Do NOT Buy Slaesh's Zigbee Stick

I had a similar experience where after the order was placed I did not here from him for a while, and he did not respond on telegram. The order arrived a after a few weeks. When ordering, I asked if he could also provied black cases which he happily did. :+1:

Remember guys, this guy is a maker, he is not a ā€œprofessionalā€ manufacturer. Iā€™m pretty sure that even when he has stuff in stock (even if already assembled etc.) that actually packaging everything takes a while when you are just one person. And as orders quickly pile up, I guess it just takes longer for some people. Obviously he could be a little bit more upfront in order to avoid frustration, but honestly guys, relax.

This is exactly the problem! If some people are getting the order in few weeks, I am getting more stressed because I donā€™t have it in more than 1 monthā€¦ It is like my order is lost.
PS. I can really understand that this guy is not a big corporation with its internal procedures, but if he takes money from people he should have some responsibilities - it is normal! For now I am really afraid that I will not take my money back - and this is the reason I can not relax.

Itā€™s not your money is lost or you have been ripped off. Just open up a paypal dispute and be done with it. You can either decide to place another order or order from any other store, there are several other vendors, e.g. zzh.

As others have mentioned, communication is difficult with slaeh, so if you need your stick faster you can try somewhere else.

I have already written here, that I have paid with bank transfer which do not have buyer protection (Bunq service). It would be easier with Paypalā€¦

Hi

Ordered a stick from him, it stopped working, when I opened the stick here is what I found (look at the chip solder near the antenna)

Contacted him on github, no answer at all

I received my order today!

Ordered Mar 6 2021
Tracking number from DHL Mar 29 2021
Frankfurt Airport April 2 2021
New York Inbound Customs April 7 2021
Departed Customs April 7 2021
Intake to US Post Office April 7 2021
Delivered by US Post Office April 15 2021

So far so good. The device is working fine and Iā€™m very happy with it!

The hardware came in as this

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_slae.sh_cc2652rb_stick_-_slaesh_s_iot_stuff_00_12_4B_00_00_00_00_00-if00-port0

I had been having problems with some Aqara and Ikea devices which lead me to try Zigbee2Mqtt originally (from deconz). I had used a Conbee (original) and then a Conbee II both with deconz / phoscon. My devices never worked correctly.

With the new stick everything is working perfectly and I did not have to fight to get anything working. It just worked like it was supposed to. I donā€™t know why. I thought Zigbee was Zigbee but I guess not. Firmware on the Conbees perhaps out of date but who knows why that would make a difference since the device definitions are updated in the cloud.

As an added bonus my battery devices show much higher link quality on the radio than they did on the Conbee II. I did purchase the longest antenna when I ordered so that is likely why I get much much better reception. The Conbee as everyone knows has no antenna so I guess that really is not a fair comparison.

If anyone is going to order this stick then be prepared for no communication from the seller other than the tracking number from DHL when the time comes. I did not try for a refund even though I used Paypal.

There is no excuse for the very poor customer service skills of the seller. I give the benefit of the doubt. Germany. Covid. Lockdowns. Long shipping times for parts from China. All that said would it have been too much trouble to send a quick ā€œhey I got your orderā€ email from the seller???

I can vouch for the product. Not the buying experience. I was sorry to see the sloppy soldering job above. Mine is perfect.

Iā€™ll give it a couple of days to burn in with these few devices and then cut over and retire deconz / Conbee II.

Where a will is also a way!

You paid through PayPal, you disputed through PayPal and youā€™ve got your money back through PayPal.

And later you received the stick which is technically and legally not yours (anymore) since youā€™ve got your money back.

Donā€™t be a rip-off! Canā€™t adress it to ā€œSlaesh, Germanyā€, can I? is a more than lame excuse. Just initiate a transfer through PayPal to Slaeshā€™s account at PayPal and ease your karma Barry!

3 Likes

Iā€™m same to you, nobody answer.

I bought 2 of them from Slaeshā€™s site on 4/17, and they arrived yesterday (5/4).

Look great. Work great. No complaints on my side.

1 Like

Well, my experience with Slaesh is the same (and maybe worse than the OP).

I paid for my stick on February 27, 2021 and today is May 9, 2021!

Since then, I have sent Slaesh more than 30 emails (really) and 10 Telegram messages but he hasnā€™t responded to any of them. Not a single one!

The guy is so unprofessional and his venture has real communication issues. I know he is not a professional seller or a factory but when you are charging someone for a product you should support it too, in the best of your capacity. At least reply to one, just one, of the emails someone sents you.

Overall, a really disappointing situation with Slaesh.

Hang in there! I donā€™t think the seller has bad motivation.

The stick is FANTASTIC. I was using Conbee 2 / deconz before. Iā€™m now on this new stick with zigbee2mqtt and my setup is now very stable. All my devices compatible. Note to anyone ordering, get the largest antenna with it.

@ vpc How long did it took for your stick to arrive at your doorstep?

It took 41 days

The guy is not responding to any email and I have sent him over 5 in the past 10 days.

Does anyone know somewhere else where I can send him a message to ā€œwakeā€ him up?

As this is the only thread I could find for Slaeshā€™s Zigbee-stick, Iā€™m just posting it here. :slight_smile:

I just stumbled upon a discount code, if anyone wants to buy Slaeshā€™s Zigbee-stick, here you go:
https://slae.sh/projects/cc2652/
Discount code (gives you 10% off before shipping): HAPPILYBACKAGAIN2021

EDIT: via mydealz.de

1 Like

This has been mentioned and linked before, but FYI reminder that there is a longer discussion of the same topic over at Zigbee2mqtt where @slaesh replied and explained his situation + more. See here:

One can always buy the LPSTK CC1352R https://www.ti.com/tool/LPSTK-CC1352R Given that it is not a stick but paired with FTDI, it works well.
However, you should either have a debugger or have a friend with CC1352P2 board who can help flash for you :slight_smile:

TIā€™s LAUNCHXL-CC26xR1 or LAUNCHXL-CC1352P-2 Launchpad Kits are more popular if want to get hardware directly from Texas Instruments, however there are many TI options availabale today. See:

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_adapters.html

https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/blob/61963a72331e8ae20d4ddd8a77a3c71b44bb7f7a/coordinator/Z-Stack_3.x.0/bin/README.md

https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/blob/61963a72331e8ae20d4ddd8a77a3c71b44bb7f7a/coordinator/README.md

Ordered my stick from Slaesh and it arrived, works just fine. This is crazy to blow him up just because you didnā€™t hear back. Heā€™s prob busy filling the orders.

1 Like