DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Can this theme be used as a dashboard in conjunction with another dashboard yet, now we can have multiple running? I’ve skimmed through the thread since 0.107 / 1.3.0 but can’t see it mentioned, only before that it wasn’t possible.
I’ll jump in if it’s now possible, if it isn’t yet will it be in the future or will the structure never allow this?

Yes, you can.

How have you done these @jimpower? Do you have the code on Git somewhere?

Which ones are you chasing?

This one Dwains Theme - Auto generating Lovelace theme for dekstop, tablet and mobile. v1.3.1

For all those chasing my custom addons I have started a thread over here - Dwains Theme - Custom Addons so as not to hijack away from this awesome theme.

1 Like

Is it OK to update home assistant to 0.110.0?

IMO, hold off - i’m seeing some odd behavour (cards not rendering until the window is refreshed) - I dont know whether its specific to Dwain’s customisation or its other plugins i’m running. I’m getting errors like this

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'states' of undefined
    at HTMLElement.set hass [as hass] (list-card.js:88)
    at HTMLElement.createCardElement (dwains-flexbox-card.js?v=0.1.2:107)
    at dwains-flexbox-card.js?v=0.1.2:49
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at HTMLElement.renderCard (dwains-flexbox-card.js?v=0.1.2:49)
    at HTMLElement.setConfig (dwains-flexbox-card.js?v=0.1.2:36)

Any of the usage of the Font Awesome icons have also disappeared - given the change to the way icons are handled in 0.110.0, thats not a surprise

Yeah please don’t update to HA 0.110. As much as I love the speed of the new updates of HA, it sometimes goes way too fast. And developers (including me) need to fix everything first for a new version. I will report here when you can upgrade to HA 0.110 in combination with Dwains Theme.

1 Like

Is there any particular reason you updated to 0.110.0? Feature wise or just trying to stay current I’m always hesitant and let folks like yourself be the frontline to either take the hill or be cannon fodder :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

Thumb in bum, mind in neutral - in the process of rolling back

2 Likes

The reported 250% speed increase in reboot times is very tempting. Glad I read the update thread first! Waiting a few point releases now.

2 Likes

In the few hours I was running it, I didnt see a discernible difference - although I need to dig into @jimpower’s nodered config to find how he does the reboot timer

1 Like

@bacco007 You will need to install rbe node and interval length node.

[{"id":"7198c1d9.24f99","type":"inject","z":"e1f0e3d4.94717","name":"HASS Connected?","topic":"","payload":"homeassistant.homeAssistant.isConnected","payloadType":"global","repeat":"1","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":220,"y":280,"wires":[["90700695.5a6978"]]},{"id":"90700695.5a6978","type":"rbe","z":"e1f0e3d4.94717","name":"","func":"rbei","gap":"","start":"","inout":"out","property":"payload","x":470,"y":280,"wires":[["44a7f64d.65b348","c965e1cb.7733a","48caa121.44f64"]]},{"id":"44a7f64d.65b348","type":"interval-length","z":"e1f0e3d4.94717","format":"human","bytopic":false,"minimum":"35","maximum":"","window":"","timeout":false,"msgTimeout":"","minimumunit":"secs","maximumunit":"secs","windowunit":"msecs","msgTimeoutUnit":"msecs","reset":false,"startup":false,"msgField":"payload","timestampField":"timestamp","repeatTimeout":false,"name":"","x":700,"y":280,"wires":[["35320d49.355a02"],[]]},{"id":"35320d49.355a02","type":"mqtt out","z":"e1f0e3d4.94717","name":"","topic":"harestart","qos":"","retain":"","broker":"7b0ebf15.c8825","x":940,"y":280,"wires":[]},{"id":"7b0ebf15.c8825","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"MQTT Server","broker":"10.0.20.2","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":false,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":""}]
2 Likes

Legend, cheers

1 Like

Anyone have any idea how to get an automower (specifically Worx Landroid) to show up as a nice view here? I was thinking of using it like a vacuum but I can’t figure out a good way.

1 Like

It’s actually handy to kick off any automations on start up but ensures that system is actually up before they start.

1 Like

I havent really delved into the world of automations yet - I wrote my first (using yaml) the other day to use a Xiaomi switch to turn a light on and off (and stop my sonos) in my WFH nook

My restart times are pretty horrendous (this morning while setting that up it was 2 and a half minutes), I want to try and get to the bottom of why its happening

1 Like

logging is your best friend for that :slight_smile: What are you using for HA, running automations in Node-RED speeds things up I fould also.

1 Like

HassOS VM (Proxmox) with 8Gb Ram (I think its got access to 2 cores of an i5)

I suspect the dyson integration has a lot to do with the speed - I’ve been having issues with the integration finding the devices in my dyson account so decided to reboot the fan and it seems to work now

1 Like