Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Yes that would be great :slight_smile: thank you.

As a reminder, there are some really good ideas and enhancements on this thread. Whilst we’ll discuss them here if its a gap/enhancement feel free to log an issue on github, this way we can track them easily…

1 Like

Apologies if this has been answered already, but does this component access the Drayton system locally to control it, or does it rely on their cloud service? I’d heard that the Wiser system had a local API, but not seen that confirmed, or whether this is using that.

A friend of mine has a very unreliable Internet connection, so he’s looking for something that has the least reliance on cloud services. This sounds like it might fit the bill, but wanted to double check before advising him.

Locally, it does not talk to Drayton Cloud, it talks to the heathub itself (via REST).

Personally I think thats its strength, the standard UI works, nothing is dependant on HA and most importantly family friendly!! (wife, kids, dog can still use the wiser app)

That’s great to hear. Just to clarify, I assume the phone app goes through their cloud, rather that the local REST API directly?

Either way, having fully local control for HA is a huge benefit of this of this over similar systems so thanks for confirming!

Its even better than that!

The phone app first tries to collect locally, if it cant it then goes via the cloud. So if Drayton Wiser goes bankrupt, disappears, your heating will still work, the app will still work (locally) and all is happy.

Ive also had occasions when the Drayton cloud link isnt working, I then use wireguard to vpn to home, and then run the wiser app and it connects instantaneously …

Wiser is by FAR the best and most flexible smart heating system… by far

That’s great - thanks again for the details.

Hi,

By any chance, any of you know what is the latest firmware for the Room thermostat and how much time does it take to update to that?

Mine shows 00000012, but sometimes in the app it shows for a second 00000903 and then goes back to the aforementioned one.

And any idea why would it show Hub route repeater, when I don’t even have a repeater on that system?

Thanks,

Gábor

My roomstat is on firmware 0000a412. As firmware number like 00000012 looks to be a wiser smartplug although mine is on 00000011.

In terms of hub route repeater question, what is the parent node id and what device has that node id?

The parent node id is just a - . So nothing.

That is odd then, I still have 00000012 for the Room stat after more than 24 hours.

Meanwhile when I put the battery in an press the O button it shows this:

My room stat is 0000a412 , can u post an image of your roomstat from HA?

This is what I can see in HA.

that looks like a bug… if the parent node is blank then its direct… I’ll look at the code after… weird.

Don’t worry about it. I think, I have found the reason.

I have added a bunch of TRVs today. All on the old firmware 000000943. And all shows repeater. But the once it updates to 0000dac0 then it shows direct.

Is there any chance to expose the valve position or is that not part of the API? The TRVs show the valve position on a Zigbee network as “Heat Demand PI”. 0% closed, 100% fully open.

good the repeater bit is resolved… Now for the heating “rate”, i think the TRV attribute you want is percentage_demand

1 Like

Thanks! I haven’t looked there. I thought it would be under the iTRV attributes.

Hi, I have recently installed the Wiser system in my home and set up this integration in Home Assistant, which is working brilliantly. However, I have noticed that the Wiser TRVs often do not accurately show the actual temperature of the room (I have Aqara sensors in each room which I know to be accurate), instead they are usually 1 - 2 degrees above or below.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so is there a solution - perhaps a way to calibrate the TRVs?

I’ve set up some graphs in Grafana to plot the temperatures from the TRVs and sensors where you can see the discrepancies.

Hey good timing, I have the opposite :slight_smile:
in my new place I have wiser and my sons room I have a growEgg with what I consider quite accurate temp. What Im seeing is that it will say 17c whereas wiser thinks its 19c (1-2c) above.

I think the reason for this is, is that the trvs are at floorlevel , perhaps next to a wall, a blanket etc…

In our master bedroom we have a Thermostat and this is typically +/- 0.5c so for me I plan to buy another roomstat which i know takes precedence over the trvs…

I have not seen a setting which allows you to add a “compensation” value to the trv (my old Max! valves did)…

Anyone else like to comment?

I use the average component as the location of the TRV is not ideal to be used alone as a temperature reference. I have a xiaomi temp/humidity sensors that are positioned at eye sight height then use the avg of the two sensors.

I thought I read in the wiser documentation that they adjust the temperature of the trv with an algorithm to factor in the positioning, to try and give a temperature reflective of the centre of the room