Detailed guide on how to flash the new Tuya Beken Chips with OpenBK7231T

I tried a little bit, but it is too complex to find it.
So far I bought a few Feit Dimmer in Costco. They had a great offer last week (two dimmers for $19.99), and they are still possible to flash with tamota. It is a very simple process and works as a charm.
SW2 waits until someone finds how to make it work.

Has anyone got it on mac?

Hi folks I’ve managed to flash a couple of stand alone CB3S that I’d pulled and replaced with ESP chips

have ordered a few random devices off AliExpress now to play with, bulbs switches etc

Are there any devices that’s really in need of testing to advance the firmware I’m will to assist with buying and been a beta tester for devices if it will help

I’ve spent a LONG time trying to read and reflash a WB3S and also a WB8P. After failing at both, using both Python and the windows app, I’m just frustrated. I’ve tried multipe USB (CP2102, CH340 and even a PL2303TA which is my tried and true for ESP chips), no dice on any.
I really want an easy way to reflash the 10x SL10 Bulbs I have away from Tuya, but have failed miserably even after removing the Tuya Chip entirely and trying it individually with the USB to TTL.

Any help with an easy OTA flash or method to get these away from Tuya would be GREAT.

I didn’t need to but I’ve seen reports from people saying they needed to tap the CEN pin to ground for a second to get data to flow

maybe try this

1 Like

Is there any chance that LED backlight can be configured? I have this one and I’m talking about indication light which showing is it gang turned on or off. When gang is turned on, backlight is red. When turned off, backlight is blue. This isn’t intuitive for me and I would like to be oposite. I already tried to put LED and LED_n in every possible P* in conf, with no effect (one by one, of course). Unfortunately, I didn’t tried device on Tuya firmware at all, so I cannot know is it red for on, blue for off, feature or bug :grin: , I flashed it with OpenBK straight after unboxing.

Another thing, my is also showing unkown state in HA after restart. Only after I toggle some gangs, state is updating properly.

Normally python tool works if you just can’t get bkwriter working.
You could try tuya cloudcutter for the treatlife bulbs because i think it’s listed under the devices.
Are you still able to flash it after desoldering the chip?

Yeah, that doesn’t look like it’s fixed yet for now

I believe you are talking about unkown state after restart, right? Asking cause I talked about two different things.

Yeah, the 2nd part.
For the led indicator, i think the red led is tied to the relay so you can’t change it. I have some tuya switches that works the same way.
You can still just turn off the blue led (wifi inficator) and only have red led on when relay’s on.

Also, which switches have you bought that allows you to change the led color?

Thanks for explanation!

No ones, I was just wondering could this be done somehow.

Off topic: All WiFi wall switches at my home are Sonoff T3, and they have bright blue for ON and dimmed blue for OFF. I wouldn’t buy anything but Sonoff, but I needed one for bathroom as well and I wanted to be in same/similar fashion look as T3 - fancy and on touch, but unfortunately Sonoff is not manufacturing anything in this size, so I decided to give a try to this Tuya switch. This was unsuccessful, cause it cannot provide enough amps, which was btw stated in Aliexpress description as 600W per road, so water heater and washing machine are turning off it self after 10-15 seconds of work. No matter, I installed it on place where I have one bulb only, so I’m using 1 gang for that bulb and other 5 gangs for various automations (they’re connected to nothing), just because I like it’s fancy look and to justify the money spent :rofl: (yeah, pure masochism, I drilled bigger hole and fixed the wall after installment of 6 gang switch in place where I have one appliance only :joy: :joy: ).

I gave up on this. Red light for ON is much brighter but blue one, and this is especially noticeable during day, so even if I could swap colors, it would be non-intuitive from this point of view. Regarding turning off blue LED… maybe we didn’t understand well each other. Blue light I am talking about is on gangs. When gang is turned off, it has blue light. When gang is turned on, it has red light. I’m not sure if this could be related with WiFiLED or WiFiLED_n. On the other hand, I was already try WiFiLED or WiFiLED_n in every possible P* in conf, didn’t noticed any difference, and at the end I gave up, I’m using it without WiFiLED configured. Only thing I discovered is if I put LED_n to P28, this will turn off WiFi indication light, but everything else will remain the same:

Maybe I missed something? This is my conf:

Any chance some one could make a video of the process for plebs like me?

Hello,
Great job.
It is possible to backup the original firmware, before flashing the new one?
I am also interested to use this WiFi Smart Circuit Breaker with energy consumption meter using BK7231N together with BL0942:

Is BK7231N and BL0942 supported by your firmware?
Thank you

1 Like

OK so I’ve had a go at trying to flash a Moes Smart Dimmer Module. I believe everything is hooked up correctly, however it just keeps failing. I’ve used this USB to serial converter to flash tasmota on many different boards, so I know it works.

Not quite sure about this, since I’ve only dealt with switches with the wifi_led is usually for the wifi indicator & off led.

You might need to ask in elektroda forum.

You can backup the stock firmware, but not restoring back to tuya firmware for now (correct me if I’m wrong here)

Yes, there’s support for bl0942

https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/viewtopic.php?p=19984436#19984436

Have you tried the python tool?

Also, try disconnect & connect ADC pin until the flashing starts. Or ground the CEN to restart the chip

Thank you for the information.
Do you have a tutorial or some explanations on how to backup the stock firmware?
I want to be able to restore the stock firmware if I can not find a firmware suitable to my needs.

Use this tool to backup/read the firmware

cd to your folder

For N device
python uartprogram firmware_dump.bin -d com7 -r -u 0x0

For some reason, I keep getting crc errors so I use bk7231py tools
python bk7231tools.py read_flash -d com7 -s 0 -c 512 firmware_dump.bin --no-verify-checksum

Dissect the firmware dump and you should get these files,
python bk7231tools.py dissect_dump -e -O C:\Users\theba\Desktop\Openbkt\cbu firmware_dump.bin

Flash the app_1.00.bin
python uartprogram firmware.bin -d com7 -r -u -s 0x0

But I didn’t get mine working, you might have better luck with this

1 Like

Here, more or less the same steps as first post.

Also, check out tuya-cloudcutter if you intend to flash it ota.

1 Like