Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

I don’t know what has changed.
But for me it is only for wiser hub V2, it’s firmware has changed also.

Hi! I am trying to set up the integration for the first time and get stuck in trying to find the secret key. I have the Schneider branded Wiser hub (link to product specs) for the Finnish market. I have been using it for some months and have a lot of devices connected to it. Pressing the reset button once doesn’t trigger the setup mode (meaning I can’t see the hub’s wifi AP). I don’t want to risk factory resetting the hub as the effort in re-pairing all the connected wall switches, thermostats etc. would be too big. I tried capturing some wifi traffic with an Android phone, but don’t know how to find the secret key from the packets. It looks like the traffic is encrypted and my competences didn’t stretch far enough in figuring out how to decrypt it. All help in finding out the secret key without factory resetting the hub are appreciated.

Another way is to use httpcanary on an android tablet connected to the local network.
In this case when you use Wiser Home app threw Httpcanary you’ll be able to see the communication s between the app and the wiser hub and the secret key will appear…

I am a newbie to using traffic capturing so it could well be I just don’t know how to do it correctly. When trying to capture/analyze the traffic with reqable, the Wiser app loses the connection to the Hub. Is it so that they have built some improved security measures to the Wiser app? The Wiser app continues to function flawlessly immediately after shutting down the traffic analysis with reqable.

It’s also possible to capture traffic using “Packet Capture” which is available in the play store. If your hub is compatible the secret key should appear as a header on each request

Heat Pumps -

Hi all, been using this nicely for a year or two with our combi, but we are getting a heat pump installed next week and have a few questions - maybe not all specific to this integration but I hope it’s ok to ask here.

Octopus are the installer, and are very insistent that using a smart thermostat with the heat pump is a bad idea due to cycling. Is anyone using them together?

One idea I had was to not connect the Wiser hub to the heat pump directly, instead just powering it on a standalone power supply, but I have no idea if this is possible or a good idea? Then control the TRVs being open/closed and separately call for heat in HA directly to the heat pump, and also being able to get say 70% of the TRVs open at any one time so that the heat pump doesn’t cycle - e.g. it gets too hot in my office, then I’ll turn the spare bedroom TRV on instead.

If someone has connected the Wiser hub to the heat pump itself, how is this working for you? I know in the app you can change the boiler type so in theory it changes state less, but not sure how much difference this makes?

Thanks!

There is a “Heat Source Type” setting for “Heat Pump”. I don’t think Panasonic would have partnered with Wiser for their heat pumps if it wasn’t OK to use Wiser to control them.

I posted my thoughts on this last year - Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration - #2913 by liveware-problem

I still think the Wiser cycling can be too quick for my particular use case; this year I’m going to try running the ASHP longer with no micro-zoning and see how effective that approach is. Not sure how I’m going to do that yet though!

Mark, Sorry if you all ready know about this but I noticed this in my logfile
2024-09-10 10:52:51.677 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected that custom integration ‘wiser’ calls hass.http.register_static_path which is deprecated because it does blocking I/O in the event loop, instead call await hass.http.async_register_static_paths([StaticPathConfig("/wiser", "/config/custom_components/wiser/frontend", False)]); This function will be removed in 2025.7 at custom_components/wiser/frontend/init.py, line 24: self.hass.http.register_static_path(, please create a bug report at Issues · asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform · GitHub
Looks like we have till 2025 to fix it

Sorry if I have reported this in the wrong place. the end of the message was off my screen when I copied it

Thanks Geoff. Yes, noticed this with upgrade to 2024.9. I have fix in dev and will be in next release (maybe before 2025! :grinning:)

1 Like

Hi @msp1974 would it be possible to update this, please? I know it’s a minor thing but as heating season is coming it would be much easier to keep tabs on humidity in the rooms. Thank you in advance.

It seems that humidity from room stats still drop to 0 when hub becomes unavailable in latest version

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 13.08.29

2 Likes

Away mode passive mode behaviour change. Previously, in auto, away mode would override passive mode. However, in ‘heat’ mode passive mode used to persist. I personally liked this behaviour. Now away mode override seems to work in heat mode too. Was this change intentional?

I dont recall any change to do this or in fact that it ever worked like that. The last change to that part of the code was over 7 months ago. Has anyone else seen this?

Maybe it was never meant to work that way. For some reason it used to though. :rofl:

I haven’t noticed, but IMO Away Mode should always override Passive Mode.

I agree but I did quite like the ability for heat mode to still apply passive mode.

I know that if you changed mode on a room (and i think also temp), the hub would cancel the away mode on that room. Maybe this is the situation and maybe the hub no longer does this from a firmware update.

Yes will do. Sorry i forgot. Prob a release in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes