Do NOT Buy Slaesh's Zigbee Stick

1 minute ago

Want to share this with the community so this product is avoided.

Been monitoring his site, waiting for stock. 11 days ago I saw product available.

I proceeded to order 2 sticks. Paid 68 Euros and to date (11 days) I have not received any information on the shipment.

I went to the published telegram and it turns out it’s not been active for a long time. I have written 2 emails, no response.

Seems it’s just taking money

3 Likes

Ordered mine last month, it arrived in two weeks and it enabled me to use zigbee2mqtt and ditch the vendor’s Bridge. I’m in the states. No issues whatsoever, communication and the email/tracking was adequate.

Regards,
Chris

Noted. That was last month.
This is now and i think people need to know about now.

I paid nearly 2 weeks ago and have received no feedback whatsoever.

i ordered and paid on thursday and got confirmation email straight away.
Have you checked spam folder

Thank you. I did get a confirmation (system) email 11 days ago.

Nothing after that. I’ve checked my spam. Nothing

Go to his posted Telegram, It says it hasnt been active in a very long time. I guess I should have checked that first.

read the reviews on the website, it mentions there are delays.

CC2652 ZigBee coordinator or OpenThread router from slaesh’s iot stuff and other hacks :slight_smile: on Tindie

That I can understand.

Still no excuse for not updating customers who have paid and are enquiring.

I ordered directly from his site as per the z2m link and there’s nothing there.

So, Including me it makes 3 people who ordered and received their stick and 1 who didn‘t.

Don‘t make this a personal crusade…

3 Likes

Same experience here: no communication, no response from [email protected].

He has received my money but does not feel the need to inform me about the status (if any) of the delvery

read the link provided by @aidbish above.

No personal cruzade. I dont know this person and have no other interest than receiving what I paid for.

Unfortunately i did not read the Tindie page and ordered directly from his website. Otherwise I would have not ordered at all.

I ordered 1 stick some time ago. Due to the pandemic and the bad performance of DHL Germany it took quite a while to arrive.

Plugged it in and got smooth operations straight away. I don’t want to miss it anymore.

I admid I got nevous too. After ~6 weeks I finally got the package (overseas, living in SE-Asia). Sascha is not a professional merchant but more of a hobbyist. His stick is really good. Give it some time to arrive. I am pretty sure it will.

1 Like

I’ve had this stick for quite some time now, I had no issues with the shipping but the only time I tried to contact him because I was having issues, he never answered.

I understand he’s not a professional manufacturer but he could at least shoot some one-line answers, it’s not like he’s selling it at cost.

I also ordered two about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I waited patiently for a week and asked for an update by email. Within a day I received an update with a DHL tracking number. Unfortunately that has not changed from the information received by DHL for the last week. It seems a shipping label was requested but the goods not shipped. I sent another email to follow up. Will follow up if I receive an update.

Experienced exactly the same bullshit. On site he claims he’s got stock, I order and pay for 2 pieces, then … nothing, no shipment, no communication for like 10 days. I then contacted him on his preferred communication channel (got myself a telegram account just for that), but never got an answer. Figures, because as mentioned before : he hadn’t been on there for a loooong time.

It is clear to me that he may be a technically gifted hobbyist, but most certainly one with extremely bad business ethics. Lots of similar reviews on Tindie to prove my point. Stay away from this guy if you want to avoid a similar experience …

The same experience with me.
Ordered on February 27th and no more communications after. I have sent Telegram messages and emails, but no response as well. Have somebody already received any reply on the PayPal dispute?

Same thing. Ordered on 8th of March, no news since.
Probably I’ll need to open a PayPal dispute…

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 3/6/2021. No news.

After yesterday’s flowery answer (in github) I still have not received any emails or feedback on the purchase.
I’ve initiated “dispute resolution” via PayPal. Unfortunately it seems the only viable settlement

See below
https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/discussions/6702

Don’t you think you’re making a little too much fuzz about that? Your money is safe, as you paid with PayPal…

I’m very sorry, but in these uncertain times a lot of things don’t work out as expected or wanted. What if he or one of his family members is infected by Corona and has to stay in quarantine? I can see your point, but as long as your money is safe, I would prefer a lowered down tone. And that’s me, the one who normally doesn’t have sweets and hearts around his posts… :wink:

5 Likes

I ordered mine on 27th February and it’s just arrived along with a pack of Haribo. Not the quickest delivery in the world but it’s here and I’m happy. These are genuine guys - I suggest you sit back and wait a few days.

1 Like