Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Fred,

I think you are confused with instruction 4 and what I am saying. Do not copy the wiserHomeAssistantPlatform folder. Look in this folder and you will see a folder called custom_component. In this folder is a folder called wiser. It is this folder you copy not the one you are.

As such, you need to clone the repo into a folder somewhere (home drive etc). Then copy the wiser folder that is within the wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/custom_components folder to your config/custom_components folder.

To add the instructions you followed with corrections. See last line where you copy.

cd /config
mkdir wiser
cd /config/wiser
git clone https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform.git
cd /config
mkdir custom_components
cd custom_components
cp -r /config/wiser/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/custom_components/wiser

Brilliant,
That did it.

I see where I didnā€™t read the last sentence correctly,

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Hi Mark, it seems this did not in fact fix things as I am now getting the same error again. I have checked and the hub is still assigned the same IP as the error is giving. Here is the error again, any ideas?

Connection timeout trying to update from Wiser Hub 192.168.68.124. Error is HTTPConnectionPool(host=ā€˜192.168.68.124ā€™, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /data/v2/domain/ (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f8b3821b640>, ā€˜Connection to 192.168.68.124 timed out. (connect timeout=5)ā€™))

17:38:29 ā€“ (ERROR) Drayton Wiser Integration for Home Assistant (custom integration) - message first occurred at 17:26:28 and shows up 10 times

Sandy, this is not the same error as before as this is a timeout error, before was connection refused.

TBH i see timeout errors from my hub too. Im not sure if this is a wifi issue or the hub busy doing something else. In every case it does this for a few minutes and then is fine again.

In prior versions (pre 3.0.19), we did not retry the connection before a timeout and provided less detailed error messages. I too am running a mesh network and wonder if anyone else sees these timeout messages from their hub. Either way, this is not (he says confidently until proven otherwise! :grinning:) an issue with the integration but network/hub.

I am still running v2.6beta6 and just recently update HA from 2021.10.6 to 2022.02.3 and then .5. Before the new HA version I cannot remember seeing any of these timeout messages.

(Actually I cannot find any in the Log part of HA, and I am writing from a phone so digging into the log itself if painful to find the right one.)

But as yourself, Mark, I am using a mesh network. To be precise, Linksys Velop. And I do have connectivity issues in some part of the house, but that node is far away from the Heat Hub.
I do have some other network timeout, refused etc issues as well since the new version of HA, so I wouldnā€™t write that off yetā€¦

Thanks Mark, having left it overnight it has in fact sorted itself out. Iā€™ll try waiting a bit longer in future!

Is it possible to use this integration with the Wiser Hub / Zigbee products, or is it only for the Heating-Hub?

No, this integration is only for the Wiser Heating system which is released in the UK. Weā€™ve recently had some request for supporting the ā€œotherā€ wiser kit which has been released in Europe but alas we donā€™t have the kit in the UK and this makes it difficult for us to develop/support.

We did try to support some kit using sample payloads (See Heating actuators, shutters, and dimmable light Ā· Issue #215 Ā· asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform Ā· GitHub) but to be honest without the actual kit it was/is hard to debug and get working properly.

That said we are more than happy to merge ā€œtestedā€ PRs with the base code base but weā€™ll need someone to take sometime to code and help support it.

Wanna contribute?

1 Like

Ah, I understand. Well, then Iā€™ll see if I can find some other way to get it to work. :slight_smile: Itā€™s a shame that SE blocked everything from other brands. Mainly the ability to use a light switch with a Hue bulb or some other brand.

1 Like

Just updated my post, checkout the git issue https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/issues/215

Just to add to Angelosā€™ comments. The current version 3.0.21 will ā€˜workā€™ with the Schneider hub that is available in Europe. Ie, if you have all the heating stuff then it seems to work fine.

In terms of lights and shutters, it currently only creates signal entities for them and will also create a light entity (dimmable lights only at present) for view of on/off/dim level but not control.

As the api seems common across the different hubs, as Angelo said, we are more than happy to work with people to be able to add this in, but we will need you guys to do some work to help us with the necessary json payload for properties and commands to issue to control them or even better to provide tested PRs.

Hi, new to ha and just got this wiser integration set up and working. Great work.
One thing I canā€™t see is the option to boost a room.
There is an entity to boost all, but no room by room boost, and there is no button on the GUI to enable a boost. Iā€™m probably missing something but Iā€™d love to know if I am, as I say Iā€™m very new to this so hopefully someone can help.
Thanks in advance, and great work guys :+1:

Add climate entity as a thermostat card and click 3 dots on top to bring up preset modes. Boost is here.

You can also use the service climate.preset and use Boost 30m etc on a climate entity.

Hope that helps.

I already had the climate entity as a thermostat card but I totally missed the ā€˜presetsā€™ drop down where the boost is.
Thanks so much for your help
Much appreciated

Does anyone know if you can change the zigbee network channel for the hub, via this integration or the official app? Iā€™m sure it was an option in the app, but now I canā€™t find it.

Hi @dunxd

Ive been following your posts to try and get the Geo updating etc.

The API is connecting, but i am unable to see any stats, and unable to select any entities in the energy dashboard?

Could you give me some pointers where i may be going wrong? Happy to share my configs etc?

Thanks

Rob

Recently updated to 3.0.21 and the integration no longer loads. (says canā€™t load on integration page). Reverted back to 3.0.20 and loads fine. Running HA in docker latest stable version.

Anyone else having these issues when upgrading (via HACS)

See this issue. Seems some methods of running HA have a problem installing ruamel.yaml latest version. What is your environment? Are you running a support HA setup? Issue will tell you how you can solve.

Ive tried all sorts to get this to work, and still unable to.

I also found your other post witht he new templates, however HA complains using this config. So far im seeing the below in the logs?

I dont suppose you have any pointers?