Drayton Wiser

Been getting a bunch of these errors in the log.

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 240, in async_update_ha_state
    device_attr = self.device_state_attributes
  File "/config/custom_components/sensor/wiser.py", line 123, in device_state_attributes
    attrs['device_reception_LQI'] = deviceData.get("ReceptionOfDevice").get("Lqi")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Not sure if it is coincidence, but likely connected, temperature of all the climate components are reporting -20.

The official wiser app seems to be reporting sensible numbers thouh (about 19 degrees)

Ah yes. I fixed this one in the latest commit…

I also think the “syncing” of data isnt quite right… looking at that now
Just checked my production HA logs and I dont have any errors there…

Just released v1.3 which provides support for setting temperatures and setting boost.

Please test away :slight_smile:

Hi Angelo,
I’ve made a PR to support custom_updater so the files can be updated automatically

Cool, thanks Merged the PR already.
Im working on a) Putting the wiserhub code on pypi (done) b) Publishing it as part of Home Assistant itself (InProgress)…

Alas Im in San Fran now for work so cant really work on it till i get back… hopefully in the next two weeks.

All, Im trying to get the code into the main HA distribution but hitting a brick wall… anyone got HA Dev experience checkout my other thread - any help grateful

hey all, FYI discovered the error, it was not that I didnt have a manfest.json is that my manifest.json did not include a dependancies section

Logged issue on this https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/24270

Shame I burnt 2 evenings trying to figure this out… :frowning:

EDIT

guys,

Im prepping the package for inclusion into Home Assistant. To this end Ive got he main wiserHub package now on PyPi and reformatting code etc so that it conforms to HA standards. Can someone please give it a whirl and see if its all ok?

its on dev branch “UseNewPyPi” so to get to it use

git clone [email protected]:asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform.git
git checkout 

The Wiser Heat Hub, TRV and switch integration is available on HACS.
Works really, really well!

See repository: https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform

1 Like

Does this use local control?

Need to replaced our Salus thermostat, it keeps setting itself to 24°C and won’t let us turn it down!

My house is trying to cook me

Wiser is local control. Internet not needed

Yeah does not need the internet just a local connection to the heat hub

Could i set the Schedule using an input value slider?

the syntax is wrong, i think i should be using value templates?

for example instead of

Name: Test Room
Description: Schedule for Test Room
Type: Heating
Weekdays:
  - Time: 07:30
    Temp: 21.5

have

Weekdays:
  - Time: input_datetime.heating_weekday_on1
    Temp: input_number.temp_weekday_on1

Edit:

would it be this?

Weekdays:
  - Time: "{{ states('input_datetime.heating_weekday_on1') | int }}"
    Temp: "{{ states('input_number.temp_weekday_on1') | int }}"

hi there, sorry i didnt see this post…

Have you solved this?

Are you still able to use it with the Wiser app after you do the instaltion on Home Assitant with the repository shared above?

Yep no problems what so ever… I’ll be honest I mainly use the app and the HA component is there to suck data into my influx DB…

Ahaha…ok thanks a lot thou :wink:

1 Like

I have just started to install mine, initially started off with the hub and a room thermostat when I connected everything to hass, now I have added an additional TRV but its not showing as an entity in hass, only the hub, the thermostat and the room I have initially created - is there anything like polling for newly added components? and if so how can I tune the value while I extend my setup?

Have you checked the unused entities in HaaS? I think you’ll find them there… You shouldnt need to but try restarting HaaS

all sorted they started to show up after some time

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Looking at moving onto the next stage now and was wondering if anyone has already done this that could help!

I have myself and my partner set up with our mobiles as device trackers. I want to set the away mode to activate when we are both away from the house and turn back on when we return.

Currently going through the automation process, but just wondering how I call for the away mode?