Disk almost full

Hi, it seems that my storage is almost full. I did had some messages in my Unifi controller (running as add-on on hassio) and a system metric shows that 97.7% is now full of disk:

What can I do to check and free up disk space again?

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure the image is using all your available disk? If so, only you can find the location consuming the space.

Try to install Portainer and look for unused containers and delete them.
How big is your Database? Do you pruge in X days?

Thanks! Will have a look at Portainer.
Don’t know about the database size, how can I verify and purge?

Quite a list of unused images in Portainer, but I do believe they are still used (at least integration are which are labeled as unused)

Yes, same for me. I‘m also not sure if the „unused“ tag is trusty.
I searched by date, older versions and for images that are not installed anymore and deleted them.

By default your Database is stored in /config and called homeassistantv2.db or similar

If you are concerned about unused Docker images, just run docker system prune to remove any unused data.

Found the database:

From where should I run the command (running hassio on PI)

Database is 244 MB. Not that big.
If you can ssh into the OS ( not the hassio container) you should be able to run that command.
Sorry, I do not run the Hassio HassOs image.

I did this, too. But I can freed almost 20 GB by removing unused Docker images manuelly with Portainer.

It only reclaimed a little bit more than 40Mb.

I need to figure out what is consuming the disk space.

What size is your disk and how does that compare with the total disk space output of df -hl ?
Your system may not be making use of all the disk space.

I have a 32gb SD card. This is the output of dh command

It looks like it is using all your card.
You now need to figure out what is using the space. Sometimes logs pr camera images can consume a lot.

Yes I agree @anon34565116, question is how I can discover that. Currently I do not use camera’s. The majority of my integrations is Chromecast, XBOX and PS4

Any tips are welcome

I do not know what commands are available in HassOS.
It apparently has dh. Does it have du (disk usage) ?
If I feel like guessing I would try du -sh /usr/share/hassio. If that looks like the large usage. you can cd down from there, looking for the culprit.
Otherwise. cd / ls to list the direcories there & try du -sh for each one of then, avoiding proc & dev. They are special and would likely hang.

Just at a guess and not being too familiar with Hassio it looks like multiple instances of Hassio are installed on that card. I may be way off but the partitioning definitely looks suspect.

I’d take a snapshot of my setup, clean that card and start from fresh. As @anon34565116 mentions randomly deleting files not knowing what files you are deleting is Russian roulette. It probably won’t end well.

That is a possibility too.
Try this command to clean up but be sure Hassio is running first. docker system prune This cleans up any old or unused images.
If Hassio is stopped it will get deleted too, so be careful :frowning:

1 Like

I ran the docker system prune command before, and did it again without a major result. Why do you think multiple hassio images are on this SD storage card @ConcordGE?