Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

As @senna1992 suggested, you can create a Derivative sensor or a Trend binary sensor.

There is a good explanation I found of the difference between the two sensors here, as they are very similar in function.

Either one of these should allow you to write an automation that triggers when the temperature is increasing and the heating is meant to be off, but be aware you could get false notifications caused by other heat sources e.g. from the sun warming a room through a window (especially in the Summer), the oven on in a Kitchen, a tumble dryer running etc.

1 Like

Iā€™m using Wiser Home Assistant Integration v3.3.11

I notice from post #2038 passive mode is now buit into the integration and Iā€™m trying it out.

Iā€™ve found the enable switch and turned it on for one device.
There is popup to set a split temperature.
But when it is closed, it seems to revert to the original 12.0c - 12.0c values.
Is this correct, or do I need to do something else?

Edit:
HA core is 2023.11.2
Supervisor 2023.11.0
OS 10.1

passive mode follows your schedules, also when its enabled you can only change the lower value, to change the target set point you have to do that in schedule, or first take it out of AUTO, and put in in MANUAL mode.

Ok. But I was expecting something like thisā€¦

Thatā€™s a modified card using card-mod, plus that screeshot is from one of the early betas. Iā€™'ve posted lots of code for various of my controls further up the thread if you want to use any of it.

As @andyblac said, take it out of Auto and put it into Manual mode, otherwise the upper temperature will be set by the schedule and youā€™ll only be able to adjust the lower value.

Hi there - new user to this integrationā€¦

Not sure if Iā€™m approaching this is the right way, butā€¦

How can you programmatically set the hight temp for the thermostat or TRV to heat to ?

Iā€™m used to using Automation/Scenes to change my previous setup (Secure Boiler controls over ZWave) via simple buttons on a page. Maybe its just a case of adjusting to a new way of doing things ??

Cheers !

Having been following this thread for a while I think its time for me to try out this integration but I am struggling to understand how to find and install the software. I have successfully installed the Home Assistant software onto a minipc and I can connect using either a browser or an app but whats next? I need a step by step guide for dummies!

All help appreciated.

Try this?

Thanks for this but iā€™m still non the wiserā€¦

It says in the instructionsā€¦
4. Create a custom_components directory (if it does not already exist) within your Home Assistant config directory
5. Within the wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/custom_components directory copy the wiser folder to your HA installations custom components directory, so that you have custom_components/wiser directory with the files in.

How do I do that?

What you want to do is follow the links on the section that says install HACS. Once HACS is installed it is all very easy.

Looks like youā€™re trying the ā€œManualā€ method. It should be easier to use the HACS method - youā€™re likely to want to install several different bits from HACS as time goes on, so perhaps try that method to start? It should just take care of stuff for youā€¦

Link to HACS download and install instructions. Download | HACS If needed you can find many guides online to installing HACS.

Hi - welcome - sorry, it looks like your message got skipped. We werenā€™t really trying to ignore you! Have a look at the Services page in the Wiki

It might be that the generic climate services (towards the bottom) are what youā€™re looking for.

The upper temperature (and lower temperature) is only available when in Passive Mode. You use the native (i.e. non Wiser specific) climate.set_temperature service for this.

service: climate.set_temperature
data:
  target_temp_high: 21
  target_temp_low: 18
target:
  entity_id: climate.hallway_climate

When not in Passive Mode, you only have the single target temperature available.

service: climate.set_temperature
data:
  temperature: 21
target:
  entity_id: climate.hallway_climate

Some progress but still stuck. I have added an SSH addon and opened a terminal window but whenever i try to install HACS i get ā€œbad addressā€ error. Tried a search for possible fixes but nothing works so far.

Hi sorry about late response

This is what I have and trying to integrate with HA

https://www.clipsal.com/products/detail?CatNo=CLP501902&itemno=CLP501902&tab-document-1=0

Any thoughts?

Many thanks for the pointers - all done an dusted and working very nicelyā€¦

Certainly one of the better extensions in the Home Assistant universeā€¦

Cheers !

Have you had any luck? Not sure but sounds like a DNS problem.

No luck unfortunately. I thought this was a DNS issue as well but i have tried different DNS servers and still get the same error.

Looks like this is the end of my attempts to get HACS to download.

There a number of threads with a similar issue. Have you tried some of the suggestions?