Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Mine’s definitely been worse this last couple of months. Never used to get red light on the hub (or i did but it re-connected to quickly to notice) but recently its been dropping off and staying off.
Updated to 2022.8.4 yesterday and no drops as yet but seriously thinking about upgrading my instance from my rpi3 now, may look at home assistant yellow when supply is up, makes the most sense like you say. It’s good to know that someone in the I.T industry for that amount of time is having the same issues! haha

I wonder if drayton will be looking into the new ‘matter’ tech that’s supposedly going to revolutionize the smart home world

The yellow is just an RPI4 with the nice comms bits integrated. I had an RPI4 with NVMe disk running this before, so if your going to spend what you have left after paying for the electric for all this automation stuff, I would be tempted to go a little more powerful.

I thought the celeron would still be quite slow (but it was a lot cheaper than an i3 or i5) but its actually really good. Reboots take about 60 seconds, HA version upgrades that would take 20 mins now happen in about 3.

Yeah i like the Pi for its low power consumption. How does the beelink fair in that respect?
I was just looking at the base yellow without the cm4 so i can get a larger memory one. Is the baseboard just a standard pi 4 carrier board then? Just with two push buttons added? I thought there was more too it, considering they are charging over £100 even without the module

Been running Debian on Beelink mini and HA in docker for a couple of years now, still get some Wifi dropouts. I’m pretty sure that increasing the scan time has reduced the frequency of it happening, could this be because making fewer requests to the hub decrease the odds of a corrupt message occuring as Mark speculates?
Have only seen the red light on the hub when wifi fails over the last couple of weeks so something has changed for the worst recently.
Currently on firmware 3.10.6 on hub and HA 2022.8.5.

Hi All, just about to activate this integration - wanted to confirm that when pressing the button to get the secret key and then powering off and on (or waiting) that it will all revert to how it is setup?

Yes it will

1 Like

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but is the Clipsal Wiser hub compatible with this integration?
I suspect not, as I can’t find a way to get a secret key - this hub in AP mode uses a different ip 192.168.220.1 - and I can’t connect to 192.168.220.1/secret
Any experience people can share would be much appreciated

The hub dropping off WiFi will be completely independent of HA.

The hub only connects to 2.4 GHz networks which tend to be more prone to interference. Use a tool like WiFi Analyser to check out other WiFi networks around you in the 2.4 GHz spectrum and verify the channels the access points on your own mesh system is using. If there are partially overlapping networks this frequently is the cause of intermittent drop outs.

Don’t rely on the auto channel selection settings of your system - in my experience these are all crap unless you are using an expensive enterprise grade WiFi system.

Ideally you want to stick to channels 1, 6 and 11, and hope your neighbours do also. Microwave ovens, cordless phones etc can also cause interference in the 2.4 GHz spectrum, and if using multiple access points this can result in devices hopping to (and sticking with) unexpected ones as a result of temporary interference.

Hope this is helpful.

As some have said, I use a bt provided hub and disc mesh.
The wiser hub has been solid and this integration is absolutely brilliant. Never had a problem other than the big upgrade from v2 to 3

Thought I would provide you an update on mine. Came home yesterday from work and the hub had dropped of the WiFi 3 times in the day and was sitting flashing red. Repowered it and still would not connect. Was very frustrated as I thought my list of changes above had fixed it as no drop offs for a week.

Being the highly qualified IT professional, started doing troubleshooting diagnostics and noticed my wifi mesh node (2m from hub) had no lights. Checked it and dead as the proverbial dodo. Then connected the dots that my lovely wife had been doing some sorting/slash tidying of the area to find hub no longer plugged in! Suffice to say, when power restored the magic of connectivity also restored!

Moral of story…never blame your wife but just quietly fix and move on! :grinning:

3 Likes

Very likely, Schneider Electric are part of the CSA and are looking to use Matter in upcoming products. Drayton being part of Schneider are likely to follow that same direction.

https://www.se.com/ww/en/about-us/newsroom/news/press-releases/schneider-electric-to-integrate-new-‘matter’-standard-within-its-home-buildings-portfolio-609aacced098de00fc0aa0eb

Microwaves are a good suspect (doesn’t even have to be yours, if a neighbour is close enough) - every time we used ours, our Echo in the kitchen just stopped playing!

Moral of story…never blame your wife but just quietly fix and move on! :grinning:
Very wise(r)…

1 Like

Troyburton, Maybe, Maybe not… I had a quick look at the docs online and its made by SE but it doesnt control heating but more adpt to zigbee home automation… It does look similar to the French device, where we support blinds and switches so maybe this is a NZ/AU version…

@LGO44 Any advice?

I think that this hub is the schneider electric 2nd generation.
Cybersecurity is a major topic by Schneider and all the lines of business have to be compliant with the rules.

Hi,
Whats the full name of the geo app please? Tried searching for geo on the play store and got so many different results!

I’m using iOS and the app is called geo Home

1 Like

Thank you, it’s available on the Play Store.

Like a number of folk here. my Wiser Hub has been going off-line (red light) more frequently and has required a reboot to get back. There have been no changes to any relevant or near-by systems.
Whilst pondering on this I wonder

1. Is there any way to use HA Wiser Integration to reboot the hub, either manually or on a schedule?
  2. I’ve noticed that the “Wiser Cloud” entity is showing “Disconnected” all the time even when the system is online. I don’t know if this has always been the case because I’ve rarely checked this. Would be interesting to know if others observe this.