connect via SSH in the docker container and execute the command ha os import which should get confirmed with Command completed successfully.
  5. Optional: Create an alias command (in my case in .zrpofile because Mac OSX) by editing .zprofile in my user home directory and pasting alias YOUR_COMMAND='ssh -v -o ServerAliveInterval=60 -p 22222 root@IP_OF_YOUR_DEVICE -i ~/PATH_TO_PRIVATE_KEY/PRIVATE_KEY'
  6. SSH Login to your OS
  7. Navigate to /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_deconz/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices

Cheers
Mike

1 Like

You can also use the portainer addon to access the deconz container cmd and “wget” files directly from the devices folder. But not really easier…
I try to work on a easier solution for that.

If you want a more user friendly UI for edditing file than vi you can run this command after login to ssh on port 22222;

docker run -it --rm -p 22223:8080 -v /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/core_deconz/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices:/data hurlenko/filebrowser

Then open homeassistant.local:22223 and login with admin : admin

This will run a auto removing container based on filebrowser.

Press CTRL + C or close the ssh windows to stop it.

1 Like

Did deconz ddf changes via VNC UI for innr (sp_120) device. Noticed, that uppon deconz add-on restart those changes were lost

Mine approach (zero knowledge of linux)
I did not had remote ssh to HA configured (only to ssh container via ad-on). So I used portainer ad-onn and connected to addon_core_deconz container’s console and executed one command:

cp /usr/share/deCONZ/devices/innr /data/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices -r

innr part should be replaced with your device manufacturer or you can just copy only one device.

Restarted deconz. Looks like it is working.

Yes it’s working but if the DDF is updated by the core you will be using the old file you put in the share folder

So, if I understand correctly, this feature of deCONZ hasn’t been implemented? It’s not great to do this manually via portainer (unsafe) or SSH (unsafer).

Why don’t mount the relevant folder to the HA config folder like z2m?

Who is still working on this container? Is there still intereset by the dev to implement this, or not? Would like to know if I shouldn’t switch to z2m for example.

I tried to transfer a DDF via SSH for about 3 hours yesterday just to reset my Conbee with this action

I would be happy about a proper integration of this function

Is it still that difficult or did I miss something. I don‘t have deep knowledge of HA, dockers or Linux. I‘m struggling with this since a few days.