DeskPi Pro Active Cooling and Front USB ports

[image

This is an addon for DeskPi Pro in Home Assistant. It’s essentially a script that runs in a docker container. It enables and automates the DeskPi Active Cooling System with your specifications.

Installation

Within Home Assistant, click Supervisor-> Add-on Store -> … button (in top left)-> Repositories. Add this repository.

Click DeskPi Pro Active Cooling Addon and install!

Configuration

Celcius values

"CorF": "C"
"LowRange": 35
"MediumRange": 45
"HighRange": 50
"QuietProfile": "true"

Celcius or Farenheit

Choose Celcius or Farenheit.

• CorF - Configures Celcius or Fahrenheit.

Temperature Ranges

Set your fan ranges appropriately.

• LowRange Minimum Temperature to turn on 33%. Temperatures less than this value will turn the fan off.
  • MediumRange to be the temperature divider between 33 and 66%.
  • HighRange to be the maximum temperature before 100% fan.

Quiet Profile

When Quiet Profile is turned on the duty cycle of the fan is reduced to a dB-based system instead of ramping based on duty cycle. The duty cycle is set to 20%, 40% and 100% instead of 33%, 66% and 100%. These values are estimated to be a steady ramp-up in sound level instead of duty cycle as 33%, 66% and 100% are fairly similar in noise production.

• QuietProfile set to “true” for quiet fan mode. Set to “false” to turn off. The only accepted value is “true”, not on or 1.

Enable Serial Port and Host Mode USB

In order to enable Serial, you must add dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host to your config.txt. You can do this from a computer, a terminal addon, or from the hassio main terminal. I recommend using The Easy Way, it’s fast and works well.

The Easy Way

Use this addon to setup serial, then reboot and uninstall the addon.

Edit config.txt method

plug your sdcard or memory stick into a computer and modify the config.txt file.

dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host

Terminal Addon method

If you have a terminal addon, you can disable protection mode mount /dev/ then run the following.

Built-in hard drive

echo 'dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host' >> /mnt/config.txt

SDCard

echo 'dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host' >> /mnt/config.txt

Hassio Main Terminal

Login to the main terminal, then at the ha> prompt, type “login”.

echo 'dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host' >> /mnt/boot/config.txt
2 Likes

Security rating bumped to level 6

1 Like

Hey @adamoutler, I just set this up after using the “HassOS Serial Configurator”, but I don’t get any output except for the following, and the text is black, did I miss something?