Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Some progress but still stuck. I have added an SSH addon and opened a terminal window but whenever i try to install HACS i get “bad address” error. Tried a search for possible fixes but nothing works so far.

Hi sorry about late response

This is what I have and trying to integrate with HA

https://www.clipsal.com/products/detail?CatNo=CLP501902&itemno=CLP501902&tab-document-1=0

Any thoughts?

Many thanks for the pointers - all done an dusted and working very nicely…

Certainly one of the better extensions in the Home Assistant universe…

Cheers !

Have you had any luck? Not sure but sounds like a DNS problem.

No luck unfortunately. I thought this was a DNS issue as well but i have tried different DNS servers and still get the same error.

Looks like this is the end of my attempts to get HACS to download.

There a number of threads with a similar issue. Have you tried some of the suggestions?

There are quite a few ways you might have chosen to install Home Assistant:

• Directly on your device as Home Assistant OS
  • Added to an existing operating system on your device (e.g. you are running Ubuntu and then installed Home Assistant as a program)
  • Either of the above but on a virtual machine in Proxmox or similar

You also aren’t clear about where you actually face the Bad address message:

• When trying to connect to Home Assistant via SSH
  • After running the commands to install HACS on the command line of the Home Assistant device either via SSH or the terminal in the Home Assistant web interface.

You would probably be better served by raising your issues in the HACS Discord, as people there will have more experience supporting people getting HACS up and running. It is well worth installing HACS as many great integrations are available this way, including this one.

I’m going to start again from scratch using an SSD rather than a USB stick.

I’m having some unexpected behavior with away mode.

We went on holidays 3 days ago and before leaving I enabled away mode. 4 out of 5 rooms were already on same target temp due to schedule but the 5th room lowered as expected.

Yesterday I checked the temperatures and away mode was still enabled and seemed to work. One room (5th room) was getting cold too fast and so I raised the away mode temperature some degrees. All rooms inherited this new target temperature. So far so good. But when I checked today I noticed it changed the temperature back to the scheduled temperature instead of the away mode set temperature.

I tried to change the away mode target temperature and disabling / enabling it but 4/5 rooms don’t activate away mode anymore at all, just stays on auto idle/heating. The 5th room do active away mode and I simply can’t figure out why since all 5 rooms are identical setup (TRV with a room stat in each room). The strange thing is, if I activate away mode and change temperature on any of the not working 4 rooms, they change to away mode - override even though they never changed to away mode to begin with.

For now I made a new schedule with same temp as away mode and enabled this for all rooms 24/7. This is not ideal though.

Any of you guys have any issues or maybe can confirm it works and I just messed up something?

Thanks.

Just to check. Is your schedule temperature lower than your away mode temp in these instances as when this is the case wiser will continue to use the schedule temp.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it! Is this normal behaviour?

I thought wiser away mode took precedence over schedule.

1 Like

Yes this is normal behaviour. The way Schneider have implemented away mode is that Away mode takes precedence unless the scheduled temperature is lower than the away mode temperature, in which case the scheduled temperature takes precedence.

2 Likes

When using Drayton Wiser, I can test whether a room is set to “heat” or “auto”, and I can turn the heating in the room on or off, but how do I specify to use “auto” when I turn the heating on when it has previously been off?

When the back door is open, I turn off the heating in the utility room. If both the back door and the door between utility and kitchen are open, I turn off the heating in the kitchen. As doors close, I turn heating back on, but I want to ensure it goes back on using the schedule rather than a fixed temperature, so want to specify that it should go on using “auto”. How do I do that please?

Code below is testing existing state. I’m just not sure how to set the state.

- if:
    - condition: or
      conditions:
        - condition: state
          entity_id: climate.wiser_kitchen
          state: heat
        - condition: state
          state: auto

Use the set hvac service like so.

service: climate.set_hvac_mode
data:
  hvac_mode: auto
target:

You can also use this to set to off or heat but obv change Auto to Off or Heat.

1 Like

I just had a weird problem, not sure if it originated in HA or the hub itself. I wonder if anyone else has seen anything like this.

I just bought a pack of 3 TRVs to add to the 4 I already had. I have put these in bedrooms we don’t use much, but 2 of them we use when our grandsons stay. So having added the TRVs, and them being given the usual default schedule that new devices get, I edited these schedules to suit when the grandchildren are staying. I then unassigned these schedules in HA, thinking that I will set up something to assign the schedules back to the TRVS when needed. I carried out this schedule editing in the wiser app, not from the HA side.

So the 2 TRVs now had no schedule assigned, and obviously were not doing anything. All schedule info in HA matched the app.

All was fine, but a few days later, I happened to notice that these 2 bedrooms were heating, and when I looked, the TRVs had new schedules assigned to them, same name as the ones I had previously created (which were still there not assigned to any device), new ID numbers, and the schedules were the default pattern that new devices get. It is as though something, be that HA or the hub, I have no idea, went through the “here’s a new device with no schedule, I’ll give it a simple one” process…

I deleted the duplicate named schedules from within HA, and the TRVs went back to doing nothing and have carried on doing nothing since. I have tried to recreate it (restarting the integration, restarting HA etc.) but I can’t. I have no idea precisely when it happened, or what caused it.

So my question is, does anyone else routinely run for long periods with some TRVs having no schedule assigned? Seen anything like this?

Yes, the Wiser system seems to do this sometimes when no schedule is assigned to a device.
This can be overcome by creating a simple schedule where the temperature remains low all of the time and assigning that schedule to the device.
I have a schedule called Empty with a single temperature of 14 degrees all day every day and assign this Empty schedule to the empty rooms. When someone is coming to stay I assign the Bedroom schedule to their room for the duration of the stay.
It comes from the Wiser system, not from this integration because other users have reported the problem even when they don’t use Home Assistant.

2 Likes

I used to do exactly the same for rooms not in use, assign them to an “Unheated” schedule that was set at 16 degrees 24/7 and then move them to the normal “Bedrooms” schedule when someone was staying. That was before we had Passive Mode. Now I keep them in the standard “Bedroom” schedule and switch on Passive Mode (set to 12-16 degrees) for each of the rooms when not in use and switch it off when people are staying. Either way, it sounds like you are best keeping them in some sort of schedule.

Thanks, good to know it’s not just me. I will adopt this “empty schedule” approach.

Cheers

To say Im chuffed is an understatement! Only been using HA for around 10 months now and mainly for this integration.

I have now created a template sensor that looks at the forecast 3 hours ahead, references that temp with the feels like temp and then decides what season it is based on temperatures that I set. I actually have 6 seasons (Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn, Early Spring, Early Autumn). If the season changes, an automation runs which then calls a script to set new schedules for every room in my house. Yesterday alone, it automatically changed the temps 3 times due to fluctuation in temps.

Wiser

I have a question though. I now have 96 schedules which isnt really a problem but its got me thinking of rather than having schedules would it be possible to generate these via scripts instead?

Thanks for this amazing integration btw, absolutely brilliant!

Great to hear you are enjoying this integration and cudos to those smarts. There is a service that allows you to set a schedule from a ‘string’ which supports templating. See the wiki section on this service.

You can then set a schedule in an automation or a script using templated values.

Ie.

service: wiser.set_schedule_from_string
data:
  entity_id: climate.wiser_living_room
  schedule: |
      Type: Heating
      Weekdays:
      - Time: {{ as_timestamp(strptime(states('input_datetime.wakeup'), "%H:%M:%S")) | timestamp_custom("%H:%M") }}
        Temp: 16.0
      Weekends:
      - Time: {{ as_timestamp(strptime(states('input_datetime.wakeup'), "%H:%M:%S")) | timestamp_custom("%H:%M") }}
        Temp: {{ 2 * 8 + 1 }}