Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

You should be able to use the automation engine on European hubs to trigger a load shed based on actuator values?

1 Like

Thanks
I hope it because it’s not available yet in France.

another question: I’ve just bought some room stat and heating actuators with different firmwares how can I update them?

They will update automatically over the next few days.

My Hub and TRVs updated recently as expected, however I’m having major issues. This morning at 4am I woke up to find the bedroom at 28C. The hall was 26C. They were set to 18C and 25C respectively.

I checked and the Hub was not connected to the WiFi. I have Unify APs. There is no mesh and the Hub is set to always connect to the same AP.

When I rebooted the Hub, things seemed to go back to normal, but this has happened another 4 times today.

The latest update seems to have made the WiFi disconnection issue so much worse and the TRVs are opening for no reason, when there is no call for heat.

On a Facebook group it seems like this is widespread, but Drayton support is saying people just need to recalibrate their TRVs which is not helping.

I suspect that HA integration is making the disconnection problem much worse.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions please?

We’ve gone through 22 litres of oil already today, as opposed to our usual 13 litres in 24 hours.

Many thanks

John

1 Like

My brother In law has mentioned similar issues. 3 of his iTRVs in one room were not closing even though heat wasnt being called for in that room. In the same room he has a roomstat which ended up showing 28 degrees in that room because another room was calling for heat.
Batteries all fine and checked as he has only had the system for a couple of weeks. Valve pins moving freely and iTRVs calibrated.

Also another oddity is in the same room as the 3 iTRVs and roomstat, he has a Drayton smart plug, and today ALL 5 devices in that room went offline for around 2 hours. All other iTRVs around the house in different rooms remained online, as did the hub. It was as if that entire ‘room’ went offline for some reason.

He doesn’t use HA just the Wiser app. Waiting to see what firmware his devices are showing.

I’ve noticed some issues as well such as trvs not fully shutting off. Also, I’ve noticed the final close of the trv is much louder than it used to be on the last firmware. Makes the rad pipework vibrate whereas before it was pretty quiet.

P.S. How are you measuring oil usage on your boiler?

thank you so much

Same behaviour here too. So much fuel wasted over the last 4-5 days as rooms well above their target temp and constant offline issues.
Disabling HA integration has helped the latter but still unacceptable reliability on system with 12trvs and a booster which wasn’t cheap.

Ditto. Exact same behaviour here. It’s become horrendously unreliable of late. Really hope Drayton sort a fix. Seems to be some correlation with WiFi Mesh (Orbi user here) but no solution yet…£800+ invested and pretty unhappy.

Ive just signed up after finding this page and having looked at homeassistant after the hassle I’ve had over the last couple of days.

Exactly the same as you are describing.
TRVs not shutting off totally. Room temps set at 20 but climb over 26.
Also random dropouts of multiple TRVs for extended periods.

I was looking for a solution to get nerd stats from the wiser controller to see what’s going on, as I work in tech and networking so happy to try and diagnose myself.
In one way I’m glad I’m not the only one though.

Setup is
2x Unifi WiFi 6 APs - Hub connected at -66dbm
2 channel wiser HubR linked to Ideal heat only boiler in hot water priority and opentherm mode. Firmware 3.10.8
1 wiser plug as extender (now turned off as test, wasn’t bought to fix signal anyway)
8x TRVs and 1xStat.
90s detached cavity wall brick and plasterboard construction.

I currently don’t have homeassistant running so my setup is “out the box”.

Screenshots showing the issue from the wiser app:

Cheers all.

@LGO44 LE GALLO How did you expose the TRV firmware in HA

I use the flex-table-card, here is the my yaml code.

type: custom:flex-table-card
title: Equipements Wiser
entities:
include:
- sensor.wiser*_signal
exclude: null
columns:

• data: name
    name: name
  • data: vendor
    name: vendeur
  • data: product_type
    name: type produit
  • data: model_identifier
    name: equipement
  • data: icon
    name: signal
  • data: firmware
    name: Firmware
  • data: serial_number
    name: numero de serie
  • data: node_id , hub_route
    name: Node_id , Zigbee Hub_route
    multi_delimiter: ’ , ’
    sort_by:
  • product_type+
  • serial_number+
    clickable: true

@LGO44 Thank you. Another little project for next week.

Cheers

Did the iTRV firmware also get updated with the hub firmware? I’ve definitely noticed louder, more frequent adjustments of the valves. Not had them staying open when there is not demand yet. Did everyone do a power cycle after the update?

I presume there is no easy way to rollback firmwares?

Yes, the iTRV firmware was updated to 0000ea60 alongside the recent hub change. The prior level of 0000dac0 appeared in mid-2021.

@jamiebennett, would you mind to comment about the firmware changes on the TRVs? And also regarding the complaints above? That seems to be another worrying trend and reminds me an Amazon review a few years back, who slashed the hole system because it was turning on heating the middle of summer.

@jamiebennett The roomstat salle_salon stays in version 0000a412 as the others are inversion 0000ea63, how can I update it? or may I ask an exchange?

I’d be surprised if any room over shoots are Wiser.

When we work with a reporter of this issue we always go through the following:

• Are iTRV batteries at a good level (iTRV can be stuck open/closed if batteries are depleted)
  • Have the iTRVs been calibrated? You need to do this every time you remove them. Take out the battery, twist the cap a few times, put the batteries back in. When the iTRV flashes all lights twist the cap to the minus sign and hold it for two seconds until the motor starts calibrating.
  • Stuck / stiff valve pin (very, very common). Take off the iTRV and manually push down the protruding pin on the value. If it has resistance or doesn’t move at all you need to unfree it (videos on YouTube) or replace it.
  • Stuck / stiff motorised valve. On a two or three port system the motorised valve can just get stuck. If it gets stuck or doesn’t move freely it can ‘bleed’ hot water into places that it shouldn’t be.

If all of the above doesn’t resolve the issue, check the heating LED on the Wiser gateway. It is hard wired to the call for heat relay and cannot be on if the relay is off. So if you are experiencing heat but the LED is off, it’s not Wiser.

And finally. In heat report you can see the set temperature of an individual room. If the room temp is above the set temp in heat report, again it’s not Wiser heating the room, it will be one of the above reasons.

In all our investigations with individual users, I’ve never seen a report that was Wiser overshooting by more than a few tenths of a degree.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

You cannot manually update it, it will get a software update over the air eventually. Don’t worry, you are not missing out on major features. The iTRV firmware is very mature and only minor changes are pushed out now.

1 Like

On the WiFi issues some are experiencing, we are still working on it. Some in the community already have a new build and we are trying to get to the bottom of it, we are getting closer. Sorry it’s taking longer than expected.

5 Likes